Autor Thema: A silly question.  (Gelesen 8886 mal)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
A silly question.
« am: November 23, 2005, 09:37:30 Vormittag »
I have a bit of a silly question.  :oops:

On the band photographs for Grime, including photos of each band member individually, at the bottom it says "Photo by Snowy Shaw."  Is that the same Snowy that drums for Dream Evil (and I know he did some guest drumming on Grime), or is there another Snowy Shaw out there doing professional band photography?  

At first I thought I was seeing things.  Now I'm rather confused.  :?

The Black Knight

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #1 am: November 23, 2005, 09:41:54 Vormittag »
It's the same bloke alright.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #2 am: November 23, 2005, 10:03:23 Vormittag »
He writes fantastic lyrics, AND he takes awesome band photos?  WOW!  Snowy just continues to impress me.  :)

The Black Knight

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #3 am: November 23, 2005, 11:01:35 Vormittag »
I agree on the lyric writing.

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #4 am: November 23, 2005, 10:47:05 Nachmittag »
I love Dream Evil!
Heavy Metal Jesus anyone??  :twisted:

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #5 am: November 23, 2005, 10:47:49 Nachmittag »
I want to be in The Book Of Heavy Metal, Mr. Bird-head man.  :mrgreen:

The Black Knight

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #6 am: November 23, 2005, 10:53:36 Nachmittag »
Dream Evil are great! Especially "Bad Dreams".

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #7 am: November 23, 2005, 11:04:16 Nachmittag »
I love that they're able to crank out one album per-year, too.  I just hope the DE fans don't get too petulant and demanding because of this quick rate of album releases.

The Black Knight

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #8 am: November 23, 2005, 11:19:30 Nachmittag »
Like the Falconer fans, eh?  :wink:

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #9 am: November 23, 2005, 11:35:29 Nachmittag »
No kidding!  I saw an entry in the Falconer guestbook that was complaining that Falconer has lost their credibility at this current vocallist change.

Honestly, people bitched and moaned when Matthias left, and people whined about Kriss's vocals, and now that Kriss is gone and Matthias is back, people aren't happy!  There's just no pleasing some fans.   :roll:

Regardless, I stand by my favorite bands through thick and thin.  I wouldn't be much of a fan if I did anything less.

The Black Knight

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #10 am: November 23, 2005, 11:52:14 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
No kidding!  I saw an entry in the Falconer guestbook that was complaining that Falconer has lost their credibility at this current vocallist change.

Honestly, people bitched and moaned when Matthias left, and people whined about Kriss's vocals, and now that Kriss is gone and Matthias is back, people aren't happy!  There's just no pleasing some fans.   :roll:

Regardless, I stand by my favorite bands through thick and thin.  I wouldn't be much of a fan if I did anything less.

Exactly how I feel. As long as people change and develop, bands will too, and that could only be a good thing. Then there must always be room for pros and cons, and that's very important. But things tend to get out of control, especially in this case, I beleive. It's almost like there are three "camps" now: One that just loves Kriss, one that just loves Mathias and one that wants and enjoys whatever Falconer produces. Pretty fascinating. But I think it happens to most of the bands when they change into new/old directions...

The entry in the guestbook that you mentioned (about "credibility" and so forth) is one of the most awkward entries I've ever read. (Apart from a very recent one on Blabbermouth, that speaks about Falconer in a very disgusting way.)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #11 am: November 24, 2005, 01:46:45 Vormittag »
I've noticed Blabbermouth tends to have lots of idiots that leave comments.  When Cellador got signed to Metal Blade records, the news was mentioned on blabbermouth, and of course a bunch of people left idiotic comments.  One even called them a "Casper milquetoast band" and spelled "Milquetoast" as "Milktoast."  

Basically, any band that isn't nu-metal that blabbermouth mentions gets slammed by idiots.

The Black Knight

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #12 am: November 24, 2005, 06:09:52 Vormittag »
Yeah, it's sad.

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #13 am: November 24, 2005, 06:12:10 Vormittag »
But then again, everything good gets slammed by idiots, just as lots of crap are celebrated by idiots, so what the hell?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
A silly question.
« Antwort #14 am: November 24, 2005, 06:37:44 Vormittag »
OMG BRD_HED!  DIDNT U NO TAHT SLIPKN0T IZ TEH SHIZNIT??? TEHY R TEH BESTS!!!!!11one

*twitch...*

I don't understand it either.  I honestly can't hold music taste against a person if they TRULY like the music for what it is.  It's the people that like it because it's "popular."  And here in the US, nu-metal is indeed popular, even though all the nu-metal, mallcore kiddies think it's not.  And that's what irks me.  They think they're rebelling with their "angry" music.  But really, they're just worshiping the same mass-produced, canned shite that the US record labels tell the bands to create and feed to the masses.

Sorry, bit of a rant there.  In short, if someone likes say...KoRn for what it is, I have no problem with that.  In my book, they get the same respect as someone who likes Falconer or Dream Evil gets.  A person, enjoying music - no gripes there.  But a person, liking something because they think it will piss off their parents well...I think Homer Simpson said it best:  "Urge to kill...rising."