Autor Thema: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - A.B.A.T.  (Gelesen 25407 mal)

Stefan W

• Gast
STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - A.B.A.T.
« am: Dezember 10, 2008, 09:02:46 Nachmittag »
AMONG BEGGARS AND THIEVES 8/10
Some of our most detailed and multi leveled songs are on this album.
Finally devoting some songs to be more "musical-goes-metal" just making me more hungry.
A top-of-the-notch song like "Dreams and pyres" even out a somewhat boring one like "Viddernas man".
Another "fast just for the sake of being fast" song is "Pale light of silver moon" allthough it´s lyric is one of my best.
The most diverse album for sure and the most dramatic.
Maybe lacking some easy digested hit-songs of the album's predecessor.
What it doesn't lack is double bass drums!

Fave songs: Dreams and pyres, Mountain men, Vargaskall

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Re: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - A.B.A.T.
« Antwort #1 am: Dezember 11, 2008, 03:35:21 Vormittag »
This album gets better with every listen, for me.

I was wondering about "Dreams and Pyres."  Given that this was the first song of its kind that you've written, how challenging was it for you?  Did you always intend to have three voices in the song, or did that come later on?  And now that you've done an epic "metal musical" track, will Falconer ever do a full-on concept album? 

Storm

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Dezember 11, 2008, 03:54:18 Nachmittag »
First time I heard the album I felt a little disappointed. I think I had expected the more "easy" and catchy sound on Northwind. However, a few month later I found that this album grows on you. Love it to the bone and it is surely a Falconer album in all the ways possible.

Faves: Carnival of Disgust (One of the best songs ever made by Falconer), Dreams and Pyres, Viddernas man.

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Dezember 11, 2008, 04:19:01 Nachmittag »
10/10

This is actually my fave Falconer album!!!

Fave songs: Vargaskall, Dreams and Pyres, Skula Skorpa Skalk, Carnival of Disgust

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Dezember 11, 2008, 06:40:14 Nachmittag »
This album gets better with every listen, for me.

I was wondering about "Dreams and Pyres."  Given that this was the first song of its kind that you've written, how challenging was it for you?  Did you always intend to have three voices in the song, or did that come later on?  And now that you've done an epic "metal musical" track, will Falconer ever do a full-on concept album? 

It was quite challenging but I think most of the time it took was laid on the orchestrations and stuff.
Most challenging and among the most satisfying songs I´ve written.
I knew from the beginning when I had the story that it would be 3 voices.
A full concept album in this kind of style would take a long time to make and I don't know how we would rehearse it, then ofcourse it would sound......not like the true Falconer so.....I´m sceptical.
None theless it´s not the last time I do a song in this style (well, maybe not as orchestral)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Dezember 12, 2008, 07:59:19 Vormittag »

Hm... 3 voices...
Guys, an interesting idea popped into my mind just now.
In case Stefan writes another song for, lets say, three voices - why not let the singers be Rickard Martinsson, Kristoffer Göbel and, of course, Mathias Blad? The voice of Mithotyn, Ex-Falconer and "neo-old" Falconer :)
I mean, those are three completely different voices which would make a really interesting mix. I'm just fantasizing about WHAT the song would sound like! I'd say some really heavy and epic metal song.
just a silly idea :)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Dezember 12, 2008, 02:42:05 Nachmittag »
I think that would be cool.  But I don't know if there are hard feelings or not between the "old" vocalists, and the current band.  That might make it difficult. :/

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Dezember 12, 2008, 06:25:56 Nachmittag »

Hm... 3 voices...
Guys, an interesting idea popped into my mind just now.
In case Stefan writes another song for, lets say, three voices - why not let the singers be Rickard Martinsson, Kristoffer Göbel and, of course, Mathias Blad? The voice of Mithotyn, Ex-Falconer and "neo-old" Falconer :)
I mean, those are three completely different voices which would make a really interesting mix. I'm just fantasizing about WHAT the song would sound like! I'd say some really heavy and epic metal song.
just a silly idea :)

Killer idea!

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Dezember 12, 2008, 07:02:16 Nachmittag »
Let´s not forget that I sang on the first Mithotyn album, so now we have 4 vocalists!!!!
Ooh yeah!!

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Dezember 12, 2008, 07:31:00 Nachmittag »
ARRRGH!!! Spare us that torture! It's hideous enough to hear you talk with that outrrrrraaageous accent of yours.  :arsch:

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Dezember 12, 2008, 07:36:56 Nachmittag »
How about Beckmann?? His voice was the highpoints of 'Gathered...'

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Dezember 12, 2008, 10:07:54 Nachmittag »
I know I would love something like that. But I don't think it would be as happely recieved among "normal" Falconer fans.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Dezember 13, 2008, 11:54:13 Vormittag »
I know I would love something like that. But I don't think it would be as happely recieved among "normal" Falconer fans.

As long as this happens for one single song, I don't think anybody would have anything against it. Even the die hard hardcore Falconites :)
Yeah, definitely include Karl Beckmann too! "Old Rover" is a classic!

Damn! Fellow Falconites - just imagine what an ensemble that would be :) The vocal essence of Mithotyn and Falconer.
I personally feel, that this would make a really stunning project. At least in theory ;)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Dezember 15, 2008, 02:54:40 Vormittag »
I'm not sure what a "normal" Falconer fan is supposed to be.  ;)

So we need a five-piece vocal track for the next Falconer album, with all those vocalists mention.  YES.

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Dezember 15, 2008, 10:55:17 Vormittag »
I'm not sure what a "normal" Falconer fan is supposed to be.  ;)

Well, I meant people like a bunch from my hometown, they listen to bands like Falconer, Hammerfall, Iron Maiden, and what's popular at the moment, like Evergrey and DragonForce. I don't say that it's bad bands but, that's it for them. And they rarely buy the albums, just download it. They would not understand, they have probably never heard Mithtyn either... So... To hell with them! Hehe