Autor Thema: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - A.B.A.T.  (Gelesen 25391 mal)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Re: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - A.B.A.T.
« Antwort #30 am: Januar 02, 2009, 06:02:31 Nachmittag »
Phew, lots of things to catch up with. ;)

ABAT: This album still has not grown on my. I was a little disappointed, but knew that it would have to grow, because of the different approach (not so catchy as Northwind). But until now I did not have the time and patience to put much effort in ABAT. It just does not work for me like the other albums do. Listening to Northwind at the moment - maybe ABAT will accompany me in the car tonight and have better chances there.

Regarding vocalists: Roy Khan is no fun watching and listening live, I personally think. He behaves like a diva and does not justify this by a great vocal performance. SONATA ARCTICA are much better for me. But that's all different topics. ;)

Anyone ever listened to Infernal Vengeance, Karl Beckman's recent band? I'd really like to have him on that new track (how far is the songwriting by the way, Stefan? ;) ).
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Jophelerx

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: Januar 03, 2009, 08:48:35 Nachmittag »
Among Beggars and Thieves: one of the great albums of all time.  Well, a good album, anyway.  Dreams and Pyres is among my favorite songs, probably in my top 5 favorite somewhere.  I love the duet a la piano at the beginning, then the orchestral part, and the metal-opera chorus parts...great song from start to finish.  I agree there should be more like that, especially with multiple voices together.  Mathias should do a duet with ZP Theart from Dragonforce!  Heh heh...just joking.  That would sound like crap.  I like what I've read you guys suggest as to another male vocalist, although I think Mathias with a female voice (such as the one in ABAT) is much better.
Anyway, I also really enjoyed Man of the Hour, although I think that the vocals weren't the best on the chorus, and I really liked Field of Sorrow, Carnival of Disgust, Mountain Men...basically the CD.  Keep up the good work guys!  Falconer is my favorite band ever!  Now if only we could get you guys to come to the US...ah, well.  Hope springs eternal.
So long!  Can't wait for another ABAT, or whatever you guys feel like putting out.  This CD was probably...yeah, 8 out of 10 is probably about right, Stefan.  Good record.

elbee

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: Januar 04, 2009, 03:10:39 Nachmittag »
@munkaboo: it's so cool, you mentioned Van Canto here, because I never heard about them before, but they're fantastic! (and as you said, really unique in the metal-scene) So thanks and keep on listening to such great bands!  :bangersmiley:

Vandroiy

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: Januar 16, 2009, 03:09:49 Nachmittag »
I think this is a brilliant album, I did a short review of it in another thread here sometime but it have gotten even better since. Right now I think it even tops the first Falconer album, which I use to claim to be the best one. And this is even though the unfortunate lead-misspelling ("Boling led", a great song though) which I also mentioned in another thread (but my post was removed, not very nice - it was just a friendly remark, no mocking involved whatsoever).  :(

Keep it up though (not the censoring, but the music :icon_biggrin:), I look forward to more great albums from you guys.

smokedgouda

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: Januar 27, 2009, 03:58:56 Vormittag »
I'm glad to see others feel the same way I do.  While the first Falconer album is just a classic in my book (8/10), it drifts off to the end in my opinion.  ABAT (9/10) is multi-layered and dynamic with fantastic melodies and interchanges.  I thought Northwind was very good (7/10).  CFAVF I would say is a 7/10 for me.  SoD is a 6/10 and GVG is the weakest at 4/10 in my opinion.

Munkaboo

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: Januar 28, 2009, 07:17:54 Nachmittag »
Glad you like it elbee, my girlfriend also really likes them.

Stefan,

Would you ever attempt to do Dreams and Pyres live?

edit: Not that it matters, I live in the US and would probably never get to see it =[

(Unless it was over the summer, I could go with my friend that lives in Gothenberg)
« Letzte Änderung: Januar 28, 2009, 07:25:41 Nachmittag von Munkaboo »

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: Januar 31, 2009, 11:11:29 Vormittag »
Doing Dreams and pyres live would require more people on stage than the actual band. It´s the best song on the album easily but we knew from the beginning tht it wouldn't be played live. Myabe that´s why it became so good. No limitations.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: Februar 01, 2009, 11:24:48 Nachmittag »
If you were playing a festival, and you knew some other vocalists that would be at said festival, you might be able to do that song live, if they were willing. ;)  For example, if you guys were playing Wacken one year, and After Forever AND Kamelot were playing that same year... Floor + Khan + Mathias = VOCAL SEX

I know, wishful thinking!  :biggrin:

Nyholm

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: Februar 25, 2009, 11:31:08 Vormittag »
What is this? Import Album, 709 Kr. Found it on Cdon.com

http://cdon.se/musik/falconer/among_beggars_%26_thieves_%5bimport%5d-4129787

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: Februar 25, 2009, 02:54:18 Nachmittag »
Imported from heaven with that price...

RedFox742

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: Februar 28, 2009, 04:38:25 Vormittag »
I've imagined a high-fantasy power-metal Avantasia-style concept album about a band of adventurers sung as follows:

- Mathias Blad - scholar/mage
- Tobias Sammett - dwarf/jester
- Annette Olzon - elf/healer
- ZP Theart - swordsman
- Joacim Cans - swordsman
- Tony Kakko - werewolf
- Hansi Kursch  - bard
- Roy Khan - mystic
- Piet Sielck - barbarian

Come on, even if you disagree with a few of those, wouldn't it be awesome?

And feel free to add on... :p
« Letzte Änderung: Februar 28, 2009, 04:41:28 Vormittag von RedFox742 »

Bebbanburg

• Gast
« Antwort #41 am: März 01, 2009, 04:00:26 Vormittag »
I've imagined a high-fantasy power-metal Avantasia-style concept album about a band of adventurers sung as follows:

- Mathias Blad - scholar/mage
- Tobias Sammett - dwarf/jester
- Annette Olzon - elf/healer
- ZP Theart - swordsman
- Joacim Cans - swordsman
- Tony Kakko - werewolf
- Hansi Kursch  - bard
- Roy Khan - mystic
- Piet Sielck - barbarian

Come on, even if you disagree with a few of those, wouldn't it be awesome?

And feel free to add on... :p

Ronnie James Dio as a hobbit surely? (Just for size, if nothing else) :icon_twisted:

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: März 01, 2009, 11:52:00 Nachmittag »
Swap out Anette with Sharon den Adel from Within Temptation.

Jophelerx

• Gast
« Antwort #43 am: März 02, 2009, 01:48:41 Nachmittag »
What about Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius?  He could be a ranger, perhaps.

RaceWithTheFalcons

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: Mai 21, 2009, 03:42:50 Nachmittag »
This is my second favorite Falconer album, just below the self-titled.

The only track I sometimes skip over is the Beggar Hero. I'm not a huge Dreams and Pyres fan like most other people, but it's a good song that I feel gets lost in its own scope and grandeur, but I still like it. Love the Swedish tracks! Great diversity of fast and slower songs. This album seriously never gets boring. Very mature songwriting.

I am eagerly awaiting the next Falconer album!