Autor Thema: KING OF ASGARD Signs With METAL BLADE RECORDS  (Gelesen 6418 mal)

Karl

• Gast
KING OF ASGARD Signs With METAL BLADE RECORDS
« am: März 10, 2010, 05:07:01 Nachmittag »
Metal Blade Records has announced the signing of the Swedish viking folk/death metal band KING OF ASGARD for the European territory.

KING OF ASGARD was formed in 2008 by Karl Beckman (ex-MITHOTYN) after he dissolved his latest musical projects. He teamed up with Karsten Larsson (FALCONER), a one-time accomplice in the defunct viking horde MITHOTYN, and the decision was made to go back to their roots both musically as well as heading for their Norse heritage in lyrical approach. With creativity flowing, numerous songs were written and KING OF ASGARD recorded a seven-track demo, "Prince Of Märing", at Lotang Studio. In late 2009 Jonas Albrektsson joined the ranks on bass to strengthen the lineup further.

KING OF ASGARD is currently recording its as-yet-untitled debut album at Sonic Train studios in Varberg, Sweden with Andy La Rocque (KING DIAMOND) at the helm. The plan is to leave the studio with "twelve dirty folk-stinking songs mould in extreme metal, reminding of times of old," according to a press release.

Commented KING OF ASGARD in a statement: "KING OF ASGARD are very proud being signed under the banners of Metal Blade Records. Releasing records under such influential label will be an honour and we feel our future collaboration will be nothing but grandiose. We are very keen on seeing what this can bring us. So teaming up with Brian, Andreas and the rest of the Blade staff is something we're easily throwing ourselves into and we're eagerly devoted on getting our debut out and heads rolling. Let's see if we can create a winter of three!"

KING OF ASGARD features members of such acts as MITHOTYN, FALCONER, THY PRIMORDIAL, INDUNGEON and DAWN.

KING OF ASGARD is:

Karl Beckman - Guitar, Vocals
Jonas Albrektsson - Bass
Karsten Larsson - Drums

For more information, visit www.kingofasgard.com.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Re: KING OF ASGARD Signs With METAL BLADE RECORDS
« Antwort #1 am: März 10, 2010, 06:30:27 Nachmittag »
Great news, Karl!  :bangersmiley:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: März 10, 2010, 07:00:44 Nachmittag »

Yeah awesome news :)
Congrats to you guys!

Karl

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Juli 29, 2010, 12:04:08 Nachmittag »

AngelOfMusic

• Gast

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Februar 01, 2011, 09:16:00 Nachmittag »
Well, it took me long enough but I finally bought the CD...actually downloaded it from iTunes because that's the only way I could get it...today!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Februar 04, 2011, 10:08:27 Vormittag »
Really Leslie?  I see the album in FYE every time I go.  :)