Autor Thema: The Falconer is awake from slumber  (Gelesen 4347 mal)

Prab

• Gast
The Falconer is awake from slumber
« am: Januar 28, 2013, 05:42:01 Nachmittag »
From the bands Facebook page:

"The Falconer is awake from slumber.

After the darkest year yet I am once again in writing mood, and what a mood! I guess somethig good really can come out of something bad after all. After rebooting musically from a year of creative vacuum there is a fresh hunger and optimism.

The 6 songs completed so far are harder and faster and with more of an attitude again, some of the songs sound like taken from the first album. After reading a book about deciphering and reading the language of runestones I really got some lyrical inspiration too!

I must say that it hasn't been this rewarding and promising for many years to write for a new album, without being carried away too far.The future plan is to concentrate on writing, re-writing and rehearsing for the new album, being sure it is as good as it can and not re-using too many patterns. All songs will be in english this time.

We are just to begin rehearsing once again after a 2 year break and I can't wait to put Mathias through some tests and find out the speed limit of Karsten.

Hails from Stefan and the falcons!!

Stefan / 28:th of January 2013"

:bangersmiley: :56: :bangersmiley:

tip

• Gast
Re: The Falconer is awake from slumber
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 28, 2013, 05:45:58 Nachmittag »
Yay, that's awesome news!! Almost makes me regret not beeing ony facebook (well, almost...  :icon_mrgreen: )

Can't wait to get some new material!!

Thanks Prab, this made my day! :)

Offline <Horus-Nikopol>

• Active Metalhead
    • http://www.club-mats.de
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 28, 2013, 06:29:56 Nachmittag »
Ha, I just saw that myself and came here to see if there was a thread yet.

Good to see you alive and kicking, Prab  8)

Here's to more metal magic!
"He Who was ressurrected to new life shall be as the sharp-eyed Falcon Who soars through the nightly welkin."
Pyramid Texts, Spell 488

Avricha

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 16, 2013, 09:33:22 Nachmittag »
Don't have a FB, but it happened that I stopped by here today to see if there were any news, and fuck yes indeed!
Made my day  :56:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Februar 22, 2013, 01:56:07 Nachmittag »
Hehe, great to see that people still check out these boards :)  :bangersmiley:

As soon I read news regarding Falconer I make sure that it's shared here at the boards ;) I know that we all yearn for news regarding "Stefan & The Falcons" (i bet THAT's what Falconer would have been called, if they were a 60s or 70s band XD)!

Can't wait to hear new songs!  :56:

Offline <Horus-Nikopol>

• Active Metalhead
    • http://www.club-mats.de
« Antwort #5 am: März 25, 2013, 10:18:14 Nachmittag »
I have to say I'm feeling a bit nostalgic about the good old Sceptre, Grime, and Northwind years when this forum was bustling with life and enthusiasm.

I hope some of that energy will be rekindled when the new album is out and we can welcome back some other old friends...
"He Who was ressurrected to new life shall be as the sharp-eyed Falcon Who soars through the nightly welkin."
Pyramid Texts, Spell 488

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: März 28, 2013, 09:13:46 Vormittag »
"Stefan & The Falcons" (i bet THAT's what Falconer would have been called, if they were a 60s or 70s band XD)!

They would have been called "Stefan & The Falconz" I think...many of the so called dance bands in Sweden at the time threw in a z or an x to make the name cool  :lachen:

tip

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Juli 24, 2013, 03:40:07 Nachmittag »
So it's been half a year since january...
Any news finally? I'd love to get some new material!  :bangersmiley:
How are things going Stefan?

Nyholm

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Juli 24, 2013, 07:39:47 Nachmittag »
I think I heard from somewhere that they will start to record at the end of this year, not too sure about it though..