Autor Thema: monthly check in guys and gals!!!!  (Gelesen 194908 mal)

kex

• Gast
Re: monthly check in guys and gals!!!!
« Antwort #555 am: Januar 22, 2009, 06:09:34 Nachmittag »
no I don't know who it is for, mostly relatives don't fit, and between the donation and getting infomation about the receiver there has to be a period of three month.
I have to stay there just for three days, but afterwards I have to stay home for about five days.

Offline Opa Steve

• Administrator
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #556 am: Januar 23, 2009, 09:07:08 Vormittag »
Haha, right - noone's belated so far, it's January 13th! So thanks for your condolences and everything else. ;)

Holy maccaroni! I forget it every year.... I have to write it in my calendar, but I'm such a birthday newbie..... can't even remind of birthdays in the family  :icon_rolleyes:

OK, my public congratulation and all best wishes .... afterwards....

Opa

Offline des

• Administrator
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #557 am: Januar 23, 2009, 09:19:35 Vormittag »
Holy maccaroni!
Opa

Holy maccaroni: that's a quote from the movie "grumpy old men", right?

Nat: sorry, bit late also: happy brithday from my side!
We missed the birthday party, but wouldn't it be time for a wedding?
The world is full of Kings and Queens. Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #558 am: Januar 25, 2009, 04:05:46 Nachmittag »
What the....? How do you know? There will most probably be a wedding this year...

Thanks again and thumbs up for you, kex!
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Offline des

• Administrator
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #559 am: Januar 25, 2009, 08:11:29 Nachmittag »
What the....? How do you know? There will most probably be a wedding this year...

...ahh, it was written in the Bild, i guess...

no, you wrote in the poll about your engagement, so - after engagement usually there follows a wedding
(i am sure you don't live according the proverb: 'verloben = absichern und weitersuchen' :) )
The world is full of Kings and Queens. Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.

kex

• Gast
« Antwort #560 am: Januar 30, 2009, 11:16:53 Vormittag »
after a week of waitung i called the DKMS to ask about the new donation-date for the one they gave me did'nt fit
if I had not called them, I would still be waiting until the substitutional donator would have got in contact with them - yes, after I said, that the date was not good, they searched for someone else - there is no problem with that, but some kind of information would be nice, because I've been organising things like, telling the school I'm to work in for five weeks, that I won't be there for about one week and my boyfriend has aked for vacation.
In some way I am a bit angry because e-mailing costs nothing, but one minute of writing - they know it since friday that ther is a substitute donator but don't dare to tell. Is organising things that difficult?

kex

• Gast
« Antwort #561 am: Februar 10, 2009, 12:02:44 Nachmittag »
and the movie goes on
I asked for a call, in case DKMS knows wether the substitute donator will give his marrow - for a week I heard nothing, so I diceded to cal again - goog thing that was, becaus, yes the other guy will donate, but they wanted to tell me when donation was over.
After explaining them, that I have to give information to the school I'm to work in my holidays and my tutor as well as to my parents and boyfriend, they seemed not to understand my situation. All they said was, there could be complications, save your time for us.
I'm not quite sure, if my english is enough to display how very disappointing all this is for me, because I'm not able to tell anybody now, what the hell my next three weeks will look like but saying "don't call me again" is not possible in this case.
So I told school now, that I might have a bone marrow donation, but will not be able to tell them when and how long I#ll be off school. DKMS should be very catious with things like that, because mainly students and pupils a registered - if all are treated like that, I'm sure, that not all of them will have patience.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #562 am: Februar 15, 2009, 03:01:28 Nachmittag »
Disturbing story, indeed, kex. :(

kex

• Gast
« Antwort #563 am: Februar 21, 2009, 12:46:02 Nachmittag »
yeha!
today is winterfire "festival"
okay more of a long concert but
it is in gießen
I am there
friends of mine too
juhu!

kex

• Gast
« Antwort #564 am: April 26, 2009, 11:05:57 Nachmittag »
sometimes live's quite unfair
my boyfriend isn't shure whether he fell in love with another girl, says he is for shure with me and doesn't know what to do. why for god's sake couldn't he have turned to his best friend or anybody else then me. to hell with trust, sometimes one doesn't need too much of it

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #565 am: Mai 01, 2009, 09:43:26 Vormittag »
It's a thin edge between too much and too little... :(

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #566 am: Mai 21, 2009, 12:34:12 Nachmittag »

Hey folks!
This time it's my turn to check in and tell a bit about what I'm up to.
I'm on my way to my first open air festival - as a performing artist ;)
Me and my band, Harmanic, will open the Summer Nights Festival (supposedly the biggest metal open air in Austria) on the 2nd Stage tomorrow (my birthday) at 11:35AM.
The problem is, that I'm the singer and my throat is sore and I feel kinda week :( I'm surpressing this cold/fever thing with medication and just want to deliver an awesome show tomorrow.  So please send me your positive thoughts and energy ;) I'll really appreciate it.

All the best to you all!
Greets from Vienna!
Yours
Prab

kex

• Gast
« Antwort #567 am: Mai 21, 2009, 11:29:49 Nachmittag »
I'm holding my thumbs, it's your birthday, everything will work out fine!

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #568 am: Mai 22, 2009, 01:06:58 Nachmittag »
Your performance will be rocking great! Happy birthday! :)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #569 am: Mai 23, 2009, 03:21:00 Nachmittag »

Well, I just returned back home after another 3 hour car drive. The festival lasts till tomorrow night. So what happened?

First of all, THANK YOU ALL for your well wishes! I really apreciate it :)

Second, no, Harmanic did not play live at the Summer Nights Open Air 2009. Why? Because they weren't prepared for extremely bad weather, with heavy rains and hurricane like wind (up to speeds of 130km/h). We arrived there on Thursday evening. While we raised our tents, the rain set in. Then during the night, the heavy wind joined the falling raind. Both stages, the mainstage and the 2nd stage were severly damaged, so the complete timetable of the first festival day was changed and every single band got rescheduled. They had to rebuild both stages completely. Four bands were completely canceled out, on of them was us, Harmanic. So, we were really upset, pissed of and most of all just plainly sad. There's no one to blame for the weather though...
We quickly decided to drown ourselves in booze, so no wonder that I still got a sore throat. We tried to enjoy the first festival day somehow. Kataklysm is an awesome live band! Today in the morning the sun was shining brightly, like on a perfect festival day. Again the disappointment set in and me and some other folks of our party decided to get our asses back to Vienna. So we just bailed. Couldn't pretend to be all happy and enjoying the festival. Well, everything happens for a reason right?
At least the promoters told us, we'll work something out together to make up for all of this. Maybe a fixed slot on next years festival. We'll see...
OH, and btw: FUCK FUCK FUUUUCK!  :icon_evil:  :icon_evil:  :icon_evil:
Sorry, I needed to get that out of my system. *sighs*