Autor Thema: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - CHAPTERS.......  (Gelesen 8670 mal)

Stefan W

• Gast
STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - CHAPTERS.......
« am: November 04, 2008, 12:06:12 Nachmittag »
CHAPTERS FROM A VALE FORLORN 8/10
Some of Falconer's strongest moments occur on this album while the more rocky side "Busted to the floor"
feels a bit out of place and "Enter the glade" is just far too happy.
Can't see why that one is so popular.
The same recepie as for the debut but done better and with our best ballad added.
There´s more thought behind this than the first CD, and it feels more mature.
Maybe not as fast or rough as the first album.
Most of the guitar solos is best just not to talk about.......
The album should have been a bit longer.

Fave songs: Clarion call, Portals of light, For life and liberty

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Re: STEFAN REVIEWING HIMSELF - CHAPTERS.......
« Antwort #1 am: November 04, 2008, 02:27:21 Nachmittag »
Good you gave it a higher score than the first album, I feel the same way...

Zitat
"Enter the glade" is just far too happy.
Can't see why that one is so popular.

Why did you put it out as the free track on your web page?? I don't think it's too happy, only maybe a little pop music alike...

Agrees on the ballad, portals of light is the best you've ever made!
And yes, the album should have been longer, En kungens man should have been on the album and busted to the floor the bonus track.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: November 05, 2008, 06:47:36 Vormittag »
You want to know why the album is so popular?  One song:  The Clarion Call.  :bangersmiley:  That song MAKES this album! :)

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: November 05, 2008, 10:47:11 Vormittag »
I was refering to the pop song "Enter the glade" being popular

RedFox742

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: November 05, 2008, 09:09:56 Nachmittag »
I do like Enter the Glade. The lyrics certainly aren't happy when you listen to what they mean (step into my web...), but certainly the sound is.

Why, though, Stefan, if you don't like it so much, is it on the front of the webpage? And in addition, since the song is about religious profiteers, it seems odd to invite us into your website with its chorus!  :D

I'm with everyone that Clarion Call totally makes the album, though. Let's make sure, the next time Falconer goes live, we have a video of it that doesn't feature a cold-riddled Mathias!!

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: November 06, 2008, 01:26:03 Nachmittag »
Noooooo, that version from Wcken will be the first official live video from Falconer.
Just to do the opposite to many other bands who re-record everything on the live album just because they play like turds.
We´re proud of not being able to sing or play, we´re just a pretty boyband.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: November 06, 2008, 01:30:04 Nachmittag »
we´re just a pretty boyband.

Hahaha, boyband maybe...

Storm

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: November 12, 2008, 04:40:57 Nachmittag »
Falconers best album so far. Atleast 9/10, maybe even a 10/10.

So much great about it. Maybe Busted to the floor and Stand in veneration isnät as great as the rest of the album.

Faves are:

Lament of a Minstrel, We sold our homesteads, Portals of Light and my all time Falconer fave-song: Clarion Call.

B.t.w. My girlfriend has decided that when the bury her one day she will have someone sing Portals of Light at the funeral.

Karumis

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: November 18, 2008, 04:49:34 Nachmittag »
Enter the glade may be too happy but it helped me when i had hard times living in UK :P The whole album was big antidepressant for me  :pleased:

anwynn

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: November 25, 2008, 10:27:25 Vormittag »
I agree with you : The Clarion Call and The Portal of Light.
I love to sing those songs...

Jophelerx

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Januar 04, 2009, 07:43:07 Nachmittag »
Hmm...I think 8/10 might be a bit high for this album.  I would probably say 7/10.  I agree on the fave songs, Stefan--Portals of Light is definitely the best song on the album, but, like many others, I would put Enter the Glade on that list.  The only complaints I have about the song are the fact that it is chorus-driven when the chorus is probably the weakest part of the song, and the fade-out at the end.  Otherwise, I think it's a really good song.  But Clarion Call and Portals of Light are better.  As a whole, I think the CD is about the same quality as the self-titled.  Good, perhaps even great, but not amazing.  Worst songs for me were probably Decadence of Dignity (vocals were completely mangled) and Busted to the Floor (just didn't like the melody very much).  Still, I'd say it's a lot better than most metal out there.  Definitely nothing to be ashamed of.  And the cover artwork is probably my favorite of any of the albums, by the way.

Chill02

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Januar 16, 2009, 11:29:37 Nachmittag »
Portals of Light is indeed a great ballad.

Falconer_Fan

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Februar 09, 2009, 12:07:05 Nachmittag »
No, no, no, no, no, no and no again. Mindtraveller was making the album so damn popular!!! :bangersmiley:
So... I just wanna say... I PREFER MINDTRAVELLER!!!

Vandroiy

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Februar 10, 2009, 06:27:49 Nachmittag »
No, no, no, no, no, no and no again. Mindtraveller was making the album so damn popular!!! :bangersmiley:
So... I just wanna say... I PREFER MINDTRAVELLER!!!

Mindtraveller isn't on this album.... :icon_rolleyes:

Falconer_Fan

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Februar 11, 2009, 08:42:01 Vormittag »
Yes... I got it... it just that... I never know which band Mindtraveller belonged to. Beacuse I downloaded all the Falconer albums and did'nt get Mindtraveller, but I copy all the bands to my brother and then HE got it.... weard...