Zombies > Falconer

"ARMOD" what do YOU think Falconites?

<< < (3/4) > >>

cynic73:
Haha, I hear you! My brain tends to do that to me too!  :icon_mrgreen:

smokedgouda:
I like Armod a lot.  It's a little less catchy and more complex than, say, Falconer/Northwind/Beggars.  I like the fact they stuck with Swedish and changed it up a little bit.  Even though I don't understand a thing they're saying it's still a little different than the English-only you see from every other band.

waxlrose:
After longer time of absence, greetings to everyone and congratulations to Stefan and the crew on their newest work. I'd say it's a lot more progressive sound & approach with less melodic power metal elements in general, and folk-Falconer-like freedom. It's obvious that Stefan wanted new expression, outside of the box in approaching to more rawer, Swedish medieval folk sound & influence and I respect that, I just hope that the next work will be progression of ABAT, debut, Clarion Call etc. not just Swedish medieval prog folk concept mainly. Overall my rate is 7/10, good luck and I hope you guys will appear live in front of your fans.

mt:
IMO, ARMOD is the best album so far (excepting maybe, only debut one).
It looks like in Armod band keeps getting rid of plain power metal (as it started in Among Beggars...) towards experiments. It's great!
Just-Another-one-power-metal-crap is no good. Falconer is extremely unique with melody, folk motives, hard Mithotyn-like riffs and of course the voice of Mattias. Just not to forget that unique debut album was an experiment itself (and very successful one).
Talking about mixing very melodic things and extreme metal, IMO the beginning of "Pale light of silver moon" and the blast beats in Griftefrid are great and may be considered as a successful starting point of future experiments.
I also liked some organ music inside the album.
Guys, please keep up with folk and Mithotyn influence!
Armod is really very-very good!

The only thing as great as Armod, IMO is debut Wintersun album. It really shown that extreme hard riffs could be even more powerful when mixed with folk.
I hope Falconer band will notice these points and keep experimenting in their extremely melodic and powerful way.

AngelOfMusic:
I got the album on my birthday.  It's fucking awesome. :)  A friend of mine who was in the car when the boyfriend and I played the album said "Jimmy can fucking play."  :D

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln