Autor Thema: Schnappi?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  (Gelesen 6808 mal)

The Metal RN

• Gast
Schnappi?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
« am: April 16, 2005, 02:53:31 Nachmittag »
I just heard about this yesterday, any of you crazy Europeans care to explain this? :wink: hahahahahaha

http://top40-charts.com/songs/full.php?sid=12517&sort=chartid

http://www.schnappi.dl.am/

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: April 16, 2005, 03:44:19 Nachmittag »
Once more, something we're not really proud of ;)

The name of the girl singing this song is Joy. I believe she's 7 or 8 years old. About a year ago, she wanted to have a song of her own and therefore asked her aunt, who is a songwriter and owns a record studio, to write her one - "Schnappi" was born. The song was downloadable for free for more than one year when suddenly some radio station became aware of it and started to play it from time to time... and soon (almost) everyone did. Joy has been to our edition of "Top of the Pops" and other chart shows and given a number of interviews already. It seems like she's a pretty normal, sweet little girl, but this song is probably the hottest candidate for the "menace award 2005" should there ever be one...

Meanwhile, there's been a lot of fun made of it, including various faked cover versions, meaning someone took the song and made it sound like another musician or band played it -> downloadable from your second link for example ;)

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: April 16, 2005, 03:51:52 Nachmittag »
Don't forget to mention that Joy claimed to have a knack for Rammstein in a recent interview.
:)

Greetz,

Tex

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: April 16, 2005, 03:56:58 Nachmittag »
Luckily, I wasn't forced to see or hear anything from her for a few weeks already ;)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #4 am: April 18, 2005, 10:08:14 Vormittag »
I only heard that stuff on the store radio at Saturn (electronics supermarket) over here - sheesh, I thought they should have chosen someone able to really sing. But okay, this explains some things, thanks AoP.  :roll:
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: April 18, 2005, 12:01:45 Nachmittag »
I think this song was even on the first place in our charts here in Austria.
I don't get it.

This is one of the reasons I don't listen to the radio and watch TV.

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: April 24, 2005, 09:42:47 Nachmittag »
.. Hmh... Well. What can I say, all the great music comes from Germany, eh?
 The good thing here is that I don't feel at all embarassed about The Rasmus or HIM anymore  8)  :lol:

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Mai 05, 2005, 12:57:17 Vormittag »
o nooooooo not Schnappi again,  :roll:  :P

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Mai 05, 2005, 06:24:08 Vormittag »
That song is the worst shit I've ever heard. I fucki'n hate it. :evil:

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Mai 05, 2005, 09:40:23 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Virvatuli"

The good thing here is that I don't feel at all embarassed about The Rasmus or HIM anymore  8)  :lol:

Hm. I wouldn't feel embarassed about HIM either. Just because so many 12-year-old chicks like them doesn't make them a shitty band. But THE RASMUS? They *are* a shitty band. They're plain simply a commercial air balloon and are likely not to stand the test of time.

Zitat von: "K. Beckman"

True, absolutely true. I guess we're even the lucky ones after all as long as we're not travelling around the world. Because while it already disappeared from our TVs and radios, it's likely to played in other countries ;)

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Mai 05, 2005, 10:12:29 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AoP"
Zitat von: "Virvatuli"

Hm. I wouldn't feel embarassed about HIM either. Just because so many 12-year-old chicks like them doesn't make them a shitty band. But THE RASMUS? They *are* a shitty band. They're plain simply a commercial air balloon and are likely not to stand the test of time.

Well Rasmus has been around for years... I think they started up 1998 or something, not sure.
But anyways, HIM and Rasmus have quite a similar history, and they both at least started playing music for the right reason - playing music.

And I did like HIM when I was younger, but their new songs are just bad and more close to pop/rock than metal, imo. :)

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Mai 05, 2005, 01:34:14 Nachmittag »

Ok lol, i didnt want to say it with those words.

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Mai 05, 2005, 02:55:51 Nachmittag »
Why not? It sure sound like shit. :wink:

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Mai 13, 2005, 12:39:51 Vormittag »
lol yeah ok you are right  :wink: i wanna kill that Croc :evil:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Mai 13, 2005, 06:51:48 Vormittag »
That song is the worst shit I've ever heard. I fucki'n hate it.
Why not? It sure sound like shit. :wink:

Hey Karl, is there a possible chance that you'll do a cover version of this song with your fellow infernals?  :D
That'd be crazy shit :D