Autor Thema: So, with things starting to move forward again...  (Gelesen 4513 mal)

Radagast

• Gast
So, with things starting to move forward again...
« am: Januar 17, 2006, 06:31:36 Nachmittag »
...what with the new news report about the band hiiting the studio again, and all, it seems like the perfect time to ask if Mathias is more open to touring now than his first period in the band? Is anything different this time around to the way tours can be organised?

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 17, 2006, 06:59:21 Nachmittag »
That situation is like it was before he left.

So touring is very doubtful, occassional festivals will be the only live activity.
Just as it was before.

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 17, 2006, 07:10:05 Nachmittag »
:( Ah well, such is life.

Sweden Rock '06! I'm going over to vote for Falconer right_now.

Edit: And done! Everyone else, get moving: http://www.swedenrock.com/index.cfm?pageID=77

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 17, 2006, 07:57:35 Nachmittag »
Hm, I just typed in Falconer and then - rock'n'roll. ;-)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Januar 17, 2006, 11:45:25 Nachmittag »
I'm sad about the "no touring" thing. :(  Ah well, price we fans pay for having Matthias back, I guess.

Stefan, can the fans bribe Matthias in any way?  Like, maybe with baked goods?  I'll bake cookies!  Yummy, delicious cooooookies...

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Januar 18, 2006, 12:08:41 Vormittag »
I really don't know if Mathias is much of a big star in Sweden. But let me say this: It wasn't only Falconer's decision that they wanted Mathias back. It was also HIS decision that he wanted to join them again. So where does that put him (again)? In a position, where he has probably many theater goers in Sweden that want to see him live - but on the other hand, he has thousands of metalheads worldwide who want to see a great band perform live, as well. Am I the only one who feels that it is at least the tiniest bit unfair that the Swedish theater audience (no offense) is that much more important than all the Falconer fans in the world? I mean, if he makes this wonderful decision that he wants to sing in Falconer again, shouldn't he spare some thoughts on all the fans who buy the albums with his singing?

I don't mean to sound angry or nothing, but I get a little sad when I imagine that I might only be able to see Falconer live say every two years or so. I don't mean to talk bad about Mathias, and then, how could I, I don't know him personally. It's just that this whole thing bothers me a bit.  :?

Any thoughts on this?

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Januar 18, 2006, 01:01:00 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "<Horus-Nikopol>"
I really don't know if Mathias is much of a big star in Sweden. But let me say this: It wasn't only Falconer's decision that they wanted Mathias back. It was also HIS decision that he wanted to join them again. So where does that put him (again)? In a position, where he has probably many theater goers in Sweden that want to see him live - but on the other hand, he has thousands of metalheads worldwide who want to see a great band perform live, as well. Am I the only one who feels that it is at least the tiniest bit unfair that the Swedish theater audience (no offense) is that much more important than all the Falconer fans in the world? I mean, if he makes this wonderful decision that he wants to sing in Falconer again, shouldn't he spare some thoughts on all the fans who buy the albums with his singing?

I don't mean to sound angry or nothing, but I get a little sad when I imagine that I might only be able to see Falconer live say every two years or so. I don't mean to talk bad about Mathias, and then, how could I, I don't know him personally. It's just that this whole thing bothers me a bit.  :?

Any thoughts on this?

Having Mathias back is the best, even if they would never perform again. In my view he is THE vocalist for Falconer and if that means, we won't be able to hear them live, so be it!

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Januar 18, 2006, 11:43:04 Vormittag »
I think what we have to consider with Mathias (and I'm speculating here, so someone can jump in to correct me any time) is that his stage work will be his means of income. To drop everything to do a tour would not only mean a temporary loss of income (which is probably the case for most members of a band the size of Falconer anyway), but also perhaps hinder his chances of getting more parts in the future.

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Januar 18, 2006, 12:00:59 Nachmittag »
Couldn´t have said it better myself.

We´re not into this to make money, but certainly not to lose it either.
Especially when other parts makes money on our expence.

But as I said before, there will be occassional shows in the future so see it like this:
You might look forward more to those things that seldomly happen.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Januar 18, 2006, 01:25:14 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Stefan W"
Couldn´t have said it better myself.

We´re not into this to make money, but certainly not to lose it either.
Especially when other parts makes money on our expence.

But as I said before, there will be occassional shows in the future so see it like this:
You might look forward more to those things that seldomly happen.

ok... we'll see you on wacken!  :wink:

texassyhf

• Gast
TEXAS HOLDEM !!! BONUS 500$ !!!
« Antwort #10 am: Februar 17, 2006, 08:55:14 Vormittag »
TEXAS HOLDEM !!!

CLICK TEXAS HOLDEM