Autor Thema: -strong sentences-  (Gelesen 4960 mal)

Forsaken

• Gast
-strong sentences-
« am: Oktober 22, 2005, 12:59:47 Vormittag »
(ok im realy bored, and its the only site and ppl that maybe will accept my madness..

if you all want me to stop so all youv got to do is to say..)

u need to write strong\cool sentences that you heard before... something that you remember..

i hope that you understand me...  :roll:

ok here it goes:

- It's always funny until someone gets hurt and then it's just hilarious!

-You are successful the moment you start moving toward a worthwhile good

-Without music, life is a journey through a desert

-For everything you have missed, you have gained something else; and for everything you gain, you lose something

-Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated

-But in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes

-Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless

-Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature . . . life is either a daring adventure or nothing

-We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about

-No one can make you feel inferior without your consent

-Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile

-Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you would rather have talked

:)

Soulcollector

• Gast
-strong sentences-
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 23, 2005, 10:07:11 Nachmittag »
"You couldn't fool anyone on the foolingest day of your life if you had an electrified fooling machine." [Homer Simpson]

dorian jane

• Gast
-strong sentences-
« Antwort #2 am: November 02, 2005, 02:13:10 Vormittag »
"Humanity,you've never had it from the beginning.."
Charles Bukowski

"After such knowledge,what forgiveness?"
T.S.Eliot

"Who is this man that dares alone to deny the soul of Hellas..?"
Friedrich Nietzsche

"No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the Dawn"
Jim Morisson

"Wherever I travel, Hellas wounds me.."
Georgios Seferis

"You never know to whom you're talking"
Bertolt Brecht

..and a really "strong" poem  :wink:

Just because you're naked
doesn't mean you're sexy
Just because you're cynical
doesn't mean you're cool
You may tell the greatest lies
and wear a brilliant disguise
But you can't escape the eyes
Of the one who sees right through you

In the end what will prevail
Is your passion not your tale
For love is the Holly Grail
Even in Cognito

So better listen to me sister
And pay close attention , mister:
It's very good to play the game,
Amuse the gods,avoid the pain,
But don't trust fortune,don't trust fame,
Your real self doesn't know your name
And in that we're all the same;
We're all incognito.
Tom Robbins

Souleraser

• Gast
-strong sentences-
« Antwort #3 am: November 02, 2005, 06:57:13 Nachmittag »
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.
-- Winston D. Churchill

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
-- Gen. George S. Patton

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

When we say "War is over if you want it," we mean that if everyone demanded peace instead of another TV set, we'd have peace.
-- John Lennon

If you want to make a bad day worse, just long for the impossible.
-- Calvin & Hobbes

The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope. Because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too.
-- Sarah Connor, T2: Judgement day

>> We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean.
<< It's in your nature to destroy yourselves...
-- John Connor & The Terminator, T2: Judgement Day

Now, children, come on over here. I'm going to tell you a bedtime story. Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin. Once upon a time, there lived a magnificent race of animals that dominated the world through age after age. They ran, they swam, and they fought and they flew, until suddenly, quite recently, they disappeared. Nature just gave up and started again. We weren't even apes then. We were just these smart little rodents hiding in the rocks. And when we go, nature will start over. With the bees, probably. Nature knows when to give up, David.
-- Steven Falken, Wargames

>> It is not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything
>> On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
>> We are all part of the same compost heap.
>> You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

-- Tyler Durden, Fight Club

>> You think I'm a loser? Because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, and a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every day when I wake up in the morning, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep. So I get up. I have my watered-down Tang and my still-frozen Pop Tart. I get in my car with no gas, no upholstery, and six more payments. I fight honking traffic just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes onto the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I wanted to. I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman. And I'll never know the joy of driving through the city without a bag over my head. But I'm not a loser. Because, despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what they wanted to be, is out there, being what we don't want to be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I didn't put a gun in my mouth years ago - that little fact makes me a winner, baby.
-- Al Bundy, "Married with Children"

Just to mention a few.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
-strong sentences-
« Antwort #4 am: November 02, 2005, 08:26:45 Nachmittag »
You don't have to be anti-man to be pro-woman.
~Jane Galvin Lewis

Without music life would be a mistake.
~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Don't forget you're no one without someone's helping hand.
~Helloween

You can't possibly hear the last movement of Beethoven's Seventh and go slow.
~Oscar Levant, explaining his way out of a speeding ticket

Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes.  There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.
~Henry Kissinger

I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is:  I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.
~Rebecca West, 1913

The foolish and cruel notion that a wife is to obey her husband has sent more women to the grave than to the courts for a divorce.
~Lemuel K. Washburn, Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays, 1911

Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised.  There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too.
~Will Rogers

My advice to the women's clubs of America is to raise more hell and fewer dahlias.
~James McNeill Whistler

The hypothalamus is one of the most important parts of the brain, involved in many kinds of motivation, among other functions.  The hypothalamus controls the "Four F's": fighting, fleeing, feeding, and mating.
~Unknown psychology professor

dorian jane

• Gast
-strong sentences-
« Antwort #5 am: November 04, 2005, 03:14:07 Vormittag »
I seem to know a lot of people .I keep meeting them and they introduce me to their friends who introduce me to OTHER people.If you laid all the people i know end to end some of them would be extremely embarassed! I'm not going to name any names to save space,slings and arrows etc.. but i want to tell you:

THERE ARE ONLY TWO KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD:THE KIND THAT PICK YOU UP WHEN YOU'RE DOWN AND THE KIND THAT PUT YOU DOWN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

To everyone all over the world that ever picked me (or even a leg or arm) up.
I'm always (although not always visibly) grateful and ready to do the same in return.
As for the other kind: It's not working,is it? AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
Eat your hearts out!!
To everyone i ever loved - I love you - you bastards!!!!

Lemmy