Autor Thema: Kriss says: Cheers and Goodbye!  (Gelesen 25477 mal)

K. Beckman

• Gast
Kriss says: Cheers and Goodbye!
« Antwort #15 am: November 18, 2005, 01:08:51 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Anonymous"
Indeed Mathias is back once again. But how will it be with live gigs and stuff? Was'nt that the reason why Mathias left the band?

Oupps, that was me. Forgot to log in.
Any way.. Good luck with your other projekts Kriss. To bad it ends like this. Maby some guest vocals on the next Falconer album? :)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #16 am: November 18, 2005, 01:16:38 Nachmittag »
So it's confirmed. And I actually see this with one eye crying and one looking forward to what's coming up. Sorry for Kriss, but I hope we will still see you around, no need for bad vibes, eh? :)

Furthermore I hope Mathias will find his way back and further into Metal music and his schedules will allow some touring..? I'm curious. Can't wait, once again, haha...
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: November 18, 2005, 01:56:29 Nachmittag »
A fond farewell to you Kriss. I wish you all the best for the future.

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: November 18, 2005, 02:00:23 Nachmittag »
Horus, Isis and Osiris!
This is all going way too fast for me to comprehend!
And I have to say I have extremely mixed feelings about this.

One last word to Kriss:
Man, when you made the replacement for Mathias, I thought that might be the end of Falconer, but your singing totally convinced me, and over time you became the face and the voice of Falconer to me. I never would have thought I would be sad the moment Mathias is announced back to the band, but having seen you live only last month, having talked to you, wearing your fucking filthy shirt - I can't believe it's over just like this. I had a really good feeling about the band up til now, but it seems appearances can be deceptive. Man, thank you for all the effort you put in the band, thanks for the great night at Giebelstadt, thanks for rocking our collective asses! It's a pity I shall not see you again. I wish you all the best out there, and I'm certain you will make it. You will forever be remembered!

Well, Farewell wherever you fare!

The Guy with the Eaglehead  :|

Remember the past and bear it inside.
Witness the end of the deceiving ride.

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: November 18, 2005, 02:01:15 Nachmittag »
And where the hell did you guys get this mysterious "newsflash"??? This better not be a hoax!  :?

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #20 am: November 18, 2005, 02:03:53 Nachmittag »
Official FALCONER website, then Bleeding 4 Metal, then Blabbermouth and meanwhile the label sent out a press release as well. :)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Bot Of Metal

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: November 18, 2005, 02:29:07 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "<Horus-Nikopol>"
And where the hell did you guys get this mysterious "newsflash"??? This better not be a hoax!  :?

http://www.falconermusic.com     (popup)  :wink:

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: November 18, 2005, 03:16:23 Nachmittag »
Oh I get it. My popup blocker didn't want me to see it at first  :roll:

So it has come to be. The guys are completely going back to their original ways. And Mathias is back!!! Unbelievable! I never would have guessed that this might ever happen. I used to think that the band's desire to tour a lot and especially the change of music on Grime would never allow such an unexpected move. Didn't Stefan say at one point that there was no chance for even guest vocals?

This is one weird feeling I'm having about this. I for one had completely given up all hope of Mathias ever coming back + I had settled with Kriss completely, since the band used to give the impression that everything was going fine and they had already announced that the next album would be back to the roots. Kriss himself told me that! And since I knew from Sceptre as well as a few songs on Grime, he could have handled the clear singing.
Now I'm wondering what exactly happened.

I have always guessed that the massive change in the music was for a great deal due to Kriss' new influence. Was he reluctant to go back to the old sound and got fired because of that?
Did Metal Blade "force" the band to get Mathias back on board for fear of losing a big part of the fandom that wants the classical Falconer sound back? Kriss told me that they were having some pressure from the label about the development of the band.

Other issues:
After he left the band, Mathias still did some guest vocals on Sceptre, and the dialogues between Kriss and Mathias are some of the best parts on that album. Is there any chance this might happen the other way around? Kriss doing guest vocals?

Does this mean that we don't get to see the Emotional Skies video after all?

The guys were going to get working on album No.5 in February, if I recall correctly. Now with another vocalist change, will that timeframe still be achieved?

Now I must admit it will take me some time to get over the fact that Kriss just got kicked all of a sudden. Even though with his participation Falconer very much strayed from what had made them unique, he made some fantastic metal with them, and I for one will miss him.

But on the very bright side: We will all finally get more of what made us crazy about Falconer in the first place: great powerful epic metal hymns equipped with the voice of a god: Mathias is back, and although it feels weird to see Kriss going so unexpectedly, I am sure it is going to bring Falconer back to their erstwhile glory - and I will admit that I think they lost a lot of it especially on the last album.

I can fully understand how Stefan and the others might feel cynical about "having to sail with the wind" again. I would agree that some of the critics were a bit unfair with the band. Every artist should be allowed to experiment a bit and listen to their own inner muse when working on new stuff. Personally, I also would have been happy with a compromise between old and new style.
But then, I cannot deny that I will me most pleased when they are back to their old ways. It will stop the band from losing part of their musical identity and uniqueness.
And the return of Mathias is the best if not the only way to deliver what the fans' hearts have been yearning for:
A new album forged more in the pits of the Lord of the Blacksmiths, and not so much in the sinister alleys of Jack the Ripper...

To cut a long story short:
Losing Kriss is a sad thing.

But getting Mathias back along with the original style is probably the greatest christmas present in the history of metal!

I am thrilled to see how things will develop from here on.
And I would greatly appreciate if revered Falconer Stefan could comment on some of the major points?

With optimistic greetings,

The Dude with the Bird Head!  :twisted:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: November 18, 2005, 05:51:02 Nachmittag »
ok... wait a second... everyone... wait wait.... FUCKING WAIT!

i just came home from work... a bit tired, happy about the weekend, i'm meeting some friends today evening....
wanted to check what's up at the Falconer camp....

then i jumped into the screen with eyes WIDE OPEN, stuttering and with a fucking large lump in my throat that wouldn't go away, no matter how hard i swallowed!

this is ....

brutal and awesome

this makes me...

cry heavy tears of sadness and sing along with the choirs of joy

this is a mixture of feeling that i need to digest before i can write ANYTHING reasonable!

glad that Birdie did write some great thoughts and opinions right before me! i would agree to a lot of what he said.

right now i need a cold shower or some good drink!
this is news indeed! and WHAT news!

Kriss, I'm fucking sad that I didn't manage to see you live :(
I wish you all the luck and all the best for your future life and for whatever you do musically! You will be definitely be remembered forever man!

Till later people...

Dr. Anonymus

• Gast
Bullshit!
« Antwort #24 am: November 18, 2005, 06:14:26 Nachmittag »
I like Mathias and his voice.
But that's not the way to handle a friend! " ...So we thank Kristoffer for the years in the band, it´s been a great time we allways will cherish and we assure you all that this has nothing to do with personal matters.
We which all the best for Kriss in the future.
This kind of thing is about the worst things you can do to a bandmate if you´re all friends but in the end...
" Blablabla...
" ...this is not a sand box, it´s a band... ". Yes, but it's Metal - not only business. :x

Welcome back Mat.
And all the best for you Kriss!! See ya! :wink:

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: November 18, 2005, 06:16:27 Nachmittag »
Matthias...back...band...singing...falconer...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!   OH MY GOD!  MATTHIAS IS REALLY FSCKING BACK???

I LOVE YOU ALL.  

Kris, PLEASE keep doing metal!  I definitely don't want to see such vocals as yours dissappear.   There really have been more than enough losses to the metal world.

K. Beckman

• Gast
Re: Bullshit!
« Antwort #26 am: November 18, 2005, 07:51:42 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Dr. Anonymus"
I like Mathias and his voice.
But that's not the way to handle a friend! " ...So we thank Kristoffer for the years in the band, it´s been a great time we allways will cherish and we assure you all that this has nothing to do with personal matters.
We which all the best for Kriss in the future.
This kind of thing is about the worst things you can do to a bandmate if you´re all friends but in the end...
" Blablabla...
" ...this is not a sand box, it´s a band... ". Yes, but it's Metal - not only business. :x

Welcome back Mat.
And all the best for you Kriss!! See ya! :wink:

You got a point there.

Bot Of Metal

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: November 18, 2005, 11:33:01 Nachmittag »
I really don't think it's up to us who aren't in the band to decide whether they've treated Kriss in a good or a bad way. We don't know jack shit about how they've been discussing the matter, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy as long as the remaining people in the band are happy with what they're doing. Because that's what creating music (and everything in life) is all about, isn't it? The only way do make something great is to do it the way you like it.

I hope the energy in the band will be stronger than ever in the future, and that Mathias finds his way back in the role as a lead singer.

And I really hope that Kriss will continue as a metal singer somewhere. I really wish you all the best, mate.

PS
I can really say my heart is leaping with joy by the fact that Mathias is back. The spirit, the soul and the sound of the first two albums is what makes tick. As I said before, it's two of the best albums I've ever heard. This is exactly like you said, Horus-Nikopol: this is definately the best christmas present in the history of metal. Ever.
Thank you guys. Good luck with your new ideas and songs!
DS

The Great Deceiver

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: November 19, 2005, 12:57:32 Vormittag »
I'm in awe here. What the hell happened Stefan? Were you really that concerned about what a group of self proclaimed metal experts and a few worthless online critics said about the last album? Kristoffer was a great guy and anyone with any sort of musical understanding and competent ears could see how well he got the feel of the band on GvG. His vocals were awesome all over that record and I finally felt he had become a part of the band. And now you just throw him out dressed in kind words? Yeah, Blad was a huge part of the first two Falconer albums, but this just isn't right. It seems to me the band now is concerned with pleasing the fans of old Falconer and I can't agree with this. Make music the way you want to, as I could tell you all did on GvG. Sure the new album will be a change back to the old days, but how authentic will it be? How true will the feel of the music be? I have full faith in your songwriting abilities Stefan, and you're a huge influence on my guitar and writing, but to do something like this just to appease a bunch of cry babies who can't accept change makes me real fucking concerned...

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: November 19, 2005, 01:27:28 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "<Horus-Nikopol>"
Oh I get it. My popup blocker didn't want me to see it at first  :roll:

LOL  -- had the same problem at first!