Autor Thema: Kriss says: Cheers and Goodbye!  (Gelesen 25447 mal)

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Kriss says: Cheers and Goodbye!
« Antwort #30 am: November 19, 2005, 02:48:13 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "The Great Deceiver"
It seems to me the band now is concerned with pleasing the fans of old Falconer and I can't agree with this. Make music the way you want to[...]

It appears, from what I've read that this is what the band wants, so you just don't agree? A lot of people didn't agree, when they replaced their singer the last time, but it worked out anyway. Times are a changing, accept it!

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: November 19, 2005, 02:58:48 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "jakob_hasse"
Times are a changing, accept it!

Although I understand where The Great Deceiver is coming from (because I have mixed feelings too), what you said is the only thing that matters. What's left is just wait to see how all this develops. Only time will tell if the music lacks genuinity or not.

Bot Of Metal

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: November 19, 2005, 08:54:36 Vormittag »
It seems to me the band now is concerned with pleasing the fans of old Falconer and I can't agree with this. Make music the way you want to[...]

It appears, from what I've read that this is what the band wants, so you just don't agree? A lot of people didn't agree, when they replaced their singer the last time, but it worked out anyway. Times are a changing, accept it!

Exactly.

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: November 19, 2005, 10:25:23 Vormittag »
At last, I got myself an account that works.
Greetings everyone!

The news about Mathias is great! I just hope that all of you guys in Falconer finds harmony in what you are doing, that you think it's great to go back to the more folkish style, and that there are no hard feelings beetween you and Kristofer (who's presence I will miss, although I like Mathias voice and the old Falconer's style more).

May the force be with you all!

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: November 19, 2005, 03:51:42 Nachmittag »
I think the band themselves realise that this is a most unkind way to treat Kriss. There has to be a certain ruthlessness involved in making music.

From a purley musical point of view I have to think this is good news. Without any disrespect to Kriss, I prefer Mathias' vocals in Falconer. This is not to say I dislike what Kriss did with the band - quite the opposite, in fact.

However, this is a cruel way to treat Kriss, and I am sure he leaves with the best wishes of all the fans - a cruel thing that couldn't have happened to a nicer person. Good luck in all you do, Kriss - I will look on any future projects of yours with great interest.

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: November 19, 2005, 06:01:42 Nachmittag »
Again, I totally agree with you, Radagast. You have very mature and good thoughts about this matter.

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: November 19, 2005, 10:24:01 Nachmittag »
I'm quite suprised about these News...

First of all i want to thank Kristoffer for two good Metal-Albums!
But i have to admit, that i also prefer the old Songs with Mathias.

I really hope that this decision is not only based on commercial thinking.
More i hope that the next album will reach my (now even higher) expectations.

BRING IT ON!!!  :D

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: November 19, 2005, 10:39:25 Nachmittag »

Thanks for proving my point. This is what the band (Stefan and Karsten, obviously not Kriss) want because people couldn't accept change. Unlike most of the whiny babies out there, I did because I knew Falconer was the music first and the vocals second. Sure I was pissed that such a unique vocalist was no longer a part of the band, but BWBK proved me wrong. The original change was made because of circumstances which were really out of the band's control, Blad couldn't tour and wanted to focus on his theater stuff. But now the changes occur only because of the negative feedback from fanboys of old material. So don't tell me to accept it, I've accepted it better than most and will surely do it again. But it doesn't make this whole situtaion right...

Friend of old

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: November 19, 2005, 10:46:50 Nachmittag »
Praised be the Lord. As i read the news, i could hardly believe that Mathias Blad is back. I mean, i had almost forgotten, that this Band is still existing, cause i had no more hope for future albums.  For me, it would have been absolutly ok, if Falconer never would have given anymore shows, but kept on going giving us albums with the voice of Mathias Blad. Would have been hard i know, but i have to say that i'm affected by the kindo unlucky show in Pratteln (CH) whitch i saw years ago (where Kriss voice failed and the other Bandleaders had to sing the refrains!).
Now finaly, the 2. thing that made the magic of the first two albums returns (the first is Stephans amazing guitar-work). ! Music can be judged by many logical things and critics, but the best detractor stays the body. If an album doesn't toach me and don't make me move and feel the sound, than it's worthless. So i was realy disapoited, after giving the 3. album a fair chance, as it passed me without any reaction. This certain thing was missed. So to speak, wellcome back Mr. Blad. Let there be wonders again

Thanks, a music fan

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: November 19, 2005, 11:56:19 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Anonymous"

Thanks for proving my point. This is what the band (Stefan and Karsten, obviously not Kriss) want because people couldn't accept change.

I think you're wrong about their motive.

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: November 20, 2005, 09:01:40 Vormittag »
I think most of you are wrong about their motive.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #41 am: November 20, 2005, 12:52:50 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Black Knight"

There's no reason what so ever to believe anything else than what Stefan has stated quite clearly on the webpage.

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: November 20, 2005, 01:22:05 Nachmittag »
Maybe, maybe not. I think the reasons doesn't really matter, actually. If they'll make the next record with Mathias, I won't disagree. I just hope they do it with 100% joy.

The Great Deceiver

• Gast
« Antwort #43 am: November 20, 2005, 07:05:45 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Black Knight"

There's no reason what so ever to believe anything else than what Stefan has stated quite clearly on the webpage.

Yeah, exactly. I'm gettin kind of sick arguing about this because unless anyone one of us are actually in the band we don't know for sure the motives. However, just like you said Stefan has made statements here about this situation and statements previously about the reactions to GvG. Based on this, and this alone, is why I've been saying what I've said. If you can't see the obvious drive to make this change you're blind and that's not my fault. I really hope I'm wrong...

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: November 20, 2005, 09:43:51 Nachmittag »
I understand what you are saying. My point is (as I said before): Whatever reasons there may lay behind the lineup change, regardless of how much we (who are not in the band)know about the details and all, I think that if they've decided to go this way - I support them. I don't want to argue about if we know every detail or about a possibility that there is something that we don't know about this deal. I just wish Falconer all luck and creativity in their new/old lineup!