Autor Thema: Does anyone else think there should be a fan-art thread?  (Gelesen 21588 mal)

Vonn

• Gast
Does anyone else think there should be a fan-art thread?
« Antwort #60 am: Juni 16, 2006, 08:51:28 Nachmittag »
Actualy I can't... my save feauture doesn't like to work

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #61 am: Juni 16, 2006, 11:38:29 Nachmittag »
:(  Well, maybe I'll fiddle with things and see how the current design looks.  It's still snazzy. :)

EDIT:
Okay, I updated the Myspace using your design.  If you're able to create and save a bigger one, please let me know. :)

And if anyone wants to see what the new layout looks like: www.myspace.com/falconermusic  I still think it lacks something. :\   If anyone has any ideas, let me know.  Bear in mind, my HTML knowledge isn't all that in-depth (as you can see on-site, I cheated and used a Myspace editor. ;)) but if it's possible, I'll try to get it done.

Vonn, if you'd like to be credited for the image, let me know HOW you'd like to be credited (eg, name + contact info, or just name, or internet username...whatever.)

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #62 am: Juni 17, 2006, 12:52:49 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
If anyone has any ideas, let me know.  Bear in mind, my HTML knowledge isn't all that in-depth (as you can see on-site, I cheated and used a Myspace editor. ;)) but if it's possible, I'll try to get it done.

The page looks much better without the logo in the background. Once that image loads, the whole look is cluttered, as the logo appears as intrusive.

Also, try a slightly better use of contrast. The text should be a notch lighter than it is right now. Other than that it looks good (considering it's myspace :P).

Keep in mind that many times going for a simpler, minimalistic design is better, especially nowadays with websites that are more concerned with being a graphics / animation / sound showcase.

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #63 am: Juni 17, 2006, 02:28:38 Vormittag »
I agree with you totally, Mindtraveller!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #64 am: Juni 17, 2006, 08:15:02 Vormittag »
Text is lighter now.  Might mess with the opacity of the tables (like where the text is) so the background isn't quite so obtrusive, but still visible.  Later though.  Like, when it's not 1:15AM. ;)

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #65 am: Juni 17, 2006, 09:31:11 Vormittag »
I find the picure in the backgound to be extremely intrusive, too. Blue on blue is rather difficult to read - I find the overall design to be not very friendly to the user's eyes. Instead of having the logo in the background where it constantly harms the reading process, why not have a big logo just on top of the site so that one does not have to see it all the time. I mean it sure is a great logo, but one does not need to rub that in the reader's face.  :wink:

Blue is a good way to go because of the whole "Northwind" idea that I hope will really be established in the next album's layout and the website too, which needs to get rid of the GvG style - not that it looks bad, but for me it symbolizes a development stage of the band that is now over.

Why not add some nuances of gray to make it more northwind-like? There is definity some contrast lacking at the moment. Makes me blue.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #66 am: Juni 17, 2006, 06:52:27 Nachmittag »
Tch! You people are so demanding!  :lol:  Hee, kidding!

Yeah, I thought blue was good because it doesn't clash with the colors in the current band picture, and since we don't know what the Nonrthwind album art looks like, I figured it was as good as anything.

I will fiddle with it more.  You have to bear in mind that me + html + technology =  :evil:  I try to make it look nice and not all "AUGH! MY EYES!" but beyond that, the odds of anything fancy happening are almost nil.  :oops:

I'd also like to try and add band pictures (like you see on the site when you go to click on the band members for their bio pages) in the table to the left that says "current members."  That shouldn't be too difficult.  That much I know how to do fairly well. ;)

Vonn

• Gast
« Antwort #67 am: Juni 18, 2006, 10:21:17 Nachmittag »
It's looking great! One suggestion I have is the link color to be more visable. But looking great, and it's Falconer so it's better then every other myspace page. :D

And actualy I would like to be on there somewhere as the image creator.

Name : Vonn
Contact info : vonn_dude@hotmail.com

Thanks for putting it up there :P

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #68 am: Juni 19, 2006, 08:07:01 Vormittag »
I can't make the opacity work!  *cry*