Autor Thema: A very BIG thank you to Stefan and the band  (Gelesen 10054 mal)

Pendragon

• Gast
some thoughts
« Antwort #15 am: November 21, 2005, 04:47:42 Nachmittag »
@The Great Deceiver:  
Hi fellow metallan! What is wrong with pleasing the fans? I guess what you mean is that pleasing the fans should not be done for every price, and I can agree to that. I really hope the decision to take Mathias back was not only done because it was forced by the label or something. That would be wrong and probably also not lead to a good future for the band as such.
BUT:
A music band that gives nothing for the views and wishes of their fans in my book is not worth beiing supported by them. If the band does not care if the people like the music, why tour or publish at all?

@Horus:
I am happy for you that you enjoyed the NOP in Giebelstadt and from your many posts you really seem a cool guy. Therefore I wont try to argue about Kriss's performance and quality. Different people have a different taste, I guess. At least there are a few others here that share my views.
Me, I will surely surely shed no tears for Kristoffer.

So lets all hope that Mathias will again do a great job on the next album, that the chemistry works out right and that Falconer will be able to tour a lot with him.
I hope somebody from the band will soon shed some more light on their future plans and the details: will Mathias be available fulltime for Falconer now? (cross your fingers)

Regards,
Pendragon

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
A very BIG thank you to Stefan and the band
« Antwort #16 am: November 21, 2005, 05:38:13 Nachmittag »
Pendragon wrote:
Zitat
@The Great Deceiver:
Hi fellow metallan! What is wrong with pleasing the fans? I guess what you mean is that pleasing the fans should not be done for every price, and I can agree to that. I really hope the decision to take Mathias back was not only done because it was forced by the label or something. That would be wrong and probably also not lead to a good future for the band as such.
BUT:
A music band that gives nothing for the views and wishes of their fans in my book is not worth beiing supported by them. If the band does not care if the people like the music, why tour or publish at all?

Why don't we all just agree that as a musician, you should listen to yourself AND the fans if you want to satisfy your own ambitions and yet pay recognition to your loyal fans? Which, of course is not always easy, and with two opposed major opinions on the fans' side you're bound to piss off a few people no matter which way you go.

Zitat
@Horus:
I am happy for you that you enjoyed the NOP in Giebelstadt and from your many posts you really seem a cool guy. Therefore I wont try to argue about Kriss's performance and quality. Different people have a different taste, I guess. At least there are a few others here that share my views.
Me, I will surely surely shed no tears for Kristoffer.

Gee, thanks. Let me return that compliment! 8)
But please, if you have anything to say about that, be it positive or negative, as far as I'm concerned that's cool .That's the point of having a discussion board, eh?

I like to mention that night because it was very crucial for my opionion about Kriss. I loved the show, and had a really cool chat with him and the others afterwards where he struck me as one very nice fellow. Gave out beer to the fans, answered all the questions, gave me his own Falconer shirt after I told him I would have wanted to buy one of the new shirts. (The bus with the merchandise had somehow stranded in Frankfurt or something) - so that was basically the night that made me think: Alright, music is gonna change back, Kriss is obviously a great guy, so I ended up feeling really good about the future of the band. Maybe that's helpful as to why I shed some tears for Kriss, even though the better singer (no doubt about that) is back.

Thanks for listening!

With Egyptian greetings,

The Bloke with the Falcon Head

Pendragon

• Gast
Oh well
« Antwort #17 am: November 23, 2005, 11:31:29 Vormittag »
Hi Horus,

thanks for the details about the NOP. I can understand now why you came to like Kristoffer. For my part. I just could not enjoy listening to him singing those dear Falconer song I came to love so much. It just does not fit for me.  So maybe he really is a nice and firendly guy. If that is so, I am sure he will find another band there his way is a better match to the music.

BTW: Did you really like Immortal? Interesting pictures and visuals, but otherwise?

May the scarab bless you,
Pendragon

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
A very BIG thank you to Stefan and the band
« Antwort #18 am: November 23, 2005, 11:02:18 Nachmittag »
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Immortal!
I think I can guess why you don't seem to like it that much. I think a little background story might be of use here:

The movie is loosely based on the "Alexander Nikopol" trilogy, constituted of three comic books by French star artist Enki Bilal (who fled there with his parents from Yoguslavia as a child). He is really big in France, since the whole comic scene is not that much of an "underground" genre as in Germany. It's a topic of public interest.

Immortal evokes many images from blockbusters such as Stargate, Blade Runner and Fifth Element. Even though the comics date back to the seventies and eighties and are far more likely to have inspired those movies instead of vice versa.
Important to say: If you're expecting to see a hollywood blockbuster movie, you're bound to be disappointed by this movie.
If you have read the comic books, you know what to expect and to appreciate the artistic approach of the movie. It's more of a modern fairy tale, a bizarre and disturbing universe that does not want to apply to any standards of American moviemaking. It sure is a very weird film, and at first it is always difficult to find your way into Bilal`s world. I for one am a huge fan of the dark and bizarre - and yet somewhat romantic - world that he brings to life in his work, and I was totally excited when I learned that the Nikopol trilogy was going to be brought alive on the big screen.
It certainly is a very unique way of telling a story, and I am sure not everyone will like the film or the comics. It's very weird, very special and does not compare to anything else.

Anyway, I'm a big fan!

And the dialogues between Nikopol and Horus are just hilarious and so wonderfully dry:

Nikopol: "Fuck you, Horus!"

Horus: "Right. But let's fuck her again, first."

texassyhf

• Gast
TEXAS HOLDEM !!! BONUS 500$ !!!
« Antwort #19 am: Februar 17, 2006, 08:54:36 Vormittag »
TEXAS HOLDEM !!!

CLICK TEXAS HOLDEM