Autor Thema: So I got this idea with Mithotyn  (Gelesen 7839 mal)

MelancholyVGS311

• Gast
So I got this idea with Mithotyn
« am: Januar 31, 2006, 01:50:52 Vormittag »
....after looking for them on MySpace.  I made a page without thinking to ask if it was cool with the guys... so I messaged Falconer and asked if it was cool with them.  He sent me here to ask if it was OK to make a Mithotyn page.  I see the Falconer page was created by a fan.... I hope it's OK that I made a Mithotyn page.. hopefully?  

I'd be glad to delete it if it's a bad idea.

Link:

http://www.myspace.com/mithotyn

If it is cool, I'd love some advice on making it better.  I put some generic bio info on it that I thought was pretty common knowledge.. and tried to find some pictures and stuff.

:)
-Ray

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 31, 2006, 06:07:08 Vormittag »
I say go for it.  :twisted: If you wounder about anyhting, just ask.

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 31, 2006, 12:19:12 Nachmittag »
Cool!! I have not known too much about this band but have heard many things about them/you guys from variuos posts here. They have been hard to get cds since I became aware. I will add and hopefully learn! Thanks dude!

MelancholyVGS311

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 31, 2006, 03:14:59 Nachmittag »
Awesome, thanks!

If anything is not accurate I'll be glad to change it.  

:)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Januar 31, 2006, 09:19:09 Nachmittag »
I have one Mithotyn album and I adore it - King of the Distant Forest.

Anonymous

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Februar 01, 2006, 01:27:39 Vormittag »
Great tunes.. but to my ears, the vocalist sounds as if he's got a lot of phlegm backed up in his throat & he's trying to remedy it by gargling shards of glass. And I can't decipher ONE word he "sings". Sorry mate, but not my cup o' tea... though the music would sound AWESOME if  Stefan re-recorded/re-mixed the songs with Matthias' golden pipes!  :D

rin

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Februar 04, 2006, 04:49:41 Vormittag »
out of curiosity, how does one say 'mithotyn'? i never did figure that one out..... :oops:

MelancholyVGS311

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Februar 04, 2006, 10:19:09 Nachmittag »
I always assumed it was:   Mi  Tho Tin

hmmm.  Americanized pronunciation perhaps, I dunno.

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Februar 04, 2006, 10:57:16 Nachmittag »
As we in the band prenounced it was with the "th" spoken as in the word "brothel",
Apart from that you´ve got it right.

Nightmares Desire

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Februar 07, 2006, 10:55:41 Nachmittag »
SWEET i got it right! (that was me up there asking)

Thrinduil

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: März 12, 2006, 07:44:33 Nachmittag »
I agree with Guest, the music is really great, but the vocalist.. well, I've heard better.

Great band anyway, too bad you can't have both Falconer and Mithotyn at the same time :p

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: März 12, 2006, 11:38:31 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Thrinduil"
I agree with Guest, the music is really great, but the vocalist.. well, I've heard better.

Great band anyway, too bad you can't have both Falconer and Mithotyn at the same time :p

The vocalist is in my opinion one the really great things about mithotyn. Especially on the 2nd album, he sounds brutal and extreme, as you I would imagine a viking going berzerk. He is great at the high screams and fits mithotyn perfectly, I think.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: März 13, 2006, 09:30:57 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "jakob_hasse"
The vocalist is in my opinion one the really great things about mithotyn. Especially on the 2nd album, he sounds brutal and extreme, as you I would imagine a viking going berzerk. He is great at the high screams and fits mithotyn perfectly, I think.

Martinsson was indeed really good, but on the first album only, the vocals came across pretty natural then. It's true,  on King of the Distant Forest they are quite intense, but at the same time sound very strained and as if they were 'overprocessed'. On Gathered Around the Oaken Table they didn't feel strained any longer, but part of the 'overprocessed' feeling was still present.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: März 14, 2006, 12:43:14 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Mindtraveller"

Martinsson was indeed really good, but on the first album only, the vocals came across pretty natural then. It's true,  on King of the Distant Forest they are quite intense, but at the same time sound very strained and as if they were 'overprocessed'. On Gathered Around the Oaken Table they didn't feel strained any longer, but part of the 'overprocessed' feeling was still present.

Does he ever growl low in king of the distant forest, I can't remember...??

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: März 14, 2006, 05:49:41 Vormittag »
Does he ever growl low in king of the distant forest, I can't remember...?? 

If I recall correctly, no. Perhaps only in "Ragnarok", but that's the Japan (and limited ed. digipak) bonus.