Autor Thema: Nightwish is publically looking for a new singer  (Gelesen 13065 mal)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Nightwish is publically looking for a new singer
« am: März 17, 2006, 10:41:39 Nachmittag »
if you check out www.nightwish.com there is an open invitation for any woman to send in a CD with 2 or 3 songs on it.  This is kind of an open audition, I guess.  

So I'm going to do it.  I'm going to find a place to record, and my voice instructor and I will record me singing, then I'll send it in.  

I don't think I'll even get past the first wave, but I am still going to go for it.  Nothing lost, nothing gained, right?

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: März 18, 2006, 09:31:18 Vormittag »
Go for it. If you feel like trying but for some reason would not, you're likely to regret it someday. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: März 18, 2006, 09:41:31 Vormittag »
Yeah go for it! :)...( I'm still not going to do the same with Finntroll.. ;))

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #3 am: März 18, 2006, 10:15:49 Vormittag »
Yeah, nice! And if you make it to the "finals" - will you move over to Virvatuli?  :D
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: März 18, 2006, 10:48:58 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"
Yeah, nice! And if you make it to the "finals" - will you move over to Virvatuli?  :D

Yeah I wouldn't mind  :lol:

gargantouas

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: März 18, 2006, 12:04:36 Nachmittag »
Oh well good luck with this...of course you have nothing to loose but only gain from this so good luck once more  :wink:

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: März 18, 2006, 03:41:20 Nachmittag »
Good luck!
(If you make it, we dearly expect free tickets for the shows, you know.)
;)

Greetz,

Tex

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: März 18, 2006, 06:36:13 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"

LOL well I probably would need a place to live... :D

Someone told me that if I want to increase my chances, at least one of the songs should be a Disney Ballad.  (Because Tuomas Holopainen is Disney-obsessed.)  I've decided on something Disney for my third song...I'm not sure what, though.  Again, the liklihood of the boys in NW hearing the CD is like...nil, but at least I'll have something some samples of my voice available in case any other bands are looking for a singer.   :lol:

It' kind of feels like the Finnish version of Rockstar INXS, though.  As long as they don't turn it into a reality show...:P

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: März 18, 2006, 06:54:29 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

Someone told me that if I want to increase my chances,

Or you could sing in Finnish ;)

It' kind of feels like the Finnish version of Rockstar INXS, though.  As long as they don't turn it into a reality show...:P

Dunno the show you mentiones. But I do know that at least Amorphis was offered the chance to make a reality show "finding a new singer to amorphis" and I'm pretty sure that Nightwish too was offered something equivalent.

What a wonder they didn't take the offer  :roll:

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: März 18, 2006, 08:26:23 Nachmittag »
This is really cool! Go for it, as stated you have nothing to lose, but an opportunity!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: März 20, 2006, 09:21:35 Vormittag »
I'm not going to do a Finnish song simply because I do not speak the language.  

When auditioning for a play or a musical, it is suggested that the auditionee NOT read from the script using an accent (even if the character has one) unless he/she can do the accent flawlessly.

I am applying this principle to auditioning for an established metal band - since I don't know the language, I'd rather have three good songs in english, than butcher one in Finnish.  That wouldn't do anyone any favors.  I don't want to make them want to stab pencils into their ears, after all.  :P

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: März 20, 2006, 10:47:52 Vormittag »
I'm not going to do a Finnish song simply because I do not speak the language.  

When auditioning for a play or a musical, it is suggested that the auditionee NOT read from the script using an accent (even if the character has one) unless he/she can do the accent flawlessly.

I am applying this principle to auditioning for an established metal band - since I don't know the language, I'd rather have three good songs in english, than butcher one in Finnish.  That wouldn't do anyone any favors.  I don't want to make them want to stab pencils into their ears, after all.  :P

Hey they don't lack humour either ;)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: März 20, 2006, 05:03:58 Nachmittag »
Hey AoM, go for it!
As you say, you can still use those songs as samples for other band auditions.
But in case you do get the chance at Nightwish... wow... I mean just imagine guys :) Our Angel of Music becoming the Angel of Nightwish! What a thought :D
You're first fanbase is a guarantee ;)

Good luck!!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: März 20, 2006, 07:50:19 Nachmittag »
Yeah, I've already had people tell me "It'd be so cool to see you on the cover of a metal magazine!!!"  And similar things.

And I'm still not convinced I'll even get past the first wave.  Some of the other people who sent in stuff have posted their stuff at the NW boards and a few of them are REALLY good.  I'm honestly not sure how good I am, or who I could possibly compare myself to.  One person who has heard me sing thought I sounded like Simone Simmons of Epica, but I don't hear any similarities.  So I don't know...Heck, if I get past the first wave and even end up being considered, I'll be amazed! :)

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: März 20, 2006, 07:58:03 Nachmittag »
Yeah, I've already had people tell me "It'd be so cool to see you on the cover of a metal magazine!!!"  And similar things.

Now I'm really interested to hear you sing :) Cause who knows who'll be the next lady to dominate the boys ;)