Autor Thema: First post on the new Falconer board...  (Gelesen 56004 mal)

grym

• Gast
First post on the new Falconer board...
« Antwort #60 am: Oktober 01, 2004, 10:38:53 Vormittag »
Yay! More delicious power metal, that's my favourite metal genre along with folk/viking  :D

I'll look up all of those, and i'll post any rare PM bands that i find  :cheers:  :bluebanger:

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #61 am: Oktober 01, 2004, 12:06:09 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "<Horus-Nikopol>"
I guess the new Falconer forum won´t be quite complete without the newbie who hasn´t been around for a while  :oops:         so sorry!!

Well, your little Hor-Nick is back and can maintain that he hasn´t just been sitting around not caring for the metal world... nooo, Ive been doing research. My search for more great power metal continues. And Ive found some nice stuff.
BATTLELORE: fantastic. love it. new album: awesome
BLIND GUARDIAN: i got myself the tales from the twilight world disc i believe tex suggested to me (thanks! i sure like it. but personally i think nightfall in middle-earth is way better)
FALKENBACH: a little monotone, yet basically very sound. good tunes.
DOOMSWORD: bought the current album Let Battle Commence. Gotta listen to it couplea times to get into the thing, but then it kicks ass.
This only in case anyone is still interested in your metal trainee's progress!
Any comments on this or further suggestions?

And I understand our favorite band has found themselves a new guitar player? Thats what I call good news man! Cant wait for the new album!
I certainly support the idea of Stefan putting some sound samples on the web!

Kay, so much for the hi im back posting.
Hopefully we can fill the new forum just like the old one. Keep on forging, dudes!

Horus-N.

I'm telling you dude, LOST HORIZON, get their first album, Awakening The World, if you can - true Power Metal majesty.

On that subject, I saw DragonForce in Glasgow last night :shock: Now that, my friends, is what I call  :metal:

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #62 am: Oktober 01, 2004, 04:30:59 Nachmittag »
You saw DF live?  You lucky &#%@er.  :P   I wish they'd tour the US.

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #63 am: Oktober 01, 2004, 04:43:27 Nachmittag »
Thanks, Metal RN!
Yea the avatar is from the movie Immortal ad vitam; it is based on the Nikopol comic trilogy upon which my nickname is based.
After months of waiting I have finally been able to download it in a rather small amount of time and its so very awesome... if you like dudes with falcon heads, that is  :banger2:

Where did you download it from?  I would like to as well as I know some indidviduals who would be very interested in watching it....... :wink:  :wink:

I can also second the recommendation for Lost Horizon. Have you heard of Freedom Call? They are in the same vein of music, and not too bad. Axenstar is very good as well, their vocal harmonies/quality are excellent!!!!

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #64 am: Oktober 01, 2004, 04:53:12 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Radagast"

On that subject, I saw DragonForce in Glasgow last night :shock: Now that, my friends, is what I call  :metal:

Are you a big Rhapsody fan as well? I have not heard any of teh new ablum, have you?  I quite enjoy this style of music! :bluebanger:

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #65 am: Oktober 01, 2004, 05:46:50 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"

Have you heard of Freedom Call? They are in the same vein of music, and not too bad. Axenstar is very good as well, their vocal harmonies/quality are excellent!!!!

Please don't mention Axenstar and Freedom Call in the same paragraph. Axenstar are cool, Freedom Call aren't.
FC make some kind of Happy Metal that is only bearable live (and quite good then) but makes me throw up when I listen to it on CD.

Axenstar sound great live and from CD, but should freshen up their show a bit.

Greetz,

Tex

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #66 am: Oktober 01, 2004, 06:44:33 Nachmittag »
Tex- I guess I have to agree with you on both fronts there, I can only listen to FC for so long but I must admit, I do listen to them when I do not want anything deep, just listen to the melodies mostly. I find that I do not pay attention to the lyrics unless I try to, maybe that was why!  I was given a copy of an album of theirs, i am not even sure which one!

Axenstar we saw at SwedenRock, breifly, because we were watching someone else at the time, I think Sonata, but we picked up the album at the show., Perpetual Twilight. How does that one compare to the one you reveiwed at Bleeding?

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #67 am: Oktober 01, 2004, 07:04:26 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"

Axenstar we saw at SwedenRock, breifly, because we were watching someone else at the time, I think Sonata, but we picked up the album at the show., Perpetual Twilight. How does that one compare to the one you reveiwed at Bleeding?

I'm not sure, simply because I only have "Far from heaven" right now. "Perpetual twilight " is still on my shopping list.

Greetz,

Tex

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #68 am: Oktober 01, 2004, 09:33:05 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "grym"
Yay! More delicious power metal, that's my favourite metal genre along with folk/viking  :D

I'll look up all of those, and i'll post any rare PM bands that i find  :cheers:  :bluebanger:

By all means : DO THAT !!!

:D

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #69 am: Oktober 02, 2004, 12:55:42 Vormittag »
"Far from Heaven" is in my humble opinion better than "Perpetual Twilight". The sound and the arrangements rock more.

This month, on the 25th I'm going to the Nightwish gig here in Vienna, and Sonata Arctica will be supporting Tarja and the boys! :)
I guess that's gonna rock!

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #70 am: Oktober 02, 2004, 02:49:40 Vormittag »
Thank you - Im doing the best I can!

Oh and tell your son Horus says thanks for the link to his tattoos!

He says  you're welcome!  :lol:

Metal

• Gast
« Antwort #71 am: Oktober 02, 2004, 12:14:52 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Radagast"

Hehe they are awesome live!
Have seen them twice and spoke to the guys then  8)
They are really nice  :D

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #72 am: Oktober 02, 2004, 01:03:45 Nachmittag »
Gee so many replies in no time
What should I say... so many bands, so much to PURCHASE!
If you wanna spare yourself the trouble of gaining the movie in whatever way we do not want to glorify here - wait for the DVD. It is already out in France but I dare not buy it there cuz as I know the French, they probably didn´t even put the english audio on it (even though the film was done in english). thats just an assumption, but I will not take the risk. Hopefully a German DVD will be released soon.

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #73 am: Oktober 02, 2004, 01:20:48 Nachmittag »

If you wanna spare yourself the trouble, wait for the DVD. It is already out in France but I dare not buy it there cuz as I know the French, they probably didn´t even put the english audio on it (even though the film was done in english). thats just an assumption, but I will not take the risk. Hopefully a German DVD will be released soon.

You are misinformed. French DVDs usually come with the original language and a French dubbing. With some movies, the French editions are the best you can get: Crying Freeman for example. No US DVD, all European versions are in 4:3, the German version has mandatory subtitles when the original language is chosen. Only the French DVD is in 16:9 and does not force subtitles on you.

Oh, please delete the filesharing howto, ok. We are not condoning piracy here!

Greetz,

Tex

grym

• Gast
« Antwort #74 am: Oktober 02, 2004, 02:07:12 Nachmittag »
I use soulseek (p2p) as a sort of "try before you buy". Don't get me wrong, i still buy music, but this way i find out HEAPS more bands than i would otherwise, and i know what to expect when buying a CD.