Autor Thema: Tourism on Bleeding4Metal - Pt.4: Belgium  (Gelesen 18462 mal)

shadowman

• Gast
Tourism on Bleeding4Metal - Pt.4: Belgium
« Antwort #30 am: November 15, 2004, 10:15:48 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "evilshell"
Crazy people (it seemed like everyone I ever wrote to in the 80s from Belgium was nuts)
Bad drivers (they are always on the road here, between the French highway and the German autobahn they have to cut across my main driving route and they drive me nuts)
One of my favorite artists (Magritte)
the pissing boy statue that I spent 45 minutes trying to find - and had been right around the corner from when I started walking around trying to find him
Fantastic cherry beer
Really cool street art  (bags of water with religious statues underneath)
 []

crazy people ? I think we are pretty average concerning 'crazyness'... Couldn't it have been you who were a bit of in the 80's ?? :lol2:

Bad drivers ? I thought those were the French... I'd rather say the Belgians should be good drivers considering the fact that we have the most dense network of roads and highways in the world !  Cars, cars  and more cars on every god forsaken road in this country !

About the pissing boy, I really wonder why every foreigner comes to look for the little guy. Ok, he is old but so are about 153.896 far more interesting things in Belgium  :roll:
Besides, everyone who have found the statue was disappointed by its size and location. He is located on a lost alley somewhere in Brussels and can't be more than 1 meter in height.
So forget about this guy, no big deal... Wanna see a guy taking a leak go to a rock concert !

Cherry beer, right on ! We brew beer with every kind of fruit you can imagine but when it comes to fruit beer you can't beat cherry and peaches... Beware, not every cherry beer is a good as the other. Before making a purchase, don't hesitate to call on Shadowman expertise... 8)

Street art ? We have become quite famous throughout the last few years for that... Many fascinating new street festivals have seen the light in the last decade. Mind you, many of the artists you may see may come from outside the country...

evilshell

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: November 15, 2004, 10:33:15 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
Zitat von: "evilshell"
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"

What's that???

This is the "mascot"  for Graspop Metal Meeting  in Dessel, Belgium. Silly little guy (??) but a kick ass festival or so I've heard.

Ooops, now I'm embarassed. I should have known that !!!   :oops:

evilshell

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: November 15, 2004, 10:46:50 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"
[crazy people ? I think we are pretty average concerning 'crazyness'... Couldn't it have been you who were a bit of in the 80's ?? :lol2:

Bad drivers ? I thought those were the French... I'd rather say the Belgians should be good drivers considering the fact that we have the most dense network of roads and highways in the world !  Cars, cars  and more cars on every god forsaken road in this country !

About the pissing boy, I really wonder why every foreigner comes to look for the little guy. Ok, he is old but so are about 153.896 far more interesting things in Belgium  :roll:
Besides, everyone who have found the statue was disappointed by its size and location. He is located on a lost alley somewhere in Brussels and can't be more than 1 meter in height.
So forget about this guy, no big deal... Wanna see a guy taking a leak go to a rock concert !

Cherry beer, right on ! We brew beer with every kind of fruit you can imagine but when it comes to fruit beer you can't beat cherry and peaches... Beware, not every cherry beer is a good as the other. Before making a purchase, don't hesitate to call on Shadowman expertise... 8)

I will most definitely consult you the next time I want to buy cherry beer (and I'm thinking about it in advance!)   :cheers:

The statue was rather disappointing - but I also expected it to be! I just became so determined to find it.....I'm stubborn like that sometimes.  For those who don't know how disappointing it is, here's a photo I took of it:

As for adults pissing, just go to Amsterdam, they have those open toilets on the streets so you can see guys pissing 24/7.

Hm, maybe these were French who moved to Belgium! The French are definitely the worst drivers around here - them and the Swiss when they're on the German Autobahn ("oh yay, no speed limit, outta my way assholes"....gah....I really hate those drivers. They're like kids in a candy store).

The ex's band wrote a song called "What a Chaos" about the weird Belgians who used to write to us.....while I was extremely strange back then (and still am, and proud of it!), they were definitely more odd : :lol2:

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: November 16, 2004, 10:55:15 Vormittag »

A few more replies, let us start off with our Finnish girl...
Bad chocolate ? BAD CHOCOLATE ??  :x  I do hope this is meant in the sarcastic way here ??!! oh well, it could have been worse : you could have put : chocolate and bad shadowman ... :wink:

No it isn't in any way sarcastic  :oops:  Just my opinion because I've tasted the finnish chocolate, which beats them all :P
Atleast my friend, who went to Belgium, said it was hot .. though it was summertime... and we had rain.

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: November 17, 2004, 02:34:26 Nachmittag »
Ok, he is old but so are about 153.896 far more interesting things in Belgium  

OK! Can you list them?  :lol2:

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: November 17, 2004, 11:18:18 Nachmittag »
Sure !! Got a minute ?

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: November 21, 2004, 10:29:35 Vormittag »
had a belgium style waffle with eggs and bacon the other day.. mmmMMMmmmm waffles!

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: November 21, 2004, 08:13:36 Nachmittag »
if i think Belgium i think:

Beer!
my neighbours
manneke pies
Vogeltjesmarkt in Antwerpen (birdmarket)
The zoo in antwerpen
Vlaamse Frieten met mayonaise (Friet with mayo!)
respect

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: November 22, 2004, 10:13:14 Nachmittag »
Now how come everyone thinks of beer while thinking of Belgium ?
And they should by all means !
No nation worldwide beats the quality of Belgian Beer !!!

And Mas, could you clarify what you mean by 'respect' ?

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: November 22, 2004, 10:32:21 Nachmittag »
Belgium beer is de best beer you can get!

And about "Respect" i mean this:

Belgium people are talking with respect to other people. One of the things i realy like is the U word and not the Je or Jou word.

Its also true that if you go to a pub or shop that the people who work there are very very kind and nice and respectfull to other people.
I think we can learn of the belgium people.

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: November 22, 2004, 11:07:46 Nachmittag »
And believe it or not : I do NOT pay this woman to say this stuff !!

:mrgreen:

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #41 am: November 23, 2004, 12:45:19 Vormittag »
No nation worldwide beats the quality of Belgian Beer !!!

I still prefer Guinness or Murphy's.
:)

Greetz,

Tex

shadowman

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: November 23, 2004, 08:11:48 Nachmittag »
Give me one afternoon to make you change your mind !!

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #43 am: November 23, 2004, 08:23:18 Nachmittag »
I prefer:

Mas

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: November 23, 2004, 08:26:54 Nachmittag »

Thats my favorite beer here.!  :beer: