Autor Thema: The "post your photos" thread!  (Gelesen 226633 mal)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Re: The "post your photos" thread!
« Antwort #915 am: April 26, 2009, 11:21:15 Nachmittag »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  *head explodes*

I'm just glad you're not my boyfriend.  When Al cut his hair I spent weeks in mourning.  Now it's growing back and I am pleased.

All the same...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  *world explodes*

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #916 am: April 27, 2009, 04:39:13 Nachmittag »

SHOCK!

I'm joining Virva and Angel in their shock and mourning!

What has happend to the golden fleece that was once your magnificent hair, oh Odin, allfather of everything that is trve and metal?!  :frown: :frown: :frown:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #917 am: Mai 01, 2009, 09:08:49 Vormittag »
Well, it fell. It was old, thin and broken. I had those thoughts in the past already, but was too frightened of this step. Now I decided it was time to be brave, made "metal does not depend on long hair" my mantra and fixed a date at a real coffeur. It was really hard, but it came out very good for me. Still looking for bearable pics to post... stay tuned. ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #918 am: Mai 05, 2009, 10:33:10 Nachmittag »
Alright, hold on to your seats - short haired guy plus German culture and history (momument of Goethe and Schiller in Weimar). ;)

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #919 am: Mai 05, 2009, 10:59:54 Nachmittag »
Oh no oh no oh no! I'm so sorry, but you just look like some grossly cute anime character! Please grow your hair back - quick :D

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #920 am: Mai 06, 2009, 08:15:57 Vormittag »
It's...it's....that shaggy in-between phase!  ARGH!  Urge to take a razor to it...rising...

Odin, you're still adoreable, as always, but that mid-length hair is one of my pet-peeves - on ANY man.  Lots of the pretentious Northsiders in Chicago have similar hair styles.  I think one of the hated Jonas Brothers has your hair style too.  When Al was re-growing his hair after he cut it, it was in that goofy shaggy phase for awhile too.  It made me sad. :(

Please Allfather, cut it shorter or make it grow out super-fast!  You don't look bad, it just drives me crazy. ;)

Offline des

• Administrator
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #921 am: Mai 06, 2009, 11:13:55 Vormittag »
Alright, hold on to your seats - short haired guy plus German culture and history (momument of Goethe and Schiller in Weimar). ;)

Odin, the shorter hair makes you look minimum 10 years younger ;)

I went through the same process about 10 years ago. More for practical reasons: spliced hairs (and actually my girl also preferred the shorter ones); short hair is easier to maintain. But it was also a concession to the job (yeah, I hear a lot of people cry out now).

I don't miss the long hair - only on concerts, headbanging with short hair looks a bit embarrassing  :icon_cool:
« Letzte Änderung: Mai 11, 2009, 11:47:58 Vormittag von des »
The world is full of Kings and Queens. Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #922 am: Mai 09, 2009, 04:14:02 Nachmittag »
Well, 10 years younger was my own thought as well. Common feedback - not everyone goes up to 10 years, but a couple of years in any case. ;)

And except for my mother (!) and the girls here, everybody likes it. But most important: I do like it as well. ;)

Practical reasons I did have, too, of course: damaged/spliced, job, ... yeah, the usual stuff.

kex

• Gast
« Antwort #923 am: Mai 09, 2009, 07:03:06 Nachmittag »
But for shure you don't want to have it at emo-length forever, do you?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #924 am: Mai 11, 2009, 05:52:22 Vormittag »
Odin, I feel you on the problem with split ends.  I have very fine hair (it looks like you do, too) so mine breaks very easy.  I have never been able to grow my hair much past my shoulders because it always breaks.  I can saturate my hair with conditioner, but it's so fine that all the conditioner in the world doesn't prevent the ends from drying up and breaking off.  It is very frustrating, as I've always wanted epic long hair to windmill about at concerts.  Like Simone Simmons from Epica.  But alas, it is not to be.

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #925 am: Mai 11, 2009, 11:30:43 Vormittag »
Long epic hair, where? ;)

My hair isn't in that wonderful condition either, the last 5 cents should be cut off and I think it's impossible to have a long hair that's in perfect condition anyhows... But I'm just too fond of it :)

So no reason there for cutting it off! At least not that much :(

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #926 am: Mai 11, 2009, 05:58:23 Nachmittag »
I know two girls that have epic long hair, and it would STILL be epic and long, even if they cut off one foot of it (where the split ends are.)  One girl's hair is down to her thighs, and the other girl's hair is at least to her waist.  But then, they also have thicker hair than I do.

I just want it long enough to cover my boobs (if I so wished to conceal them with it, anyway).  Is that so much to ask? :(

kex

• Gast
« Antwort #927 am: Mai 12, 2009, 09:27:38 Vormittag »
I know two girls that have epic long hair, and it would STILL be epic and long, even if they cut off one foot of it (where the split ends are.)  One girl's hair is down to her thighs, and the other girl's hair is at least to her waist.  But then, they also have thicker hair than I do.

I just want it long enough to cover my boobs (if I so wished to conceal them with it, anyway).  Is that so much to ask? :(
I fear so, I've got quite the same Problem, it would never Grow beyound my shoulder, horrible that is - and quitde unfair, concering all men with thick hair not growing it...

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #928 am: Juli 05, 2009, 05:23:38 Nachmittag »
Photos. We got new shirts! Official advertising and offering coming soon. :)

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #929 am: Juli 05, 2009, 08:56:54 Nachmittag »
hmh, that's pretty cool... but I only have one problem with the shirt.... it's mainly red :D