Autor Thema: Eurovision Song Contest 2006  (Gelesen 12895 mal)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Eurovision Song Contest 2006
« am: Mai 19, 2006, 08:46:51 Vormittag »
Hey, I would have thought I'd find a bunch of posts about this topic this morning!? LORDI made it to the final!! WAKE UP!! Finland is in the final round with LORDI!!!

Last night the semi final took place in Athens. I think 24 (?) countries had to go through this event, the larger and more important acts (like Germany of course ;) ) didn't have to qualify. 10 acts of last night were voted to pass to the final - and there were "I vote for LORDI"-parties all over Germany at least. I, too, voted for them, but from home. Although the backing vocals sounded pretty crappy... they probably don't play with such crystal clear sound very often that everybody can hear every instrument and voice - that was a shocker to me, how cross the backings were sung. But well, it worked out anyway! :D

We will be watching the final tomorrow night - and vote for LORDI of course! Go Finland, go!!  :lol:
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Mai 19, 2006, 09:17:45 Vormittag »
I'm still in doubt, should I or should I not be happy about this. After all, they do play metal.. But they are still ridiculous imo xD I guess I'm glad. But I won't vote! AND I watched hockey instead last night ;)
*not a Lordi fan*

Offline Kruemel

• B4M Crew
  • Active Metalhead
  • Augen zu und durch
« Antwort #2 am: Mai 19, 2006, 06:02:09 Nachmittag »
It doesn't really matter if I like LORDI or not... I think the most important thing about this all is, that  a Heavy Metal (or Hardrock?) band managed it, to  invade this whole "Eurovision Song Contest" crap!!!

Last week or the week before I saw a short interview with the singer of LORDI in the german afternoon TV. There he said that they only did it, to attract attention... and if it is with the "help" of the ESC -> why not?! Now they can be asure of the sympathy of the metalworld - no matter if  someone really likes their music :metal:
I always bleeeeeed for metal

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Mai 20, 2006, 05:48:08 Nachmittag »
Now you have the chance to make a difference.   VOTE LORDI

"Finlands sak är vår!"

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #4 am: Mai 20, 2006, 05:50:00 Nachmittag »
I VOTE FOR LORDI - TONIGHT!  :twisted:  :lol:

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Mai 21, 2006, 12:42:27 Vormittag »
OMFG, THEY WON!
They won! I just read it on the videotext and in the newsticker:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060520/ap_en_mu/eurovision_song_contest
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1985436&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

MUAHAHAHAHAHA...

What news!

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Mai 21, 2006, 10:31:20 Vormittag »
Oh gosh... I didn't even stay up to see would they get any points, and in the morning I had had like 4 SMS's telling they won... This is something quite unbeliavable... And at least our newspapers says that they got the highest points ever?
Unbeliavable... Well, if Finland was doomed to win this contest once, I'm glad it was with a metalband ;)

gargantouas

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Mai 21, 2006, 10:34:17 Vormittag »
I am completelly happy about this. It is simply stunning and amazingly great for our music. I did vote as well as I think many metal heads did in Europe. Maybe this will make the difference but I doubt it. I would hate to see next  year in Eurovision varius metal contestants because I think this was original and we should stick to that.
Either way....LORDI RULES.....

Offline Kruemel

• B4M Crew
  • Active Metalhead
  • Augen zu und durch
« Antwort #8 am: Mai 21, 2006, 11:11:51 Vormittag »
Opa Steve, Devin-Addict and I had a spontaneous Metal-Party  :banger2:
We were sitting in front of the notebook (because of the lack of a TV  :lol: ) and were really fascinated from what we saw there.... It was unbelievable how many points LORDI got from so many countries.

Hell yeah - this was HARDROCK HALLELUJAH  :bluebanger:  :bluebanger:
I always bleeeeeed for metal

Souleraser

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Mai 21, 2006, 11:38:15 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Virvatuli"
Oh gosh... I didn't even stay up to see would they get any points, and in the morning I had had like 4 SMS's telling they won... This is something quite unbeliavable... And at least our newspapers says that they got the highest points ever?

Quite likely, yeah. They received 292 points.
See the official scoreboard: http://a1679.g.akamai.net/7/1679/9896/v001/esc.download.akamai.com/9896/press_pictures_2006/final_2006_points.pdf

Zitat von: "Virvatuli"

Unbeliavable... Well, if Finland was doomed to win this contest once, I'm glad it was with a metalband ;)

I'm quite surprised it happened with LORDI and not with NIGHTWISH in 1999. After all, they would have fit a lot better into the whole thing. But that might actually be what brought LORDI the victory - being so completely different.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #10 am: Mai 21, 2006, 11:56:00 Vormittag »
Yeeeeeeeeeeees! Still getting goose pimples...  :lol:

I thought about Nightwish as well and then I came to the conclusion that they wouldn't have had a big chance, because they just aren't that much different, they would just drown in the mass like most of the other songs that are so uniform. LORDI were different and although they once again had not the best performance (I think), they still simply rocked and put the big special to that whole thing.

Last night we watched the contest and already fell asleep every now and then (oh what boring songs... sheesh...), luckily managed to be awake for LORDI. I was fighting sleep for a while afterwards, Steffi already asleep in my arms. Obviously I must have lost the fight at some point (after the voting started and I had cast a vote <g>) as well, because when I woke up they were almost half done with counting the votes. My eyes flickered open, my ears started to catch sounds again... but I wouldn't believe them at first... Was that... "Finland" right at the top of that list? And with... what?! 40 points or something in advance?? Eyes bursting open, jaw dropping to the ground... Whoooohooooo!!

We had no chance outnumbering all the Turks living in Germany, but at least we sent 10 points for LORDI from here, yeah! I missed Sweden's votes, though, what did they give?

What a surprise.. and fucking great, how many votes and points came from so different countries, wow! My head was suddenly burning (although quite sleepy still, therefore some strange thoughts maybe <g>) about what might happen with LORDI now... busy, hundreds of interviews, appearances here and there and everything? Will this foster the new popularity of Hardrock and Metal we were already mumbling about? Just remember that this show is watched by millions and millions of people all over Europe and the world! I am really curious what will become of this, really excited. :)

And Lordi himself was so sweet accepting the trophy and the flowers, "shaking hands"... hahaha, those officials didn't look like they knew what to do!  :lol2:

:metal:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #11 am: Mai 21, 2006, 11:59:50 Vormittag »
Oh, I just remembered what I thought when falling asleep again: This is a victory for Rock and Metal, tonight we all are winners - tonight we all are Finns!  :twisted:  :lol:

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Mai 21, 2006, 12:12:27 Nachmittag »
AoP, I don't need to read the scoreboard. Every *** newspaper in Finland is announcing how many points they got and who gave them the points... That answering your guestion Odin, Sweden gave us 12 points.. Haha, us... Oh my.

IMO, Nightwish didn't have a chance cause back then metal was not yet a "thing"... It was quite underground back then. NW didn't even pass the finnish contest.

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Mai 21, 2006, 12:14:01 Nachmittag »
This is totally awsome.  :twisted:  :evil2:

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Mai 21, 2006, 12:19:48 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "K. Beckman"
This is totally awsome.  :twisted:  :evil2:

Yes! If we can't beat you in hockey, then we shall beat you in Eurovision ;DD