Autor Thema: Apply to represent Sweden at the next Eurovision Song Contes  (Gelesen 4396 mal)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Apply to represent Sweden at the next Eurovision Song Contes
« am: Mai 21, 2006, 03:14:52 Nachmittag »
Well, it would appear to be a little opportunistic now, but I really thing it is realistic for FALCONER to apply for the next Eurovision Song Contest to represent Sweden.

You have a great songwriter with a sense for folkish influences, so you could do a new kind of Swedish Metal trad. And with Mathias back on vocals you would absolutely stun and blame all other contestants!

I just mailed this proposal to your label to kick off the stone. Think about it! :)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Mai 21, 2006, 03:30:18 Nachmittag »
Wow, that is one unconventional idea!

Well, I think you definitely have a point there. If any metal band could go to that contest, it would be Falconer with their individual style, the folkish influences and an exceptional singer that already has a reputation in Sweden.

My only concern is that appearing at this kind of event (lots of mainstream, cheesy bands etc.) might do some damage to a band's reputation within the metal scene. You know, most people would think that going to Eurovision Song Contest is one of the most "untrue" things one can do... not that I cared but you know how some people can get really upset about those things.

But hey, if Lordi can go there for Finland, why not Falconer for Sweden? They might lose a couple of fans, but with that kind of publicity, they would gain lots more.

Hm, I'm still not sure whether to approve of this idea, might be good, might be bad, I dunno. Let me think about that some more.  :wink:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #2 am: Mai 21, 2006, 03:40:15 Nachmittag »
Loose some fans, sheesh - there are an estimated one hundred million (100.000.000) people watching that event on TV!

And about being pissed - I really had to go to the gym today and wear out my really broad grinning face (yeah, sometimes I can be a really, really bad person, harharhar  :twisted: ). I met many long, tired, grumbling faces and pissed people there! "Did you vote yesterday?" - Me: "Yeah, first time ever." - "But not for those Finns??" - "Yes, of course!!" - no reply, no goodbye when I left.  :P

Yes, I enjoyed that. ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Mai 21, 2006, 08:08:40 Nachmittag »
See, Stefan! I'm not the only one who have thought of this! ;)

I don't think there is too much to lose. Ok, the Eurovision is a pretty boring concept which have brought out some really bad acts throughout the years (What the fuck was the Lithuania wankers all about!?.), but it is a real good "promoter" as well. A lot of people aren't aware of the Falconer magic, and I say: The more, the merrier!

And I don't think that Lordi lost a lot of fans because of taking part in this contest. I think they and a lot of other metal bands gained very much because of their massive success.

Congratulations Finland!

gargantouas

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Mai 21, 2006, 10:58:49 Nachmittag »
Actually if someone checks the board of Lordi then he will see that their fans really supported them so I dont think this is a bad idea at all....Go Falconer...

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Mai 22, 2006, 09:38:12 Vormittag »
i would try and be there for Falconers gig at the song contest IF they would want to do it!
let's organize and get there together, fellow Falcons! :D

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Mai 22, 2006, 06:28:13 Nachmittag »
He he.
The thought have crossed my mind, for a metal band I think FALCONER could be a fitting one to do this.
Still there are some other aspects to think of before trying it.

We´ll just see about that .....maybe!
Talk about doing a sell-out in that case!!!!  :lol:

gargantouas

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Mai 22, 2006, 07:31:52 Nachmittag »
Oh Stefan you should sent a remake of Mindtraveller....the speedier the better hehehehehhe  :lol:

rockofoak

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: August 14, 2006, 01:48:44 Nachmittag »
I'd rather go with a song more in the lines of "A Quest for the Crown".
The folkier the better!