Umfrage

Which do you prefer?

Matthias
8 (72.7%)
Kristoffer
3 (27.3%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 0

Umfrage geschlossen: November 19, 2004, 02:37:06 Vormittag

Autor Thema: Opinions on new singer  (Gelesen 8938 mal)

JacksonRR-3

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« am: November 19, 2004, 02:35:21 Vormittag »
I personally don't like the new singer as much as the old one.  But who knows he might get better.

Prab

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #1 am: November 19, 2004, 10:51:06 Vormittag »
It's not a secret that a large part of the people here definitely enjoyed and adored Mathias voice. And most of us were confused when they heard Kristoffer for the first time. Me too!

But I think when you listen to "Sceptre of Deception" over and over again, you'll find out that the new voice fits the sound of Falconer in a unique way. It's somethin totally new! And it works!
For me at least.

And I don't think that Kristoffer has already shown us all that he's capable of as a singer. There's more to come, I'm pretty sure about that.

Wow, this topic's alway around, isn't it :)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #2 am: November 19, 2004, 09:07:25 Nachmittag »
I think Prab just said it best.  So while I wish Matthias was still part of Falconer, I think Kristoffer is a good choice as singer.  And that is that. :)

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #3 am: November 19, 2004, 09:21:18 Nachmittag »
I think that while Mathias is an excellent singer, Kristoffer actually brings a grittier, more metallic edge to Falconer's music.

I don't like his voice much when he goes high pitched though.

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #4 am: November 19, 2004, 11:54:52 Nachmittag »
:dito: all of the above

K. Beckman

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #5 am: November 20, 2004, 12:09:12 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Prab"

Wow, this topic's alway around, isn't it :)

It sure is. And Mathias is still not comming back, so....

Mas

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #6 am: November 20, 2004, 10:45:36 Vormittag »
i realy love Kristoffers voice.

The Metal RN

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #7 am: November 20, 2004, 04:46:12 Nachmittag »
I sort of look at them as being seperate bands, Septer has a totally different feel as well as Kristoffer's vocal differences.  I really enjoy all of them, it makes no diiference to me who the singer is. I really enjoyed the colaboartion pieces as well. (ex. with Nickolas/WOLF)

Arthyron

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: November 20, 2004, 10:53:40 Nachmittag »
Well, to me, Mathias' classical voice is what really set Falconer apart from the typical metal band.  Few singers in any popular genre (outside of classical and opera music) have a voice on par with his.  I think having a more "metallic" singer just lowers Falconer to just another  metal band.  Kristoffer is a good singer, maybe not as good as Mathias, but he's still got an excellent normal singing voice (as evidenced on Hear Me Pray).  What I think he should do is stop trying to sing all metallic and just sing in his natural classic singing voice, and once again bring Falconer above the typical metal band.  Another great thing about Falconer is the medieval/minstrel kind of melodies and stuff they put in, this too really sets them apart in my mind.

shadowman

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #9 am: November 20, 2004, 11:19:03 Nachmittag »
Agreed 100 % with Arthyron !
Couldn't have said it better !!

Matthias was what made Falconer rise above them all !!

Don' t get me wrong, I still think Falconer is WAY above average, even with Kristoffer...

But hey, no use dwelling about the past !

Can't wait for the new album !!

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Re: .......
« Antwort #10 am: November 21, 2004, 05:23:36 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Arthyron"
Well, to me, Mathias' classical voice is what really set Falconer apart from the typical metal band.

I think having a more "metallic" singer just lowers Falconer to just another metal band.

I disagree with both of these statements. Reason is the same. Even though Mathias was one of the main things that placed Falconer apart from other metal bands, it is Stefan's songwriting / riffs what constitute most of what puts the band in another league.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #11 am: November 21, 2004, 08:08:52 Vormittag »
I'll raise by banner at Mindtraveller's side. :)

To Arthyron (by the way: Try registering to save your name and preferences and so on): No good idea for Kristoffer to sing a more classic way, I think. People would at once start musing he was trying to sound like Mathias before and he could probably not match his classically educated voice there. So it's okay to stick to your own way,  isn't it? ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #12 am: November 21, 2004, 10:45:17 Vormittag »
I think Kristoffer and Matthias really sound very similar.  Kristoffer is more "gritty" sounding, but there are parts on Sceptre that Matthias was singing and I at first didn't catch it as him - I thought it was Kristoffer at first.

However, whether Kristoffer or Matthias on vocals, Falconer is still identifiable as Falconer because of the musical sound.  As Mindtraveller said, it's Stefan's songwriting style that makes it what it is.

The Metal RN

• Gast
Opinions on new singer
« Antwort #13 am: November 21, 2004, 04:11:08 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"
I'll raise by banner at Mindtraveller's side. :)
:dito:

Arthyron

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: November 22, 2004, 08:32:44 Nachmittag »
Umm...if you'll notice the last sentence of my paragraph, I agree about the Stefan's melodies as well, those two things are what set them apart to me.  Sheesh

As for my user name, I'm aware, I used to have this name registered on the old forum and I thought I did on the new one but apparently not.  Maybe it just got inactive or something. *shrug*.  I'll try to get around to that next time.