Autor Thema: Other bands of interest: Revisisted?  (Gelesen 19976 mal)

okkultiis

• Gast
Other bands of interest: Revisisted?
« Antwort #15 am: Juni 14, 2006, 09:25:55 Vormittag »
Bands that are considered black-power metal would be children of bodom, norther and kalmah.  Only because of their power metalish guitar/keyboard work yet they have a lot of black metal drum work and harsh vocals.

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: Juni 14, 2006, 10:03:24 Vormittag »
Yeah, Therion is just symphonic metal with occasional death metal vocals (some of the music is pretty reminiscent of power metal).

Associating bands like Bodom and Norther with BM will get you crucified by the kvltists. :lol:

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Juni 14, 2006, 10:44:31 Vormittag »
Hahahah! Bewareth thee them occultists!

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Juni 14, 2006, 08:56:27 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Radagast"
Associating bands like Bodom and Norther with BM will get you crucified by the kvltists. :lol:

I'm not a 'kvlt' guy, but I still cringe whenever I see those kind of bands associated with bm.

Won't crucify okkultiis, though. Just because I'm such a nice fellow. :mrgreen:

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Juni 15, 2006, 10:07:21 Vormittag »
Yeah, I know and I'm with ye on the subject. The drums are more to do with melodeath in that sort of band anyway. The vocals in Norther and CoB are Black Metal-styled, but in bands like Kalmah its again more like melodeath. Its just a combination of influences anyway, and its always nice to see bands that can't be shoved into a neat little category.

Liszasabi

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Juni 16, 2006, 08:33:16 Vormittag »
I was not meaning that Therion is "blackpower metal", im just showing my hapiness that Therion isin't another band to bag of black, death or trash metal which I so hate. And yes Therion was some kind of death metal for 2-3 first albums[/quote]

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: Juni 16, 2006, 10:13:59 Vormittag »
Ok! Yes, Therion was quite death metal in the beginning, and the further they get from that genre the better IMO.

Alas, I'm still curious. What is "blackpower metal"? It sounds like a very vile and excentric mixup between Rhapsody and Bathory. ;)

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: Juni 16, 2006, 11:25:03 Vormittag »
Really I guess it would be a crossover between symphonic power metal and symphonic black metal, which aren't actually that far apart to begin with. So it'd be more like a cross between Dimmu and Rhapsody rather than 1349 and Armored Saint. :lol:

In fact, here's as good a chance as any for me to plug a local band:
http://www.myspace.com/dionysusuk
Dionysus: Black/Power Metal

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: Juni 16, 2006, 12:28:43 Nachmittag »
:lol:

Well. There seems to be more genres than anyone could ever give any genre names nowadays.

I'll give Dionysus a go!

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: Juni 16, 2006, 12:31:08 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Black Knight"
Ok! Yes, Therion was quite death metal in the beginning, and the further they get from that genre the better IMO.

What's wrong with Death Metal? A lot of excellent music lies within the realms of that genre. Even Therion's first two albums remain as the best thing the band has done.

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: Juni 16, 2006, 02:18:52 Nachmittag »
Oh yes, the first albums were great! There are a lot great death metal bands out there, even black metal ones (IMO). But (and again I stress that it's my opinion) I think Therion is better now than they/he were/was in the beginning.

okkultiis

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: Juni 18, 2006, 09:27:53 Nachmittag »
For those who enjoy acoustical Renaissance folk check out Blackmores Night, which features richie blackmore (Rainbow guitarist, band with Ronnie James Dio for those who dont know)
) and his wife.

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: Juni 18, 2006, 09:58:40 Nachmittag »
Blackmore's night is wonderful!

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: Juni 24, 2006, 07:05:45 Vormittag »
Listening to the Curse of Heaven EP, and it came to me that maybe Ravage is another band that could be of interest to Falconer fans. Very traditional sounding and basically no folk influences, but pretty classy metal with nice leads.

By the way, in case some haven't noticed, I've included a link. Just click on the band's name. This also goes for the previous recommendation.

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: Juni 25, 2006, 02:28:52 Nachmittag »
I'm surprised noone have mentioned "Mago de Oz".
A spanish band, a bit  folkier than Falconer and singing in Spanish.
Some of their songs are damn good!!