Autor Thema: Grime vs. Grandeur. A year after.  (Gelesen 6226 mal)

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Grime vs. Grandeur. A year after.
« am: Juni 22, 2006, 05:10:13 Vormittag »
Or a little more than a year (a month, I think).

Anyhoo, after listening to the album throughout a whole year, has your perception of it changed? Do you like it less or more than you did at first?

Personally, little has changed; I liked it initially and I still like it. It still shares the second place on my favorite Falconer albums list, along with Sceptre of Deception.

I still shake my head at all the negative press it got, as it was pretty much undeserved.

Anyway, what about you?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 22, 2006, 06:00:46 Vormittag »
I still like it as much as I ever did. :)

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 22, 2006, 07:38:09 Vormittag »
Some of the songs on it are real classics to me nowadays. Especially Child Of The Wild and Humanity Overdose.

Vonn

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 22, 2006, 12:57:03 Nachmittag »
Nothing has realy changed about it. It's still Falconer and it's still as good as ever. In my mind, it will never age. None of the Falconer albums will. A true great never loses his talent, even after old age and I beleive the same can b said about the Falconer ablum collection.

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Juni 22, 2006, 05:22:43 Nachmittag »
I haven't listened to it in a few months now. I get the feeling nothing will have changed - still a good album, but probably my least favourite Falconer album.

miked79

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Juni 22, 2006, 11:32:41 Nachmittag »
im not a fan of it, i bought it cuz its falconer, and i had to check it out. I gave it a chance , i listened to every song  a few times, but i dont think it was there best work. Just didnt sound like the band that blew me away when i first heard them. Im really lookin forward to the next album tho :)

J-Roc

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: Juni 23, 2006, 02:23:59 Vormittag »
I think it is impossible to make a bad Falconer album, even though the music might change, the change is what keeps it so fresh and new.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Juni 23, 2006, 05:42:26 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "The Black Knight"
Some of the songs on it are real classics to me nowadays. Especially Child Of The Wild and Humanity Overdose.

I think Child of the Wild is my favorite song on the album.  Actually, if I had to pick two favorites, it'd be those two. :)

And honestly, as much as I adore Matthias (and can listen to him sing all day...*dreamy sighhhhhhhhh*) I can't imagine him singing Child of the Wild.  In my mind, that will forever and always be a  "Kristoffer" song.  Just like I can't imagine anyone other than Matthias singing The Clarion Call...there are just some songs you associate with a vocallist. :)

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Juni 23, 2006, 06:50:46 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
there are just some songs you associate with a vocallist. :)

Indeed. Take Iron Maiden, for example; as much as Dickinson is the technically better vocalist, the DiAnno and Bayley songs sound awkward with his voice.

Likewise, it's doubtful that Blad will be able to sing Göbel's songs 'correctly'. Maybe he'll handle the Sceptre of Deception ones well, but the Grime vs. Grandeur ones? Don't know. Guess we'll have to wait and hear (if anything)...

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: Juni 23, 2006, 08:00:57 Vormittag »
I don't know...I happen to like Running Free with Dickinson on vocals instead of DiAnno...But maybe I'm weird. :P

I'll have to listen to GvG again soon to see if I can formulate an opinion as to whether or not I think Matthias would sound awesome singing the other songs.  I think he might sound good on Emotional Skies though, just off the top of my head.

Nightmares Desire

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: Juni 23, 2006, 07:55:34 Nachmittag »
A year later, i still adore it.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #11 am: Juni 24, 2006, 11:10:43 Vormittag »
I still like it very much, although I maybe am not that enthusiastic anymore (I'm enthusiastic every single time a new FALCONER album arrives here ;) ).

About Mathias singing the GvG songs: I don't think there is a one and only "correct" way to sing them. There is the way we know them from the album, but at the next live show, Kris would probably have sung them a little different as well. So will Mathias. And I am looking forward to his interpretations!
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Nightmares Desire

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Juni 28, 2006, 07:27:10 Vormittag »
I should refrase that.  A year later, I still adore G vs. G.  But i still hate 'Power" well, most of it anyway, alright, fine, the vast majority of it.  I'll stop now........