Autor Thema: Why falconer replaced her singer?????  (Gelesen 15504 mal)

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
Why falconer replaced her singer?????
« Antwort #30 am: Juni 13, 2006, 07:57:09 Nachmittag »
"What the deuce" - I always have to think of Stewie Griffin when I hear that. lol

I don't think changing the logo with every new line-up would be wise. A band's logo, especially when it's as recognizable as Falconer's, is part of the band's identity. Imagine, say, Iron Maiden redesigning their name logo with every second album...

In my opinion, they should either stick with the one they have now or go back to the original one which I think is the most beautiful version.

That version embodies in my mind the powerful epic style that had made "Falconer" and "Chapters" the unsurpassed masterworks of metal that they are.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: Juni 13, 2006, 09:08:20 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "<Horus-Nikopol>"
I don't think changing the logo with every new line-up would be wise.

Well, if you plan to change the lineup with every album, then I'd agree. :mrgreen:

Zitat
A band's logo, especially when it's as recognizable as Falconer's, is part of the band's identity. Imagine, say, Iron Maiden redesigning their name logo with every second album...

Then again, you have bands like Judas Priest, Gamma Ray, Therion, et al. who have changed their logos throughout their careers, and it has not affected them. Although it's true that a logo can become part of the identity of certain bands (Maiden and Helloween come to mind), their music is what truly defines them.

Still, the best part about the changes on Falconer's logo is that they've been kind of variations of a theme.

And now that I'm wrapping up this post I realize how bored we are in this forum when a topic of discussion is the band's logo. :P

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: Juni 13, 2006, 10:37:50 Nachmittag »
I think the latest logo (i.e. not the first one) is the best. It's more balanced and more graphical. The text definitely looks better (especially the "L" and the "C" part, which kind of falls to the left a bit too much ) as well.

I don't think it's necessary to go back to the first logo just to point out that Mathias is back. I think  his return will be very...let's say...noticeable.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: Juni 14, 2006, 02:37:14 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "The Black Knight"
I don't think it's necessary to go back to the first logo just to point out that Mathias is back. I think  his return will be very...let's say...noticeable.

You guys are reading too much into this "change the logo to reflect the lineup changes" thing. It was a nice touch when it happened, but it's already been pointed out that it's not changing any time soon, so.. ;)

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: Juni 14, 2006, 07:37:23 Vormittag »
:wink:

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: Juni 14, 2006, 09:56:50 Vormittag »
I think the newest logo is the best. It has the cool look of the original with the symmetry of the Sceptre version (which was a little boring). The little 'talons' also look very cool.

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: Juni 14, 2006, 12:53:26 Nachmittag »
The website has been updated! Yay!

www.falconermusic.com

More pictures, please!  :twisted:

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: Juni 14, 2006, 12:58:00 Nachmittag »
There will be more of those in a not too distant future, good sir Nikopol!

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: Juni 14, 2006, 05:43:46 Nachmittag »
We will stick with the newest logo.

The new one is still a mix between the first and the second (a boring one, yes),
personally I think it's the best one.
Things have changed a bit too much during the last years with both members, the music and the logo.
As I see it we have reached our goal, so we'll just make camp here.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: Juni 14, 2006, 06:16:08 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Stefan W"
We will stick with the newest logo.

The new one is still a mix between the first and the second (a boring one, yes),
personally I think it's the best one.
Things have changed a bit too much during the last years with both members, the music and the logo.
As I see it we have reached our goal, so we'll just make camp here.

Reasonable... I like the new band-picture... Though Mathias' doesn't quite fit the style of the other members'... But hey, that's the point, isnt it?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: Juni 14, 2006, 08:29:48 Nachmittag »
I love the new pictures!  I also love Matthias' leather coat.  Did he lose weight?  He looks more slender than I remember.

Stefan, would it be possible for someone to email me the new band picture  so that I might put it on the Myspace page?  I can't find a larger version of it on the site (it's possible I'm not observant.)  The one on the "Members bio" page is sliced into sections, and  I'm unable to get the full thing.  Silabub82@aol.com

If not, I'll just wait until the photos page is updated.  Whichever. :)

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #41 am: Juni 14, 2006, 10:13:12 Nachmittag »
It's in the download section as a desktop picture.

The Black Knight

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: Juni 14, 2006, 10:17:44 Nachmittag »
Or you can get it in its original size at http://www.metalblade.de/images/gallery/falconer_1149607669.jpg.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #43 am: Juni 14, 2006, 10:24:28 Nachmittag »
Thanks alot gentlemen. :)   I guess I'll have to resize it.  Ah well, that doesn't take too long.

The Violinist

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: August 02, 2006, 01:19:48 Nachmittag »
Imo, the vocal has maybe the most important role in a bands identity. I don't think Falconer is Falconer without Blad, although Kriss did a great job, and yes he does have a voice which sound s a lot like Blad, but it isn't the same.

Falconer imo. without Blad is like Kamelot without Khan, or Opeth without Mikael Åkerfeldt.

I do agree to what someone said earlier, I have also had problems telling the difference some times.

As for the logo, it is practically the same thing, just in a different style, but I like the new style better.