Autor Thema: NORTHWIND Cover Design  (Gelesen 11389 mal)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #15 am: August 01, 2006, 05:18:23 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Maximus"
I'm liking it.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Brilliant!

Radagast

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #16 am: August 01, 2006, 11:51:25 Vormittag »
I'm liking it.

The border thing is cool, and the art is unique for an album cover, but also works well, which is a good thing.

However in case you reconsider I have created a more cliche Viking style cover if you want to use it to get the message across a bit clearer.

Bwahahahahaha! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The Blacksmith

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #17 am: August 01, 2006, 05:59:55 Nachmittag »
I'm liking it.

The border thing is cool, and the art is unique for an album cover, but also works well, which is a good thing.

However in case you reconsider I have created a more cliche Viking style cover if you want to use it to get the message across a bit clearer.

HAHAHA :lol:  :lol:
I should have let you do it instead! That's awesome!  :wink:
The real (but not so funny) cover could be found in the download-section guys 'n girls..

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #18 am: August 01, 2006, 07:36:34 Nachmittag »
...and it was in a press release by Metalblade (a much larger version also), sorry I did not post it here before, but I have been very busy for a while already... <sigh>

But I will surely get back to you with first impressions of the songs soon. Stay tuned! (not yet got the material, no)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

J-Roc

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #19 am: August 02, 2006, 07:58:55 Vormittag »
Now that we can see the full-sized version on the official site, we can get a better idea of whats going on in the artwork, and i have to say, now that i have a good view, it looks alot better.

Radagast

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #20 am: August 02, 2006, 01:59:37 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "J-Roc"
Now that we can see the full-sized version on the official site, we can get a better idea of whats going on in the artwork, and i have to say, now that i have a good view, it looks alot better.

It does look much better. I still the think the warrior's stance looks a little...unnatural, but it mostly looks very cool and a nice tie-in to the first two albums.

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #21 am: August 02, 2006, 04:14:00 Nachmittag »
A good friend of mine (who also converted the Emotional Skies video so everyone could watch it) has spontaneously photoshopped his own idea of what the cover for "Northwind" should have looked like. We had been discussing the actual cover a bit on the forum of our Club Mats website and this is what he came up with:

http://www.host-your-board.de/cgi-bin/yabbserver/foren/F_1116/YaBB.cgi?board=Everything;action=display;num=1150999628;start=180#181

What do you think?

Radagast

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #22 am: August 02, 2006, 06:22:36 Nachmittag »
Those are cool! I really like the first one (the second is just a little tooo cliched). Although the officiall cover seems to have more of a Falconer vibe about it, if you know what I mean.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #23 am: August 02, 2006, 09:17:10 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "<Horus-Nikopol>"
A good friend of mine [...] has spontaneously photoshopped his own idea of what the cover for "Northwind" should have looked like. [...] What do you think?

The first idea looks better indeed. It would have been interesting to see Meninghaus paint a version of such concept. It kinda fits the idea Stefan talked about, if perhaps in a subtler way.

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #24 am: August 02, 2006, 10:45:49 Nachmittag »
Yeah, I agree. I don't like the second version, either.

Prab

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #25 am: August 11, 2006, 07:48:04 Vormittag »
On the official website I found this larger und clearer version of the Northwind cover design. Looks much better than the tiny picture. I kinda like it!

Radagast

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #26 am: August 11, 2006, 09:31:53 Vormittag »
Now that looks a lot better, although I still think the way the warrior is standing looks a little...stilted? :?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #27 am: August 11, 2006, 07:05:21 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Radagast"
Now that looks a lot better, although I still think the way the warrior is standing looks a little...stilted? :?

Maybe he's stiff and sore after a long battle (both physical and emotional) so his confirmation isn't as "together" as it could be?   Just a thought.  I know I sometimes walk like that after mucking stalls.

Nightmares Desire

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #28 am: August 13, 2006, 05:55:59 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
Zitat von: "Radagast"

Maybe he's stiff and sore after a long battle (both physical and emotional) so his confirmation isn't as "together" as it could be?   Just a thought.  I know I sometimes walk like that after mucking stalls.

No kidding.  :shock:

After the first 20 stalls, im usually about to die........

J-Roc

• Gast
NORTHWIND Cover Design
« Antwort #29 am: August 16, 2006, 06:02:08 Vormittag »
I believe that the setting of the first album, and of Northwind are the same. Not just because of the falconer on the cover, but if you look at the first album, near the bottom-right hand corner, just above the cape, you will see a small viking village. Just think about it, the falconer has returned home after 5 years of plundering northern europe to put this violent past behind him.  Whether intentionally, or by some coincodince, there is at least an artistic conection between the two albums.