Autor Thema: Lyrical content  (Gelesen 9464 mal)

Ancient Minstrel

• Gast
Lyrical content
« am: August 10, 2006, 10:14:33 Nachmittag »
Does a list of what the Falconer songs are about exist? I know that there are such lists for larger bands like Blind Guardian, but it would be interesting to get the content of some of the songs explained. Some of them I have figured out on my own and the entire Sceptre of Deception is  piece a cake of course, but there are several songs which I wonder if they mean anything special...

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #1 am: August 10, 2006, 11:25:40 Nachmittag »
Here you can find the commentary for Falconer[/i] and the one for Chapters From a Vale Forlorn (Along with a bunch of other info).

I have the Grime vs. Grandeur one somewhere. I'll look for it and post it if no one else does first.

Radagast

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #2 am: August 11, 2006, 09:32:39 Vormittag »
Mindtraveller, those are excellent! Your work?

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #3 am: August 11, 2006, 09:55:55 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Radagast"
Mindtraveller, those are excellent! Your work?

Yes. Thanks! Actually those were started when Scepter of Deception was released, but time got in the way, as did procrastination and lack of interest. I recently re-discovered them on my hard drive and decided to upload them for you guys of the forum, and to get some feedback (or a possible 'heir', heheh). Might begin working on the rest, but itd' be a very slow process.

The Black Knight

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #4 am: August 11, 2006, 10:38:34 Vormittag »
A very comprehensive source! You must've worked with that for quite some time!

Ancient Minstrel

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #5 am: August 11, 2006, 10:45:09 Vormittag »
That was great, thank you!

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #6 am: August 11, 2006, 07:40:11 Nachmittag »
Glad it helped, Minstrel.

Zitat von: "The Black Knight"
A very comprehensive source! You must've worked with that for quite some time!

This is true, and one of the reasons I stopped. To go through loads of interviews and articles, compiling the necessary data was too time consuming and exhausting, especially when most interviewers suck and make the same questions over and over...

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #7 am: August 11, 2006, 07:47:55 Nachmittag »
Here's the Grime vs Grandeur commentary.

Zitat von: "Stefan Weinerhall"
EMOTIONAL SKIES:
This lyric is about a man who is torn between emotions he feel after being let down by his girlfriend. Sometimes angry, sometimes sad and lonely.

PURGATORY TIME
The lyric is a kind of reaction on Sweden´s lawsystem. Hopefully the lowlifes will get their punishment in the afterlife. (not saying I belive in heaven nor hell).
It´s like an assult on the victims to see the rapist walk away with 4 months of jail or sometimes walk free just because the girl was drunk. Same thing goes for most criminal acts, you just get angry of the mockery the sentence is.

I REFUSE
Have you ever had a girlfriend who bitched on you for all kind of reasons. You could have respected her for the opinions if she just hadn´t gone on and on about it. I have been through this and I got more and more pissed on her. It´s like: quit it, get off my back. I don´t care what you think, must you have so many opinons.

HUMANITY OVERDOSE
Is there no end to the hunt for eternal life or trying to over populate the planet.
Hasn´t mother earth made it pretty clear that we´re too many allready. Isn´t it more humane in the long run to let nature has it´s course. Is it necessary to make all that effort on John 87 just so he can survive to drewl for 3 more years instead of letting him go away.

THE ASSAILANT
About a person who night after night looks for some temporary love without protecting themselves. Isn´t he on the way to indirect suicide? And indirect slain?

POWER
This takes up thing that seem to happen all the time. Some high directors of a company takes the opportunity to get even more money down their pockets by stealing it from the little people. Don´t they remember where their roots are? Is the lawsystem equal here? Instead of facing jailtime like heroinaddict Pete would they just get fired from work......for stealing 5 million dollars. Does he know people in high places or what is it that makes him above the law?

NO TEARS FOR STRANGERS
My neighbour is killed – a chock to me.
100 peacewreckers are killed 2000 miles away – why should I care, how does that affect me.
Call me cold, call me heartless but is I have no connection or bonds to a person I will ofcourse not mourn him as much as someone who I can identify with. In these modern days with TV we can get all news of the world, if I should feel and have opinions about everything that happens I would go insane. So ofcourse I think it´s worse if 1 of my neighbours is injured than if someone in Bangladesh is killed. It´s none of my business.

THE RETURN
A song for a drung junkie. Don´t let the drugs run your life for you, don´t you see your heading in the the wrong direction.

JACK THE KNIFE
Or Jack the ripper if you want. A picturing song of the jolly good London man.

CHILD OF THE WILD
Uuuh sharks and wolves are so dangerous we got to kill the all so not more people is killed by them..........???? Shouldn´t we then kill ourselves too, cause your next is way more dangerous than a wolf is. Why are people afraid to walk in the woods at night, it´s way more deadly to go to the pub and have a drink.

WAKE UP
...with the demons is what you will do after having boned the wrong chick after all those drinks. A song about regrets and the coming back to reality the hangover is all about.
Sometimes it might be too painful. (Not speaking from my own experiance)

I think the only songs missing commentary as of now are "The Gate" and "Rock 'n' Roll Devil".

cuauhtle

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #8 am: August 12, 2006, 03:28:06 Vormittag »
http://kiske.praxinoscope.tv/falconer/
is a perfect resource i have been looking for; tx

Radagast

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #9 am: August 12, 2006, 09:20:46 Vormittag »
I'd like to know about The Gate.

Rock 'n' Roll Devil is pretty self-explanatory, :)

Ancient Minstrel

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #10 am: August 12, 2006, 11:13:07 Vormittag »
Does "The Gate" even have lyrics? I have never heard it because I don't have the japanese version (it is on there only, right?) of Sceptre. And on such sites as Metal Archives no lyrics are given, and I don't think that there are lyrics even on Falconer's home page?

Of course it could still have a meaning, but it is harder to express any advanced and developed opinions without words...

Radagast

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #11 am: August 12, 2006, 12:55:00 Nachmittag »
It has lyrics. They aren't on the main ste because its a bonus track, and they aren't on the Archives because there's nowhere for them to be copied from. :lol:

"There's no other way out/I pass the gate of no return/Why don't we leeeeeearn?"

One of Kriss's best performances.

Stefan W

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #12 am: August 12, 2006, 02:14:24 Nachmittag »
THE GATE

Time’s passing by
This boat is rocking out of control

The horror and sadness
Step on the train to madness
Is this the beginning or is it the end

When there’s no other way out
I’ll pass the gate of no return
Why don’t we learn?

Haunted by time
That ghost is always on my mind

I have to keep running
The scars just don’t stop coming
Hide away the monster within oblivion

Why don't we learn?
There’s no return

Ancient Minstrel

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #13 am: August 15, 2006, 11:42:49 Vormittag »
So what is the meaning? Could it be Birger's regret after he had let his brothers die and gone in exile?

Radagast

• Gast
Lyrical content
« Antwort #14 am: August 15, 2006, 12:47:28 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Ancient Minstrel"
So what is the meaning? Could it be Birger's regret after he had let his brothers die and gone in exile?

I'm pretty sure its unrelated to the concept of the album.