Autor Thema: Rhapsody's name change  (Gelesen 4803 mal)

Prab

• Gast
Rhapsody's name change
« am: September 07, 2006, 05:56:46 Nachmittag »
Hey guys!

Did any of you notice, that Italy's RHAPSODY have changed their name into RHAPSODY OF FIRE?

Here, check out their official homepage:
http://www.rhapsodyoffire.com/

I think RHAPSODY was good enough but yeah... copyright issues as it seems.

So what do you think?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Rhapsody's name change
« Antwort #1 am: September 07, 2006, 06:46:52 Nachmittag »
I think it's annoying.  But if you notice they made the "of fire" bit REALLY small.  Bit of a smart move there.  Because fans will still just call them "Rhapsody" and of course they can't control what their fans call them. ;)

Very, very smart.  :D

Virvatuli

• Gast
Rhapsody's name change
« Antwort #2 am: September 07, 2006, 09:22:35 Nachmittag »
Didn't know that.. Quite funny actually as they're not really a new band so why would they all of a sudden have some legal problems with their name? Well, mysterious are the ways of copyright laws x)

The Metal RN

• Gast
Rhapsody's name change
« Antwort #3 am: September 08, 2006, 01:35:31 Vormittag »
I noticed it when I was loading songs into my IPod the other day and was looking for pics of album covers to download with the songs. A website is used mentioned that they had to do the name change. I agree with Vir, why all of a sudden? Maybe because of the US tour last year? <- more exposure? I also agree with angel, very smart logo change. maybe I will do a search for  "the real rhapsody" and see what shows up.........

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Rhapsody's name change
« Antwort #4 am: September 08, 2006, 05:03:53 Vormittag »
I believe it was Rhapsody, the music downlnoad service that had problems with the band having the same name as them.

Which is ridiculous, since the band Rhapsody has been around longer than the downloading service

The Metal RN

• Gast
Rhapsody's name change
« Antwort #5 am: September 12, 2006, 12:22:42 Nachmittag »
Yes, but money talks.