Autor Thema: So, about the Japanese release of Northwind...  (Gelesen 5035 mal)

Mindtraveller

• Gast
So, about the Japanese release of Northwind...
« am: September 14, 2006, 08:19:55 Nachmittag »
Metal Blade has not updated their Japan website in ages, so it's difficult to know what's going on with the release date and other details. Any idea about it? With Grime vs. Grandeur it took three more months to be released over there, even though it usually works the other way around.

Anyway, it'd be great if the release was the digi with the bonus CD and "Child of the Wild" with Mathias on vocals, but it'll probably just include the latter. :( Still, is the song re-recorded? Or is it just the same one that appears on Grime vs. Grandeur with a new voice track replacing Kristoffer's?

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #1 am: September 14, 2006, 08:54:02 Nachmittag »
That song is the same track but with new vocals. Fast way to get a bonus  :roll:

I don't know what the Jap CD will contain but I wouldn't rule out the possibillity that it'll have both the bonus CD and CHILD.......

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: September 14, 2006, 09:01:46 Nachmittag »
Stupid question here:

My guess is that at least 90 percent of album buying Falconer fans are either American or European. Why do the Japanese get a bonus track every time, even though they make up such a tiny part of the fans?

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: September 14, 2006, 09:10:18 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "<Horus-Nikopol>"
Stupid question here:

My guess is that at least 90 percent of album buying Falconer fans are either American or European. Why do the Japanese get a bonus track every time, even though they make up such a tiny part of the fans?

Well, the thing with the Japanese getting a bonus track or two has to do with their industry / economy and some kinda complex thingies, but to put it simply it's like this:

In Japan, buying an import CD is often cheaper than buying the local release. In order to give an incentive so the people will buy the national version instead, the albums include some sort of bonus that no import has.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: September 14, 2006, 09:12:44 Nachmittag »
In short - CDs in Japan are insanely expensive.  That's why they get bonuses no other country gets as far as CD releases go.

I would LOVE to hear Child of the Wild with Mathias on vocals.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: September 14, 2006, 09:16:37 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
In short - CDs in Japan are insanely expensive.  That's why they get bonuses no other country gets as far as CD releases go.

I would LOVE to hear Child of the Wild with Mathias on vocals.

Well, you've already downloaded the album, why don't you just download that track as well??

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: September 14, 2006, 09:31:38 Nachmittag »
Jakob,  I'm tired of your negative behavior and snide remarks.   I'm only going to ask you once to please stop.

I do not have a download program.  I PRE-ORDERED Northwind BEFORE I recieved the leaked version.  I have already PAID for my PRE-ORDERED COPY of Northwind.  As soon as I have it, what's on my computer will be deleted.  I have no bonus tracks, and certainly not the DVD material. Do I need to spell it out for you further?

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: September 14, 2006, 10:24:32 Nachmittag »
I will be trying to get copy of the Japanese version if I can, I am tired of not having teh bonus materials on the US releases. I am looking forwrd to it!! :bluebanger:

Radagast

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: September 15, 2006, 11:43:19 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Stefan W"
That song is the same track but with new vocals. Fast way to get a bonus  :roll:

:lol:

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: September 16, 2006, 07:00:15 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"
Jakob,  I'm tired of your negative behavior and snide remarks.   I'm only going to ask you once to please stop.

I do not have a download program.  I PRE-ORDERED Northwind BEFORE I recieved the leaked version.  I have already PAID for my PRE-ORDERED COPY of Northwind.  As soon as I have it, what's on my computer will be deleted.  I have no bonus tracks, and certainly not the DVD material. Do I need to spell it out for you further?

I have not behaved negatively in any way. I took part in a discussion, in which I made some statements and presented some arguments, which by some people may be considered as being of a negative character. If you only think of  'positive' arguments as valid, that's your problem.
And I haven't made any 'snide' remarks, I just pointed out, since you already know how to obtain illegally copied music from the internet, that this was an obvious method in getting the bonus track. You can call it a snide remark if you want, if so it should be the only time, I have deliberately tried to offend you in my opinion, but feel free to correct me, if I am wrong.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #10 am: September 18, 2006, 08:36:45 Vormittag »
Let's say the undertone could be misunderstood and leave it be. :)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Mindtraveller

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Oktober 18, 2006, 09:05:26 Nachmittag »
Well, the (as of now) scheduled release date is December 6th. A bit too long again, to be honest. No idea about the details yet though.

Sol

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Oktober 21, 2006, 06:59:09 Nachmittag »
Zitat
have not behaved negatively in any way. I took part in a discussion, in which I made some statements and presented some arguments, which by some people may be considered as being of a negative character. If you only think of 'positive' arguments as valid, that's your problem.
And I haven't made any 'snide' remarks, I just pointed out, since you already know how to obtain illegally copied music from the internet, that this was an obvious method in getting the bonus track. You can call it a snide remark if you want, if so it should be the only time, I have deliberately tried to offend you in my opinion, but feel free to correct me, if I am wrong.

Jakob, I like your way of thinking process  8)