Autor Thema: Northwind Reviews  (Gelesen 26175 mal)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #75 am: Oktober 14, 2006, 07:03:07 Nachmittag »
Hm. 'Spirit...' is really simple and straight, not too elaborate (muscially as well as lyrically). Still it's one of my faves as well, yes. :)

Birdie - it seems our tastes differ at some points, but that's fine anyway. ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #76 am: Oktober 15, 2006, 04:53:06 Vormittag »
And what are those points, exactly? I would like to know.  :wink:

Because I would agree to pretty much everything you said in yor review.

With Egyptian regards,

The Guy with the Falcon Head

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #77 am: Oktober 15, 2006, 03:40:36 Nachmittag »
Okay, no major differences probably, but I'm not into the ballad that much this time. I don't really know why, but I just love for example 'Portals Of Light' more than this one.

Hm, overall... having re-read your review I actually wonder what I was thinking about, when I wrote that. Haha!  :lol:
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Prab

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #78 am: Oktober 23, 2006, 10:40:02 Vormittag »
Hey guys!

Added four more reviews to "Northwind".
Have fun reading  :)

Greetz
Prab

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #79 am: Oktober 24, 2006, 04:34:17 Nachmittag »
Metal Covenant has a Northwind review: http://www.metalcovenant.com/pages/index.htm

Something tells me that they liked it.  :mrgreen:

Stefan W

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #80 am: Oktober 24, 2006, 04:37:32 Nachmittag »
I stopped after a while with this one since I didn't get too much of it.

Radagast

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #81 am: Oktober 24, 2006, 04:41:15 Nachmittag »
God, MettleAngel is annoying. His stupid alliteration jerkoffs pollute Metal Archives as well. 7000 words to say exactly nothing. :roll:

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #82 am: Oktober 24, 2006, 06:02:09 Nachmittag »
Yeah, I sort of skimmed the article.  And jumped around.  I'm just glad they liked it.

Though I kind of wonder what the review would be like if they didin't like it... :lol:

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #83 am: Oktober 24, 2006, 07:37:56 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Radagast"
God, MettleAngel is annoying. His stupid alliteration jerkoffs pollute Metal Archives as well. 7000 words to say exactly nothing. :roll:

Have to agree. He has the dubious honour of being one of the worst reviewers around. And that's saying something, given that the vast majority of reviews on the net are pretty much useless crap.

Prab

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #84 am: Oktober 25, 2006, 08:12:37 Vormittag »
Phew the Metal Covenant review is really too much! I didn't finish it either....
Still, I added that one to the review collection in the first posting.

Yeah, most reviews online are just done by fans and not professional editors. So some are quite hard to read.

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #85 am: Oktober 26, 2006, 08:29:18 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Prab"
Yeah, most reviews online are just done by fans and not professional editors. So some are quite hard to read.

Well, it's not much of a Pro vs. Fan thing, some professional reviews are as bad as some fan ones. There are actually some non-pro people who write some of the more interesting and informed reviews. The main problem is that -be it pro or fan- most people seem to not really listen to music. I know of guys who download an album, put it on while they eat a sandwich and play a game, yet when the album ends they are ready to pass holy judgement (usually "this is crap") and move on to the next MP3s. This also applies to many of the pros who don't give the time to an album because, well, there are some other dozens of promos to go through and the review needs to get done. Then you have of course, the gimmick reviewers, the "I just pulled this fact out of my ass" reviewer, or the plain out "I like this album, it sounds cool and it rules! Get it!" kind. (Ok, I'm exaggerating on this last one :P).

Anyway, I'll probably finish my own review soon. I'll put it here accordingly, so you guys can bash it then! :mrgreen:

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #86 am: Oktober 26, 2006, 08:56:02 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Mindtraveller"
Anyway, I'll probably finish my own review soon. I'll put it here accordingly, so you guys can bash it then! :mrgreen:

We'll do that with utmost pleasure...

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #87 am: Oktober 27, 2006, 12:53:11 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "jakob_hasse"
We'll do that with utmost pleasure...  

Okie, here it is then:

This album is, in fact, labeled Power Metal. When I think of this genre of metal I think of nazi Germans dancing happily around flowers with some electric guitars, singing "Oh how much I love halloween!!" but this certainly is not the case with Falconer. I don't know why they're labeled power metal. I suppose it's the syrupy keys or silly dungeons and dragons lyrics. The vocalist has  a very unique voice, despite him having a name like Bald, and it can't quite be described. He sounds like a complete charm at times. It's like he's trying to immitate that Peter guy from Jesuschrist Superstar. This turns out rather good, however. It's a somewhat low end voice, but sensibly high pitched at times too! Not the constipation high pitch that True Heavy Metal find so beautiful and True though. It's obvious that Bald is a mighty vocalist and swordbearer supreme.

However, as unlikely as it may be, since it's so damn unnoticable with Mr. Theater Boy in the front constantly, there are other band members as well, all contributing with what they do best. Each members play their own special instrument even!! The extreme melody of this album is provided by the super duper guitarwork and keys. The riffs are totally phat. Indeed I think that this could have been death metal if Bald didn't sing so much, but instead provided a death vocal. Fortunately he doesn't do such unoriginal bullshit!

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the music in this album is catchy, yet powerful, brutal, and heavy at the same time. The end result I think is very brilliant. With this, Falconer have  released five excellent albums of truly awesome heavy metal! Go buy their albums TODAY!

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #88 am: Oktober 27, 2006, 01:10:06 Vormittag »
1. The name is Blad, not bald ^^

2. nazi Germans?  :shock:

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #89 am: Oktober 27, 2006, 03:35:35 Vormittag »
I thought nazis didn't like power metal?? Aren't they more into punk and so? What about that guy Lunikoff?