Autor Thema: Northwind Reviews  (Gelesen 26091 mal)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #30 am: September 30, 2006, 11:50:35 Vormittag »
And it's by the way also a matter of fact that Stefan doesn't play the "advanced solo stuff" himself. Remember that guy hired for lead/solo guitar? So maybe rethink the "show off" thought as well. ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

The Black Knight

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #31 am: September 30, 2006, 12:23:27 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"
And it's by the way also a matter of fact that Stefan doesn't play the "advanced solo stuff" himself. Remember that guy hired for lead/solo guitar? So maybe rethink the "show off" thought as well. ;)

Exactly.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #32 am: September 30, 2006, 01:53:17 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "w00tstick"
I understand Stefan frequently posts on the forum.  That seems to motivate the regs to be extra ignorant and extra protective.  

To think that, you couldn't have read the posts posted here in the past.
I didn't think people were 'protective', when some uttered their opinion on eg. the new vocalist or the Grime vs. Grandour album, which in my opinion really didn't have any 'Falconer' in it.
In my experience people have been good at stating their honest opinions and I think in many cases Stefan has listened to the points made and maybe taken them into consideration.
There isn't any pampering here as far as I'm concerned.

Knightmare

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #33 am: Oktober 01, 2006, 02:50:56 Nachmittag »
O' glorious ones - hearken to me!
Knoweth thee that Falconer has returned with a vengeance!
After listening to Northwind, I have once more fallen in love with Falconer's music.
I was  taken back to the times of splendor, which abrubtly came to an end with the Grime vs. Grandeur album - woe betide us all, do not make an album like that again - but you guys have really redeemed yourselves with the new record - blessed be thee!
Cheers from Denmark!  :wink:

Prab

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #34 am: Oktober 05, 2006, 10:38:25 Vormittag »
Updated the first posting with 3 new reviews that I found - BUT BEWARE fellow Falconites!!!
They are 3 BAD REVIEWS by people who can't be serious because they don't seem to be metalheads really... but read yourself guys!

Radagast

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #35 am: Oktober 05, 2006, 10:49:42 Vormittag »
The Baconmusic review describes Falconer as a "neo-classical Power Metal band." :lol: Says it all, really.

Anyway, anyone who can't get past "ZOMG THEY SING ABOUT FAIRIES AND SHIT" before writing a review should be banned from the internet. :roll:

Prab

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #36 am: Oktober 05, 2006, 11:22:26 Vormittag »
I just wonder why people who obviously have no interest in a particular kind of music bother to write a review about such a release.
I mean, I would never bother to write a review to a techno dancefloor album or something.
It's clear that the review would be shitty.

The Black Knight

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #37 am: Oktober 05, 2006, 01:04:19 Nachmittag »
LAUGH OUT LOUD

All the three reviews were funny, but Baconmusic (what a stupid name anyway) was hilarious.
Especially this line: "However, due to the one-dimensional voice of Matthias Bald and pretty average lyrical content."

1. Mathias - "one-dimensional"? Ok. I've heard a lot of silly things in my life, but that statement must be king of utter stupidity. Of course, tastes are different, but this has nothing to do with reality. He's got the most dynamic voice I've ever heard.

2. "Average lyrical content"? Ok, so we got tunes about hawks in the sky (splendid song, IMO) and fairies, but have they even tried to read the underlying (which is quite obvious although poethically hidden in a nice package) meaning of these lyrics? Apparently not.

3. Is Mathias bald!? When did he drop all his hair!?

Gosh. There are truly very silly twits out there.

Stefan W

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #38 am: Oktober 05, 2006, 04:25:07 Nachmittag »
Bad reviews are more often funnier to read than the good.
Yes, some reviewers are just down right idiots.
Still fun to read though.

The Black Knight

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #39 am: Oktober 05, 2006, 07:49:19 Nachmittag »
Absolutely! Though I think it's good to take the critics that are at least a bit constructive and make some good out of it. In these certain cases there are not much of the constructive, nor professional, bits included.

Storm

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #40 am: Oktober 05, 2006, 08:10:39 Nachmittag »
True. Critics that doesn't even like the concept of the music is nothing to listen to. They will not like it as long as it is what it is. Hehe, get my point? :)

A ctitic who likes the type of music you play is someone to listen to.

If any... In Stefans case I say, listen to yourself and the fans will like it, screw the rest. ;)

Stefan W

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #41 am: Oktober 05, 2006, 08:16:30 Nachmittag »
HAHAHA!! Well that´s not really constructive, but still good for me.

I must admit that one can be somewhat blind to ones own creation.
Sort of stuck inside the wheel.

Storm

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #42 am: Oktober 05, 2006, 08:30:02 Nachmittag »
Who said anything about constructive? ;)
What is that, can you eat it? :D

Ragnar

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #43 am: Oktober 06, 2006, 07:46:33 Nachmittag »
:evil:
This retard needs to be shot
http://www.subba-cultcha.com/article.php?id=3150

By far the fucking stupidest and immature review I've ever heard. Makes the other two new reviews look good.

Storm

• Gast
Northwind Reviews
« Antwort #44 am: Oktober 06, 2006, 07:57:57 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Ragnar"
:evil:
This retard needs to be shot
http://www.subba-cultcha.com/article.php?id=3150

By far the fucking stupidest and immature review I've ever heard. Makes the other two new reviews look good.

Yeah, he needs a proper beating for sure... That was...like the most immature review ever. Probably made by a techno-digging freak so high on acid he can´t spell his own name without a the aid in MS Words.