Autor Thema: Clipping problems?  (Gelesen 4774 mal)

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Clipping problems?
« am: September 27, 2006, 04:57:13 Vormittag »
Am I the only one experiencing audio clipping on Northwind? I've tried listening to it on three different systems - with and without phones and it's always there. :?

This is particularly noticeable during most of Jimmy's solos, although there are some other instances like at the intro of "Waltz With the Dead". :(

Perhaps I got a defective copy? Or is my hearing too sensitive?

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Re: Clipping problems?
« Antwort #1 am: September 27, 2006, 10:08:49 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Mindtraveller"
Am I the only one experiencing audio clipping on Northwind? I've tried listening to it on three different systems - with and without phones and it's always there. :?

This is particularly noticeable during most of Jimmy's solos, although there are some other instances like at the intro of "Waltz With the Dead". :(

Perhaps I got a defective copy? Or is my hearing too sensitive?

I haven't noticed anything yet, but I will try to keep my ears open...

Nightmares Desire

• Gast
Clipping problems?
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 03, 2006, 04:40:11 Nachmittag »
I havent noticed anything.  However, I cant get the bonus disk to play.  Perhaps my dvd thingy's just on a rampage again  :roll:>  It has a date with a second story window....

The Blacksmith

• Gast
Clipping problems?
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 04, 2006, 01:26:24 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Nightmares Desire"
I havent noticed anything.  However, I cant get the bonus disk to play.  Perhaps my dvd thingy's just on a rampage again  :roll:>  It has a date with a second story window....

The bonusdisk can only be played on a computer, not an standalone dvd-player

Nightmares Desire

• Gast
Clipping problems?
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 04, 2006, 02:43:28 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "The Blacksmith"
Zitat von: "Nightmares Desire"

The bonusdisk can only be played on a computer, not an standalone dvd-player

And, what program do I need?  Chances are whatever it is, I do not have it  :roll:

The Black Knight

• Gast
Clipping problems?
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 04, 2006, 07:45:47 Vormittag »
The bonus disc songs plays very well on my car stereo, my computer (Mediaplayer and iTunes) and my cd- and dvd deck.

But the video will of course not play on the dvd.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Clipping problems?
« Antwort #6 am: Oktober 04, 2006, 10:58:55 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "The Black Knight"
The bonus disc songs plays very well on my car stereo, my computer (Mediaplayer and iTunes) and my cd- and dvd deck.

Unless you have of those fancy players that can play any video file from a disc ...

The Black Knight

• Gast
Clipping problems?
« Antwort #7 am: Oktober 04, 2006, 12:31:57 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "jakob_hasse"

Unless you have of those fancy players that can play any video file from a disc ...

That would be nice, especially one of those DivX-players. But the funny (or perhaps the not very funny) thing is that the player doesn't even find the folder that the clip is in. Hmm.

Anyway. One could burn the video file on a separate CD-R and get it to play that way instead. (if that's not piracy, ha ha).

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Clipping problems?
« Antwort #8 am: Oktober 04, 2006, 12:45:43 Nachmittag »

That would be nice, especially one of those DivX-players. But the funny (or perhaps the not very funny) thing is that the player doesn't even find the folder that the clip is in. Hmm.

Anyway. One could burn the video file on a separate CD-R and get it to play that way instead. (if that's not piracy, ha ha).

Ah... because it's a 'cd-extra' with both audio tracks and a file system... technology sucks.

The Black Knight

• Gast
Clipping problems?
« Antwort #9 am: Oktober 04, 2006, 01:23:15 Nachmittag »

Ah... because it's a 'cd-extra' with both audio tracks and a file system... technology sucks.

Yeah. I thought somebody had solved that problem...

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Clipping problems?
« Antwort #10 am: Oktober 06, 2006, 11:35:56 Nachmittag »
So how the hell should the player know, whether you want to listen to the audio tracks or access the data track? It could ask... okay. ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Clipping problems?
« Antwort #11 am: Oktober 07, 2006, 12:31:00 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"
So how the hell should the player know, whether you want to listen to the audio tracks or access the data track? It could ask... okay. ;)

I think even using the DVD-player as CD-player is totally gay!
There's is no such thing as "home cinema" anyway, so quit combining everything into one crappy multimediacenter! I hate that shit and I hate THX.