Autor Thema: Duet  (Gelesen 3038 mal)

Nainiriel

• Gast
Duet
« am: Oktober 08, 2006, 05:25:24 Nachmittag »
Of course I'm as happy as everyone that Mathias is back but Kristoffer is still a great singer, and even if he's no Mathias he did pull through in his own way. I would like Stefan to write a piece that incorporates both styles (it works for dimmu borgir, right?). I think it could be really cool to hear them both in action at the same time... what do you guys think?

Stefan, du har väl inte dissat Stoffe totalt hoppas jag?

jakob_hasse

• Gast
Re: Duet
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 08, 2006, 06:28:00 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Nainiriel"
Of course I'm as happy as everyone that Mathias is back but Kristoffer is still a great singer, and even if he's no Mathias he did pull through in his own way. I would like Stefan to write a piece that incorporates both styles (it works for dimmu borgir, right?). I think it could be really cool to hear them both in action at the same time... what do you guys think?

Stefan, du har väl inte dissat Stoffe totalt hoppas jag?

I think it would happen as it happened on sceptre, Mathias would totally outshine Kristoffer ... There isn't much idea in a duet if the parts aren't equally talented.

Han var sjovt nok ikke med, da de andre kom på besøg i bonusvideoen...

Prab

• Gast
Duet
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 08, 2006, 06:38:54 Nachmittag »
Hey hey... the idea is not that bad actually.

Both voices can be used very differently.
Kristoffer and Mathias as two different characters as in Sceptre, or as two forces of nature or seasons (summer and winter).
Or a concept song with the subject of "conscience" or "bad conscience". One of them singing the "angel" part, the one who tries to keep evil away, who tries to appeal to reason. The other one singing the "devil" part, the one who is luring with ambivalent offers, who is trying to deceive and tempt.

Just a spontaneous idea that came to my mind right now... :)

Nainiriel

• Gast
Duet
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 08, 2006, 07:25:55 Nachmittag »
I don't think equality is always  the best way to go. When I want to pursue something I don't look for role models but I try to walk my own path. (as an aspiring game developer) I don't know if Stefan had the time and patience to completely change his style of writing to suit Kristoffer (probably not) I just think he was way better than many metal vocalists in sweden and we shouldn't try to make him a new Mathias because that's not possible...

Anyway, I'm not a hardcore fan so I don't  know everything but how can someone succeed if they are comepared to their predecessors... I still like theatre of tragedy from the mid nineties and blind guardian so my taste might be totally fucked up.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Duet
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 08, 2006, 09:30:40 Nachmittag »
If you want to hear Mathias and Kristoffer both singing, listen to Sceptre. ;)

Personally, I'd rather hear Matthias sing with Roy Khan.  That would be an auditory orgasm.