Autor Thema: Computer Games you play?  (Gelesen 14812 mal)

Stormrider

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« am: Dezember 03, 2004, 10:24:59 Vormittag »
since noone has covered that yet, I might aswell start the topic :)
Besides my love for music I have a neversaturated lust for computer games... I am mostly a first person shooter freak with Quake1/3 and HalfLife being my favs but recently I got Warhammer 40000 Dawn Of War and I am completely consumed by it!  It is a Strategy game placed in the warhammer 40k universe if you know it. Other games I play is Sid Meirs Pirates! (LOADS of fun) and need for speed underground 2 (hey! Fast cars, fast women! need I say more? :D )
What about you guys/gals?

gargantouas

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #1 am: Dezember 03, 2004, 10:40:08 Vormittag »
Hehehehe, we had this topic on the previous board somewhere. I love computer games and I am an addictive person.
 I personnally love the D&D games with the top being Baldur;'s Gate (the foirst one). Not only the gameplay, the storyline but also the music is wonderful on that. So all the infinite engine games by black isle are great.
 I love the soccer games of course, CM, Fifa etc...some strategy like Pirates,Satrcarft  as well hehehehehe
 Last but not least, clever adventure games like Gabriel knight 3 etc are very good also...

Virvatuli

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #2 am: Dezember 03, 2004, 12:43:50 Nachmittag »
hmmh... Never been into computer games so much ^^ but I sure would like to try Terry Pratchetts Discworld on pc... D&D? Hmmh.. Baldur's gate was okay... Fantasygames are so nice in any form :) Guess Im such a fantasyfreak that I'll like anything concerned...

Souleraser

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #3 am: Dezember 03, 2004, 02:27:48 Nachmittag »
Nice topic which really hadn't been covered before.
My favourite games:
- Call of Duty & United Offensive
- Medal of Honor (used to be Allied Assault, since the release it is Pacific Assault)
- Panzers
- FarCry
- Warcraft III

TexJoachim

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #4 am: Dezember 03, 2004, 02:35:33 Nachmittag »
While not running Linux I enjoyed:

-Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, Manic Mansion
-Age of Empires, Age of Kings
-the Tex Murphy adventures
-Doom and Duke Nukem 3D
-StarCraft

Greetz,

Tex

Mas

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #5 am: Dezember 03, 2004, 08:42:46 Nachmittag »
i still play my Nintendo Nes 8bit, Mario 1, 2, and 3 , i have the nintendo64 and gamboy too, but the Nes is the best game i play.

Fred304

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #6 am: Dezember 04, 2004, 03:40:45 Nachmittag »
Diablo

K. Beckman

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #7 am: Dezember 04, 2004, 03:43:57 Nachmittag »
Battlefield Vietnam
Return to castle wolfenstein
CS
Unreal tournament 2003
MOHAA

The Metal RN

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #8 am: Dezember 04, 2004, 04:57:24 Nachmittag »
I sure wish that i had more time to play video games again, (maybe when school is done with) but some that I have enjoyed over the years have been,
Baldur's Gate and any other role playing game, I remember The Bard's Tale from the 80's man that was awesome!!!!!!!!
Mario Bros (NES ruled!!!!!)
Grand Turismo 1 and 2
Grand Theft Auto, Vice City
Metal Gear Solid
The Bond Games, I love Player vs Player mode, fun,fun,fun killing your friends!!!!

I also joke that when I get my big screen plasma TV The first thing that I am going to do is hook up my old Atari 2600 and play asteroids!!!!!

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #9 am: Dezember 04, 2004, 05:38:18 Nachmittag »
If I ever have time ---

American McGee's Alice

I just love the graphics, and it is such a dark and twisted Alice in Wonderland.

The Metal RN

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #10 am: Dezember 04, 2004, 05:41:26 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
If I ever have time ---

American McGee's Alice

I just love the graphics, and it is such a dark and twisted Alice in Wonderland.

This game is awesome, just what I thought Wonderland would really be like!

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #11 am: Dezember 04, 2004, 06:42:18 Nachmittag »
Well, since some years I don't play regularly anymore - no time and other interests (hey, I could play some time per day, if I abandone this server with B4M, the boards and everything around... hmmm....  :twisted: kidding....).

My time as a computer player started after C64 & Co. on a Schneider CPC. Anyway, most enjoyable were or are:

DooM I + II - there is a greatly improved version of DooM II called Legacy DooM featuring looking up and down, multiplayer over up-to-date networks (not only Novell's IPX oder direct modem stuff, although playing all 30 levels of DooM II in cooperative mode with a friend of mine over modem for nights and nights REALLY ROCKED!)

Wolfenstein was prohibited, but that only improved its 'charm'. ;) And what was the name of that other one... errrm.... ROTT oder ROTH was the abbrevation... can't remember at the moment.

Duke Nukem 3D also rocked (his comments, of course - just quoted one, but erased it again, too rude for public ;) ), I didn't like Quake in the beginning, but it's okay as well.

Then came the real time strategics like Command & Conquer, Red Alert, Warcraft III, Starcraft and minor others. We had night-long battles with those as well as Quake III, Unreal and of course the magnificient CounterStrike! Dude, those were some nights! Brutal and everlasting, tense as hell and with really sensational stunts and strategic moves at times. Everybody in the room calling commands to his team mates (up to 16 people fighting in CS and trying to figure out who the hell has the flag at the moment and where is our flag and ... damn, got shot again! hehehe), everybody staring on his screen and fighting his way through enemy lines. Ahhhh, yes, I miss those parties, but I wouldn't like to attend todays lan parties, because I am way out of training and don't have the needed hardware for recent games as well.

The last game I played from beginning to end was Mafia - veeeeery cool as well. Else.. hmmm, Diablo II is great still. Played it with my girlfriend over our little network often, we were really good. The Sims are good for some fun as well. I did not make it far in Baldur's Gate I + II, because of lacking time already, the same for Gothic II, C&C Generals, Red Alert II, Max Payne II and some others. *sigh*

Since we have a XBox, we played a lot of Dead or Alive III, I played Insight NBA (didn't do so for some months again :( ) and two or three other games we bought as well.

Hm, now this looks like I played a lot, doesn't it? And I even forgot the nice Black & White and of course stuff like The 7th Guest (first computer game with real videos!), The 11th Hour, Wing Commander (part 3 or 4 with Mark Hamill!), Decent 1-3, Terminal Velocity, Stonekeep, Commander Keen (whoohoo!!) and a bunch of others, I think.

Has anybody played Realms Of The Haunting? I bought that one, because it had such a mystic looking packaging, started it and was caught. It is not brilliant in graphics or other technical stuff, but it has the most dense atmosphere I ever experienced. It took looooooong to get through it - and I even don't remember if I ever really finished it. I sold it sometime, but later bought it again, because I remembered the fears and tense atmosphere I had had with it. Didn't get over the first rooms this time, but not because of lacking time in the first place, but simply because I couldn't solve it anymore, hahah!

okay, so far for now from me.  :lol:
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Souleraser

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #12 am: Dezember 04, 2004, 06:58:28 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"

Wolfenstein was prohibited, but that only improved its 'charm'. ;)

I believe it was on the index, not prohibited.

And what was the name of that other one... errrm.... ROTT oder ROTH was the abbrevation... can't remember at the moment.

ROTT = Rise of The Triad ;)
Damned, that was one brutal game back in those days. Flying eyeballs and arms and stuff after one hit the enemy with a rocket launcher... Really bloody compared to the usual stuff.

Duke Nukem 3D also rocked

Yeah, a nice one though the biggest positive aspect was indeed the cool character of Duke himself and it was helpful to know him from former Jump'n'Run-times...

I didn't like Quake in the beginning, but it's okay as well.

To me, Quake, like almost all other games from ID Software was a real pain in the ass. Running through endless labyrinths, regularly ending up in dead ends...
They definitely sucked in level design - and looking at Doom3 they didn't learn anything in the past 15 years. Those games might be funny for multiplayers, but in single player mode the level design is desperately frustrating.

Wing Commander (part 3 or 4 with Mark Hamill!),

Mark Hamill was the player's character in "Heart of the tiger" (Pt. 3), "The price of Freedom" (Pt. 4) and he was there in "Prophecy" (Pt. 5), though he wasn't the player's character anymore.

Decent 1-3,

I believe it is "Descent" :)

Terminal Velocity,

That one used to have great graphics back in those days.

Commander Keen (whoohoo!!)

I received one of the games from that series with my first Gravis Gamepad. I believe that one used to have EGA-graphics (4 colors or something?).
Well, one day, when we're about 70 years old, we'll be thinking about this and definitely call it a waste of time... ;)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #13 am: Dezember 04, 2004, 07:09:57 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "AoP"

There used to be endless discussions about this and similar topics years ago already. Doom was on the index, Wolfenstein has been prohibited ever since, because of the explicit nazi stuff.

And what was the name of that other one... errrm.... ROTT oder ROTH was the abbrevation... can't remember at the moment.

ROTT = Rise of The Triad ;)
Damned, that was one brutal game back in those days. Flying eyeballs and arms and stuff after one hit the enemy with a rocket launcher... Really bloody compared to the usual stuff.

Yes, that's it then! :) :)

To me, Quake, like almost all other games from ID Software was a real pain in the ass. Running through endless labyrinths, regularly ending up in dead ends...
They definitely sucked in level design - and looking at Doom3 they didn't learn anything in the past 15 years. Those games might be funny for multiplayers, but in single player mode the level design is desperately frustrating.

Their hardware requirements are the main pain in the ass for me...

Decent 1-3,

I believe it is "Descent" :)

Yes, of course.

Commander Keen (whoohoo!!)

I received one of the games from that series with my first Gravis Gamepad. I believe that one used to have EGA-graphics (4 colors or something?).
Well, one day, when we're about 70 years old, we'll be thinking about this and definitely call it a waste of time... ;)

I think I played part 4 for months and years. Even Heart Of Darkness could not live up to the fun later on - although it took 6 years for that one to be produced. :(
No, Commander Keen was really great. :)

There are more, I only remember images/screens/stuff of, but not the titles. Demolition Race or something, POD Race/Racing was cool as well. Ahhhh, can't remember all of them.
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Souleraser

• Gast
Computer Games you play?
« Antwort #14 am: Dezember 04, 2004, 07:33:46 Nachmittag »

There used to be endless discussions about this and similar topics years ago already. Doom was on the index, Wolfenstein has been prohibited ever since, because of the explicit nazi stuff.

Well, it's not that easy after all.
I remember reading endless discussions on that topic in the PC Games and of course several games getting compared to "Hundefelsen 4E" ('Dog rock 4E' or sth).
And just have a look:
http://www.bpjm.com/ipc_04.htm
There appear to be at least 2 different decisions, one placing it on the index and one complete prohibiting it.

Their hardware requirements are the main pain in the ass for me...

I know why you feel like that. I didn't spend too much time on their games for obvious reasons, therefore I never cared about that too much and when I finally got to play their games, my hardware used to perform on a satisfying level.