Autor Thema: Your First Falconer Song  (Gelesen 20956 mal)

Spawnie

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« am: November 22, 2006, 04:37:23 Nachmittag »
So, what song sparked your addiction, and how did you come across said song?

I was at a friends house one night and he sat me next to a guy named Mike. All he said was "Here she is Mike." He imediatly started battling it out with me. LotR trivia, Zelda trivia, and Iron Maiden trivia (I was winning*lol*) So after he deemed I was "good enough" we started talking. From Iron Maiden we started talking about other bands. So we randomly started spouting off different bands "Sentenced" "Opeth" Manowar" ect. Then I came to "Nightwish" he said... "Nope... Okay Falconer" I said, "Oh, you got me there" His eyes LIT up and he said "OH MAN! You haven't LIVED!" I giggled as he frantically scrolled through his iPod. He shoved the earbuds in my ears and I was taken on an INCREDABLE journey into the world of Falconer.

He did tell me the name of the song, but with all the info we had traded in the past two hours still buzzing in my head, I forgot the name of the song. I haven't seen or spoken to that guy since, and It took me 2 weeks into having all the Falconer albums (which I bought them all in a matter of days LOL) That I re-discovered my poison.

Wings of Serenity

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #1 am: November 22, 2006, 05:27:33 Nachmittag »
Honestly, I don't remember!

I do know it was something off the s/t album, because a friend of mine had the whole thing on his computer and sent it to me.  I immediately bought as much Falconer as was available at the time after hearing the music. :)

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #2 am: November 22, 2006, 07:01:06 Nachmittag »
My first Falconer song was Mindtraveller. That was really a day that changed my life. I hadn't even listened to any Metal before. I was at a friend's house and we were listening to the magazine cd from the latest Metal Hammer. Mindtraveller was on it and it just blew me away. I insisted we listen to it over and over again... and well I ended up buying all the albums and becoming their No 1 fan.  :twisted:

Mindtraveller

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #3 am: November 22, 2006, 08:07:20 Nachmittag »
During the mid-late 90s I used to post on a black / death metal board called "Beyond Death". It was one of those forums that still used Matt's WWWBoard script. It was there that I first heard about Mithotyn splitting up; it was bad news, but upon visiting the band's site I recall reading that Weinerhall was going to continue making music, although closer to the more traditional side of metal, the band was going to be called Blacksmith.

Time went by, and after a long wait, a guy who went by the name of Dagon posted a message on "Beyond Death", saying that there was a Falconer (ex-Mithotyn) song posted online, so I downloaded it, it was the demo version of "Mindtraveller", and I really liked it a lot (this was around mid-late 2000, if I recall correctly). After that it was just a matter of time to wait for the album to be released, but I kept listening to the song and thinking "this band has got *it*", if you know what I mean. :mrgreen:

cuauhtle

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #4 am: November 23, 2006, 01:31:06 Vormittag »
My first Falconer song is The Clarion Call. I had found the song 1 day before the University Entrance Exam and it played in my brain for 3 hours during the exam (: .

Conclusion: stay away from falconer b4 taking exams :p

<Horus-Nikopol>

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #5 am: November 23, 2006, 07:43:14 Vormittag »
On the contrary - I was listening to Falconer 24/7 like a madman the entire week when I was studying super hard for my graduation exams - with enormous success! The music really lifted up my spirit during the arduous learning process.

Radagast

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #6 am: November 23, 2006, 03:12:46 Nachmittag »
My first Falconer song was "Upon the Grave of Guilt." I realised they were the band for me at the "in the sacred corridors,/evil is set free/lurking among the shadows of the monastery" part of Heresy in Disguise. :D

The Black Knight

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #7 am: November 24, 2006, 07:35:45 Vormittag »
It was in June 2003. Me and two other loonies sat in a car on our way to the Iron Maiden gig on Stockholm Stadion, and we had chosen 20 favourite metal tracks each which we played randomly. There were a lot of classics and we sang along in a joyful manner as these moments in life craves. Suddenly, "We sold our homesteads" appeared and hit me like a sledgehammer.
A week or so after this, I heard the two first albums and that was a kind of a turning point in my music taste, to say the least.

Prab

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #8 am: November 24, 2006, 09:14:13 Vormittag »
It was back in the end of 2002.
I remember reading the signature of another member in an Ultima Online forum.
It said
"np 'Falconer - The Clarion Call'".

I didn't pay much attention to that at first. But that bandname and the title of that song somehow stuck to my memory.

Some days later I was looking for some new metal stuff - I was kinda new to power metal at that point - and I remembered Falconer.

Well from the moment I heard Clarion Call and the rest of the second and the first album, I was totally awestruck.

That's how I became a Falconite :)

Ancient Minstrel

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #9 am: November 24, 2006, 04:30:05 Nachmittag »
I probably heard of Falconer for the first time in another band's official forum, I am not sure about which band though. Then I checked them out on Metal Archives and when I read the reviews there I felt that I had to hear the music. So I downloaded :oops: the demo-version of Mindtraveller and first I thought that it had some interesting parts and a medieval feeling, but not so much more. At that time the metal bands I was listening to were few compared to today (mainly Hammerfall and Luca Turilli and a couple of songs from famous bands). But as I listened to Mindtraveller a few more times I was convinced and I started to love it. Therefore I have a special relationship to the demo version of the song, even though I find the album version better.

terroxxx

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: November 24, 2006, 08:07:29 Nachmittag »
yea, my first song was enter the lade i think... i was kinda profile-surfing on some national myspace-ripoff, and there i saw som realy hot chick having falconer on a list of band she liked... at that time i was kinda into metallica and some ozzy:S and she had them there as well... so i thought i'd check it out. after downloading, i had 2 go 2 soccer practice, so i only heard that song once. comming home from practise, me and my friend found enter the glade going on constant repeet. we went MENTAL! we bouth loved it sp friggin much, we danced around in my little room in ouer swet clothes  and played airguitar and hedbang 2 the break of dawn! the next day, lots of more songs were located on my computer an 2 weeks later the package with all (at that time) 4 CD's came... I'v been blessed ever sence!

Spawnie

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #11 am: November 24, 2006, 11:27:45 Nachmittag »
Wow, those are some kick butt stories! VERY cool...

terroxxx

• Gast
XD
« Antwort #12 am: November 24, 2006, 11:58:54 Nachmittag »
yea, i know! i think my was kinda gay though:S

haha:P

Storm

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #13 am: November 25, 2006, 12:26:36 Nachmittag »
Well, my ex Girlfriend played "En Kungen Man" for me, an old swedish tune she and I often sang together back in the days when we where dating. Well, her new boyfriend had tought her to listen to Falconer, so she thought I must be enlightened to. I must admit i turned the song off after only a 20 seconds or so, and told it was some cheezy crap she listened to. :) She got somewhat pissed at me and for a nearly a half year we didn't speak of it anymore.

Well, a at a party where she and her new boyfriend was, as well as I, about 6 month later we got to talk about it again. She claimed I hadn't given falconer a chance, and when her boyfriend, also a friend of mine, heard that he told me to shut up and follow him to the stereo. He put on the Chapters abum and after a few tunes I was addicted as ever before. I regret even to this day that I did not listen past the first 20 seconds the first time I heard them.

Well, this was my Falconer story. :)

cuauhtle

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #14 am: November 25, 2006, 06:48:49 Nachmittag »
wow this one is most interesting one i think (: