Autor Thema: Your First Falconer Song  (Gelesen 20867 mal)

Incant8rix

• Gast
Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #30 am: Januar 30, 2007, 11:50:52 Vormittag »
I was introduced to Falconer a couple of years ago by my ex boyfriend, he lived in another country so we used to talk and share stuff over the internet to begin, before we met in real life. he used to send me one song from each of the bands he thought I might like. most of the stuff I didnt like that much, but then he sent me Mindtraveller from Falconer and I LOVED it, so I immediately ordered the album and have every album now. Its quite difficult to get hold of the CDs here, but the internet is a great invention :D

No one i knew had heard of Falconer, but I have changed that, now there is quite a few fans in my town, and growing all the time

Kitiara

• Gast
Re: Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #31 am: September 21, 2007, 09:03:48 Vormittag »
Per Tyrssons Döttrar was the first song I have heard from Falconer.

lost

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: September 26, 2007, 11:12:04 Nachmittag »
My first song was Upon The Grave Of Guilt. It was 3 or 4 month ago. I read about the Falconer at other forum , and it became interesting to me, I do not know why.I listened  first album, then other, and I loved it   :bangersmiley:. I haven't own CD while (I haven't found here), but i ordered it in internet and i hope get it soon. I would like to see their live. But I doubt, that they will be sometime in Russia  :icon_cry: :wand:
Sorry, my English is terrible.

FalconerFuckinRulez

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: Oktober 10, 2007, 01:10:32 Nachmittag »
my first falconer song was enter the glade. my boyfriend asked me if i want to hear his favourite song when we were about 2 months together or something like that.
he showed me enter the glade and i had to borrow the cd from him and listen it 24/7 .

He once borrowed the cd from a classmate (at the time he showed me the song he was at a university ;-) ) and i think he never gave it back  ;-)

dirge

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: Oktober 14, 2007, 02:07:41 Nachmittag »
Enter The Glade was mine.

MegaJos

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: August 26, 2008, 12:58:40 Vormittag »
So, what song sparked your addiction, and how did you come across said song?

I was at a friends house one night and he sat me next to a guy named Mike. All he said was "Here she is Mike." He imediatly started battling it out with me. LotR trivia, Zelda trivia, and Iron Maiden trivia (I was winning*lol*) So after he deemed I was "good enough" we started talking. From Iron Maiden we started talking about other bands. So we randomly started spouting off different bands "Sentenced" "Opeth" Manowar" ect. Then I came to "Nightwish" he said... "Nope... Okay Falconer" I said, "Oh, you got me there" His eyes LIT up and he said "OH MAN! You haven't LIVED!" I giggled as he frantically scrolled through his iPod. He shoved the earbuds in my ears and I was taken on an INCREDABLE journey into the world of Falconer.

He did tell me the name of the song, but with all the info we had traded in the past two hours still buzzing in my head, I forgot the name of the song. I haven't seen or spoken to that guy since, and It took me 2 weeks into having all the Falconer albums (which I bought them all in a matter of days LOL) That I re-discovered my poison.

Wings of Serenity

The first song I heard by Falconer was the demo of "Mindtraveller" but I got really hooked when "Upon the grave of guilt" was put up on the homepage. I think I found Falconer through Mithotyn which has been a bit of a favourite for a while.

Nyholm

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: August 26, 2008, 08:30:06 Nachmittag »
Per Tyrssons Döttrar I Vänge  ;D

Knox

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: August 27, 2008, 11:09:49 Vormittag »
the clarion call whas mine :bangersmiley:

Falconer_Fan

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: Februar 09, 2009, 12:00:52 Nachmittag »
Um... I dont know my first falconer music... I remember that I was listen to many Falconer musics when my dad, my brother and I were out for driving. But I cant remember... But I only rememeber that the first album I was listen to was... What the?! I forgot that album. Well, well... I know self which it is... I can tell you guys later...  :suicidal_smiley:

Jophelerx

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: Februar 11, 2009, 01:28:49 Vormittag »
Well, last year, I was on my eternal quest for good power metal after hearing and falling in love with Dragonforce.  I saw Falconer and I looked them up on YouTube and heard the Clarion Call; thought it was okay but didn't give it much of a chance and basically discarded Falconer for awhile.  Then one of my friends came over and we were looking up music and I remembered Falconer; we listened to the Clarion Call again, and Enter the Glade, and I don't remember what else- that's when it hit me how good Falconer was, and I've been a fan since.

joran

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: Februar 20, 2009, 08:12:41 Vormittag »
Upon the Grave of Guilt was my first song.
I don't remember exactly, those days are a bit "foggy" but it was something like this:

Karsten is an old friend of mine so over a few(?) beers he told me that they had this new band going.
Ofcourse I was a curious and bought the album as soon it was released and it was so spot on!
Really love the sound of Falconer, always have, always will!  :bangersmiley:

Bebbanburg

• Gast
« Antwort #41 am: Februar 20, 2009, 06:45:17 Nachmittag »
         Took me a while to come across Falconer. I live in the UK and struggle to find decent music; or at least decent new metal groups. I am heavily reliant on the internet to find new groups and to purchase their music. Things like MetalHammer's "Battle Metal" CD series are of great use – has Falconer appeared on any of these yet? The other way is that I go to Wiki and look at the lists that other bands that I like appear in and then listening to few tracks using myspace/youtube – I really am not going to find music I like in normal music shops in the UK, so I have to "research" my music and play.com is my friend

I found Falconer by looking at 'folk metal' groups – I went through each one, visiting their myspace site and/or other fan sites. What interested me about Falconer was that they were described something like as having been a black/viking metal band that then went out of their way to get a good singer (which I know now was referring to Mithotyn). I like melodic groups like Kamelot, Blind Guardian and I also love the speed/heavy riffs/guitars of groups like Children of Bodom, Svartsot, Ensiferum and Thryfing, but not the singing, so to find a band that could combine the two was like manna from heaven. Went to the myspace site, listened to about ten seconds of "Clarion Call"; and immediately thought "Yes!".   :bangersmiley:

Some groups grow on you; others you just know straightaway.

Thank god for the internet eh?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: Februar 20, 2009, 11:16:06 Nachmittag »
Aren't you glad I put Falconer on Myspace?  ;D

tuby_boulin@hotmail.com

• Gast
« Antwort #43 am: März 01, 2009, 01:20:32 Vormittag »
The same as you, TS. Wings of Serenity.

I was on the ultimate-guitar metal forum, looking through the power metal thread/suggestion thread and someone mentioned Falconer, so I go to youtube and bam. New favourite Power Metal band.

Falconer_Fan

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: März 04, 2009, 11:42:53 Vormittag »
I remember my first album now! What stupid I am! it was "Chapters from a vale Forlorn"  :bangersmiley: