Autor Thema: Your First Falconer Song  (Gelesen 20924 mal)

RedFox742

• Gast
Re: Your First Falconer Song
« Antwort #45 am: März 04, 2009, 04:47:05 Nachmittag »
I honestly don't know what my first one was. I got Falconer, Chapters, and Northwind from a friend and played them all through straight as background music while I was doing some menial task.

I wasn't listening very hard, but I do remember dropping everything about 30 seconds into The Clarion Call and saying, "okay, THIS one I'm listening to intently."

The rest sort of followed. :p

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #46 am: März 06, 2009, 02:41:07 Vormittag »
I do remember dropping everything about 30 seconds into The Clarion Call and saying, "okay, THIS one I'm listening to intently."

Easy to do with that song.  My mom heard that song for the first time when we were on our way to the Mall.  She just sort of said "WOAH" and the proceeded to crank up the music. :D

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #47 am: März 06, 2009, 08:08:37 Vormittag »
Clarion Call was my first Falconer song too!
Oh how often I listened to the first two albums.. billions of times :)

RaceWithTheFalcons

• Gast
« Antwort #48 am: Mai 21, 2009, 11:34:15 Nachmittag »
Upon The Grave of Guilt.

A friend of mine who is also into power metal said they were his favorite band, so I looked up the first song on their first album (they only had 2 or 3 at the time) and started listening. At first I thought, hey, this is cool. Then the vocals came on and I think I said out loud "what the f---", but in a good way. It was a style of singing that was unlike anything I've heard in metal before. It threw me off so much, I stopped listening for a while. Then I decided to give them another shot and they have been my favorite band ever since.

Kursch

• Gast
« Antwort #49 am: Mai 28, 2009, 01:36:56 Vormittag »
Well, lets see...
The very first Falconer song I heard was the Grime vs Grandeur "Emotional Skies", and that was about 3 years ago. I was checking my uncle's old Hit Parader, Kerrang! and Rock Hard magazines that I borrowed from him, and I came across with an edition of Rock Hard where Ozzy featured in the cover, from the year 2001. I was reading the CD Reviews section, and among other bands I saw the all mighty cover of Falconer first album, Falconer... Immediately I "fell in love" with the picture of the mysterious man holding the falcon, I didn't need even to read the review to decide to listen to that band.
I live in Mexico, and in case you didn't know, buying or getting albums of european metal bands is HARD as the fucking HELL for the mexican metal maniacs, so after a long, exhaustive search I found that only song in a website. I listened to it and, well, I liked it but something inside me told me that maybe that wasn't a Falconer song, I mean, that powerful album cover couldn't have lazy songs like "Emotional Skies".
So, I surfed once more in the web, and found the official Falconer site, where I could check all the current band status and albums, and well, now I knew who Mathias and Kristoffer were, and then I grew determined to get all the band's albums.
It took me about two and a half years to get all the albums, some of them I got through a cousin that lives in the USA, some I made them sent to me shipped from France, where one aunt lives... Now I own the six band's cds, and I'm waiting for the seventh...
Costed me a almost all of my livesavings, but what the hell, it's Falconer...

And, as I guess for reading the other posts all the other Falconer fans, the thing that caught my attention to a point of stop doing what I was doing and listen very carefully, was Mathias voice... And well, that plus the combination of Jimmy guitarwork and Stefan lyrics, is just the perfect combination...
« Letzte Änderung: Mai 28, 2009, 01:41:04 Vormittag von Kursch »

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #50 am: Mai 28, 2009, 12:05:27 Nachmittag »

@Kursch

Hey there, and welcome to the boards :D
Awesome story that you wrote about how you got to know Falconer!
It's always inspiring to see how dedicated other Falconites are.
So have a lot of fun and enjoy your time here :)

Greetz
Prab

Horus-Nikopol

• Gast
« Antwort #51 am: Mai 28, 2009, 01:14:17 Nachmittag »
I agree wholeheartedly. Welcome to the Fellowship of Falconer!
It warms my heart everytime I read such enthusiastic words from a newbie. It reminds me how utterly blown away I was when I had just discovered Falconer, especially since I, too, bumped into my first Falconer song unexpectedly on a magazine CD. It was Mindtraveler, and boy, did my mind start wandering from there!  :biggrin:
« Letzte Änderung: Mai 28, 2009, 01:15:59 Nachmittag von <Horus-Nikopol> »