Autor Thema: Where are all the second hand shops gone?  (Gelesen 5480 mal)

JoS

• Gast
Where are all the second hand shops gone?
« am: Januar 30, 2007, 04:32:26 Nachmittag »
Well, I visited the Telök, a second CD Shop, today and stayed about 50 minutes, While listening to two CD's I asked myself: Where are all the Second Shops gone?
Standing around, having a headphone on that doesn't work without problems and listening to trance music in the backround doesn't really make as much fun as buying CD's should make.
Well, what I wanted to ask: Are there somewhere still good CD shops, where you can sit down on a couch and drink a cup of coffee while you listen to some CD's (or LP's) that you maybe want to buy? If it's like this, I got to go there...

Offline Opa Steve

• Administrator
  • Glorious Metalhead
Re: Where are all the second hand shops gone?
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 30, 2007, 05:53:56 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "JoS"
Are there somewhere still good CD shops, where you can sit down on a couch and drink a cup of coffee while you listen to some CD's (or LP's) that you maybe want to buy? If it's like this, I got to go there...

Here in Koblenz was a nice small shop called "H2O". I don't know if it still exists - may be killed by eBay (like all the others)....  :(

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 30, 2007, 09:33:19 Nachmittag »
Ah, the Telök.
The one in Essen? If so, you might want to visit the only other 2nd hand CD shop I know of in Essen. It is located near the Viehofer Platz, Schützenbahn.
Small store next to a pub.

What killed them is easy to say: eBay. You make more money by selling your stuff directly and cut out the middle man. Also, some 2nd hand shops sell CDs via eBay, too.

Greetz,

Tex

JoS

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Februar 01, 2007, 11:55:45 Vormittag »
I was talking about the Telök in Gelsenkirchen...well, I heart about this shop in Essen...I just don't find the time to go there. But as I've seen it from the outside it didn't seem that comfortable ;)

Tydirium

• Gast
At close quarters JoS ;-)
« Antwort #4 am: September 17, 2007, 11:38:13 Vormittag »
In Dortmund (close to Gelsenkirchen) is a CD/LP shop that might be in line with your description.
For the most part they sell Hard'n Heavy stuff. I dunno if there is a couch to perch on ;-)

I don't remeber the shop's name but it's close to the main railroad station!

TexJoachim

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: September 17, 2007, 01:20:26 Nachmittag »
This sounds like Idiots Records.

Greetz,

Tex

JoS

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: September 17, 2007, 04:22:52 Nachmittag »
Yes, I think he's talking abou Idiots Records, next to the Cafe Banane. But they don't sell Second Hand stuff, I thought

Tydirium

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: September 17, 2007, 04:30:37 Nachmittag »
They do!  :coolgr:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #8 am: September 26, 2007, 05:01:41 Nachmittag »
Why don't all you Ruhrpottlers come over to the German board? ;)

Welcome about, Tydirium!
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory