Autor Thema: Music other than metal  (Gelesen 14907 mal)

Virvatuli

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #15 am: September 22, 2004, 09:05:35 Nachmittag »
I am so baddie that I listen even to popmusic, if it's good. But mainly besides metal I listen to some wannabemiddleage music... and finnish rock ^^

gargantouas

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #16 am: September 23, 2004, 01:04:35 Nachmittag »
Well I guess listening to whatever pleases my ear, even if this is Rotting Christ or Amom Amarth to Billy Joel or the Perfect Storm soundtrack....I believe no one can ever listen to only one kind of music...

grym

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #17 am: September 23, 2004, 02:14:01 Nachmittag »
If you do only listen to one kind of music then you need to get out more  :tongue:

SweetConnie

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #18 am: September 29, 2004, 03:56:39 Vormittag »
Yep-I listen to ALL genres of Music-even *GASP* Country! :D
Some genres I like more than others, of course. My favorite genre is Power Metal and Speed Metal.  I also enjoy the likes of Barry Manilow, Elton John,&Phil Collins&Chicago. *Don't run me out on a rail, please?*:lol: And, I really like some of the oldies of 1960s-1990s. :)

Avricha

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #19 am: Oktober 06, 2004, 09:56:57 Nachmittag »
Besides Metal I, too, like Gregorian chants, very few pop musicians, country, folk, oldie stuff and classical.
I absolutely detest rap & hip hop, techno, German Volksmusik and most of the so called "up to date" pop music.

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #20 am: Oktober 06, 2004, 10:33:50 Nachmittag »
The time, place and company matters --

I love classical, opera or  maybe baroque, on a quiet Sunday morning while reading the paper  and sipping coffee/tea perhaps by the fireplace.

But if I'm in a dance club techno or house music is fun, though I would almost never listen to it outside of that atmosphere.

I listen (with headphones) to speed metal and death metal when inputting at my computer at work. It  works well to put me in the sort of trance state of mind that I need to block everything else out and just  let my fingers fly.  

I can even appreciate my son Rap and HipHop at times..new Eminem is out and I find him fun, very cleaver and talented with lyrics/rhyming.

I really love Blues (and some types of Jazz) which is really where Rock---->Hard Rock---> Metal  came from.  

Anything that's got electric guitar gets a listen, I just drool over awesome guitar. And I love keyboards too......I think I've gone on long enough.

Recently I've been listening to Jet, love their whole CD Get Born. I think it may end up on my all time favorite CD list. Right now I'm listening to  Bowling for Soup (yeah, I know sounds like every other pop punk band)  but I like it and I get a kick out of the song 1984!

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Music other than metal
« Antwort #21 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 11:36:00 Vormittag »
Being in a danceclub or disco atmosphere at all is the initial error already...  :roll:

No comment about the rest...  :wink:
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #22 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 04:18:10 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"
Being in a danceclub or disco atmosphere at all is the initial error already...  :roll:
No comment about the rest...  :wink:

No comment? Laughing too hard to type a reply or just disappointed? Hey, 90% of the music I listen to IS metal. Can I still keep my nickname? Or are you going to rename me something like "Disco Chick".  :lol:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Music other than metal
« Antwort #23 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 04:24:48 Nachmittag »
Something to think of, indeed...  :wink:

I am not the one to judge you for your tastes - it's your own life...  :P
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

TexJoachim

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #24 am: Oktober 07, 2004, 07:46:05 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"

Or are you going to rename me something like "Disco Chick".  :lol:

Was that a wish?
:)

Greetz,

Tex

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #25 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 12:26:12 Vormittag »
No Tex, No!!!

Metal

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #26 am: Oktober 08, 2004, 05:54:02 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
No Tex, No!!!
HAHAHA  :lol:

This Dying Soul

• Gast
Music other than metal
« Antwort #27 am: Oktober 12, 2004, 10:32:27 Nachmittag »
well we all know that I am a metal head true and through.. but yes there are other types of music that I enjoy and get into quite a bit latly.. even though I am listening to Chaz Bond of jacobs dreams old band Biogenesis at the moment I was about to play some clay atkins or some Rich and Big - Save a Horse and Ride a Cowboy.. yes i am heavily into country, and I know I am going to be laughed off the board for this.. but it is one of the main styles of music that I was raised up on... country has alot of feeling and style that can be matched by no other... also I am into clasical Rock like Rush Led Zepplin, Greatful Dead, Grand Funk railroad, The Who, Iron Butterfly, SuperTramp, Rainbow (with Ronnie James Dio of course) and stuff like that.. I also get into some of the later bluesy funk style bands like Blues Travelers and Dave Mathews Band Rusted Root and other styles of what I call alternative music.. and yes I even get into some of the NU-METAL bands that you all love to hate so much....

though I think the style of music that no one would have ever thought of me to listen to on a daily basis sometimes even more then metal is american Native culture music. like lonly flutes. native drum circles, dance festivals and traditional dance songs from various tribes through out the country.... I also (and never have told any one here this before) get involved heavily in drum and singing cirlces my self. me and my two younger brothers were fond to joining circles when we were younger and then becoming members of thoughs circles and sometimes drum and chant leaders for the circles..

I have alot of Native culture in my bloodline as alot of you know with my recent stay in Alaska and am proud of who I am. there for I am proud to be running around a field like I was on some drug chanting and screaming into the skys while shaking my hands and feet to nothing but clouds and plains or mountain grass while feeling my heart as it should be and not of how I know it.. it is when I am at most peace in this world when I listen to native culture music....