Autor Thema: Literature  (Gelesen 13047 mal)

Virvatuli

• Gast
Literature
« am: Dezember 12, 2004, 04:40:11 Nachmittag »
So, I haven't seen (though I haven't been around for that long) any actual discussion over literature. And for I have a great interest in reading, I would like to know what you ladies and gentlemen read :) Anything else than the newspaper?
I'll answer this later if it takes any heet :)

TexJoachim

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #1 am: Dezember 12, 2004, 04:45:45 Nachmittag »
I don't read newspapers.
:)

I usually read fantasy literature, the occasional SF novel and then history books as well as sociolinguistic stuff and the occasional grammar book.

Greetz,

Tex

This Dying Soul

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #2 am: Dezember 12, 2004, 05:05:41 Nachmittag »
the forum and chat rooms mainly sa of latly.. lol..

but normally I like to read western books by Luis L'mour.. he is a great fiction writer about how he preceived the wild wild west and storys of man in their adventures and times of trail.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #3 am: Dezember 12, 2004, 06:02:07 Nachmittag »
I read alot of fantasy novels.  Currently I'm reading The Burning Stone by Kate Elliott.  It's book three of the Crown of Stars series.

I also like classic literature.  I've read The Phantom of the Opera numerous times.  I've also read The Three Musketeers, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Treasure Island, Tom Sawyer, Pride and Predjudice, and quite a few other classic works.  

Over winter break I'd like to finish The Burning Stone and start in on Don Quixote

Virvatuli

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #4 am: Dezember 12, 2004, 06:49:10 Nachmittag »
Okay... time for me... Me me me me...
Mostly I read fantasystuff. For I'm studying so hard at this time, I like to read something "lighter" on my freetime. My favorite writer at the moment, is the world's best comic fantasy writer Terry Pratchett. Homble opinion ;)
I also like to read historical books, and biographies... And Parodies... And novels... and almost everything :) What I dont like is the 1920-1960 literature. Including Tolkien ;)

shadowman

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #5 am: Dezember 12, 2004, 08:16:37 Nachmittag »
Hey ! Why do newspapers not count ? :(

I read my daily newspaper from front to back without missing any details.
A daily task for which I happily take out an hour or more of my precious time !

:D

The Metal RN

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #6 am: Dezember 13, 2004, 04:31:17 Nachmittag »
I prefer fantasy books with David Eddings and Piers Anthony being my favorite authors. I have just started to read the Vampire Chronicles by Ann Rice and I must say that they are very engrosing and sensual! I would say that I am also reading a lot for school, but............

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #7 am: Dezember 13, 2004, 05:35:51 Nachmittag »
I haven't read Piers Anthony in awhile.  All the puns get to be a bit much (at least, in the Xanth series...)

I really like Peter David.  His stuff cracks me up.  Sir Apropos of Nothing is hillarious!  As are David's novels about King Arthur.

The Metal RN

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #8 am: Dezember 13, 2004, 05:50:31 Nachmittag »
Yeah the puns were good for a while, I think that even he got tired of them, people used to send him in ideas, so much so that he asked them to stop.

Virvatuli

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #9 am: Dezember 13, 2004, 06:39:26 Nachmittag »
So a lot fantasyreaders huh :) Guess they go hand in hand, metal and fantasy, atleast some of them :)

Souleraser

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #10 am: Dezember 13, 2004, 06:48:50 Nachmittag »
Uh, no fantasy for me.
As with movies, my preference in literature is thriller, in literature I also enjoy some horror.
But, in fact, I don't read that much for entertainment purposes but rather to broaden my horizon, therefore I read a lot about history, politics and stuff like that and of course from time to time a computer-related book.

evilshell

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #11 am: Dezember 13, 2004, 10:31:36 Nachmittag »
I'm not much of one for fantasy, although I do appreciate Neil Gaiman and Laurell K. Hamilton (at least before she became a Harlequin cheap sex novel writer in disguise). Mostly I read mysteries and thrillers, along with non-fiction books about politics, theories, life.

gargantouas

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #12 am: Dezember 13, 2004, 10:51:37 Nachmittag »
Oh reading...yeah I quite like it. I am trying to find the fifth book of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I just love him and of course a lot of fantasy boooks. Right now I am in the middle of a collection of fantasy novels made by Margaret Weis the creator of Dragonlance. Pretty Cool...

Virvatuli

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #13 am: Dezember 14, 2004, 08:57:18 Nachmittag »
Oh Neil Gaiman's also great! I loved Neverwhere, and then the Good Omens by Pratchett and Gaiman...
I've also read dragonlance, as Margaret Weis being one of my favoite writers among many others.

TexJoachim

• Gast
Literature
« Antwort #14 am: Dezember 14, 2004, 09:14:10 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Virvatuli"
Oh Neil Gaiman's also great! I loved Neverwhere, and then the Good Omens by Pratchett and Gaiman...

If you liked _Neverwhere_, be sure to pick up _Stardust_!

Oh, and get _Winter Rose_ by McKillip, too.

Greetz,

Tex