Autor Thema: Mithotyn  (Gelesen 10140 mal)

truewalrus

• Gast
Mithotyn
« am: September 16, 2007, 06:06:49 Nachmittag »
Stefan, why not do some of you're old band, Mithotyn, covers but with the clean vocals of Blad? They would sound great with Blad's vocals.

Stefan W

• Gast
Re: Mithotyn
« Antwort #1 am: September 17, 2007, 04:16:15 Nachmittag »
I've tried it and either it sounds like a bad immitation or like a completely different song.

truewalrus

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: September 19, 2007, 06:19:13 Vormittag »
Oh, really? That's too bad, I really like some of the Mithotyn riffs but I'm not a big fan of black metal growls.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: September 19, 2007, 08:19:25 Vormittag »
what songs did you try out, stefan?

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: September 19, 2007, 05:25:27 Nachmittag »
Hail me
Under the banner
Heart of stone
and 2 more I think.

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: September 20, 2007, 01:51:09 Nachmittag »
I have thought about that too, really a shame that it dosent work. But an other thing I´ve also thought of was if you could do some songs from "sceptre..." or "grime...", specially "sceptre..."  as bonus tracks for a coming cd, or a mini, with blad on vocals. I think it would be really appreciated.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: September 20, 2007, 03:11:30 Nachmittag »
I know you said they either didn't sound good, or sounded like a different song.  Do the ones that sound different still sound good, or do they sound different and bad, as well?   If they're good, maybe you could put it on a bonus track as a "Mithotyn cover" :)

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: September 20, 2007, 06:37:56 Nachmittag »
Well, to be honest it´s not fun enough to spend time doing it if it isn't GREAT.

Tirlith: We did a new version of "Child of the wild" for the last album.
We thought about doing it again but we thought it was enough of re-cycling with one done.

truewalrus

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: September 21, 2007, 04:55:04 Vormittag »
You could try doing the ones with already clean vocals such as the Old Rover, no? It wouldn't be as hard for the transition to work then.

Horus-Nikopol

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: September 21, 2007, 09:23:22 Vormittag »
I'm not the biggest fan of black metal, but I think some Mithotyn songs were very cool (Hail Me is my favorite). But it is also my opinion that anything Falconer is vastly superior to the material, so I don't see the point in warming up those old songs when there is new, fresh Falconer songs to be made. Just my 2 cents.  ;)

truewalrus

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: September 22, 2007, 06:15:12 Nachmittag »
That's a good point. I guess I just tend to like it when bands cover well...themselves...except I guess with Mithotyn it's not really that similar.

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: September 23, 2007, 03:32:18 Nachmittag »
Stefan: Yeah, I know you did, I have the Japanes version. But that one is from the "Grime..." album, and as I have understood it, it was written for Göbel, but the "Sceptre..." was more in the style of Blad. So I think it would be better to do a song from that album with him now.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: September 24, 2007, 09:10:23 Vormittag »
Hey, Birdie has a point there! What about the "Old Rover"? That'd probably not sound too bad, I guess.
Still, I'm rather for more brand new Falconer songs than covers of old ones or Mithotyn songs ;)

dirge

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Oktober 14, 2007, 02:10:18 Nachmittag »
even though they are worlds apart, I find Tills Dagen Gryr in part sounds like sections of Vårvindar Friska

Stefan W

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Oktober 14, 2007, 03:23:03 Nachmittag »
It´s the same song. But Vårvindar.... is in the traditional version with the real lyrics.