Autor Thema: Mithotyn  (Gelesen 10122 mal)

cuauhtle

• Gast
Re: Mithotyn
« Antwort #15 am: Oktober 25, 2007, 12:06:28 Nachmittag »
Agree about Old Rover (:
Also Wisdom (from  King of the Distant Forest) has clean vocals, maybe you guys have already tried it. But i cannot stop listening great old stuff in addition to Falconer, looking forward to 6th album with an other surprise bonus ^^

anwynn

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: November 28, 2007, 09:22:48 Nachmittag »
You could try doing the ones with already clean vocals such as the Old Rover, no? It wouldn't be as hard for the transition to work then.

oh I love that song...

"Im an old rover, tired of this world..."

I'm sure that it will be so perfect with the beautiful voice of Mathias...

I'm a bg fan of Mithotyn, I have the 3 cds !
I start with Mithotyn maybe 4-5 years ago and after I discover Falconer !
« Letzte Änderung: November 28, 2007, 09:24:41 Nachmittag von anwynn »

K. Beckman

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Januar 02, 2008, 12:58:05 Nachmittag »
Did'nt Falconer try the Old Rover song with Kristoffer on vocals?

oldrover

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Februar 14, 2008, 10:17:32 Vormittag »
As you can imagine, due to my nick, i'm also a great fan of Old Rover and all the other Mithotyn songs.  :56:
And i was very sad as i heard that Mithotyn gave up(Back in 1999 i was 17 *lol*). the more happier i was as the first Falconer Album was released. Ok i also was very sceptic because i was very disappointed about Vintersorgs evolution, and after that even Borknagar drifted away from my musical taste.

But back to topic:
I think the Mithotyn songs have their own power and they're good the way the songs are.
Without their original vocals the Mithotyn songs wouldn't be that good i think, especially the "king of the distant forest" album which, due to my opinion, was the peak of Mithotyn music.

@Stefan:
So keep on doing the music the way you do, its one of the best musical evolutions i know! And i still like to hear the Mithotyn songs as much as i do the Falconer songs! :bangersmiley:

cuauhtle

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Februar 20, 2008, 12:56:01 Nachmittag »
As you can imagine, due to my nick, i'm also a great fan of Old Rover and all the other Mithotyn songs.  :56:
And i was very sad as i heard that Mithotyn gave up(Back in 1999 i was 17 *lol*). the more happier i was as the first Falconer Album was released. Ok i also was very sceptic because i was very disappointed about Vintersorgs evolution, and after that even Borknagar drifted away from my musical taste.

But back to topic:
I think the Mithotyn songs have their own power and they're good the way the songs are.
Without their original vocals the Mithotyn songs wouldn't be that good i think, especially the "king of the distant forest" album which, due to my opinion, was the peak of Mithotyn music.

@Stefan:
So keep on doing the music the way you do, its one of the best musical evolutions i know! And i still like to hear the Mithotyn songs as much as i do the Falconer songs! :bangersmiley:

As i have stated I would love to hear some slow songs from voice of Mathias but your point of view is really good
, sure they were great, but Falconer's albums are as great as Mithotyn's. Maybe we should demand songs sound like songs in Northwind, Falconer etc. instead of trying to modify old masterpieces, they are already great. (:.
« Letzte Änderung: Februar 20, 2008, 12:58:23 Nachmittag von cuauhtle »

grym

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Februar 28, 2008, 12:32:06 Nachmittag »
But back to topic:
I completely agree with you. Kings of the Distant Forest was amazing. I'm going to have to order a new copy, my old one has gone walkabouts. I havn't been able to listen to Mithotyn in about a year, reading this post made me really miss it :frown:

To validate my posting in an old thread, i can't really imagine alot of Mithotyn with clean vocals. The growls really added to the atmosphere of alot of the songs. While i'm sure a Falconer cover would be worth listening to, it just wouldn't be the same.

truewalrus

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: März 21, 2008, 01:59:51 Vormittag »
To validate my posting in an old thread, i can't really imagine alot of Mithotyn with clean vocals. The growls really added to the atmosphere of alot of the songs. While i'm sure a Falconer cover would be worth listening to, it just wouldn't be the same.

I didn't really like Mithotyn's vocals. It seemed like they needed more power behind it, the vocals were sort of droning along with the song. Then again, there aren't that many growlers/screamers that I like all that much, so what do I know.

hariskar

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: April 23, 2008, 02:48:19 Nachmittag »
Mithotyn is one of my favorite bands. Their music is really great, awesome guitars and compositions ans excellent vocals. I am not a black-death metal lover, the only exception is Mithotyn. Such a pity they don't exist anymore...
I don't think Mithotyns songs should be republished with clean vocals.
I have the 3 albums of Mithotyn, is there anything else I could get?
Thank you!

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: April 24, 2008, 12:42:41 Nachmittag »
They also have 5 demotapes (that I know of), but they are not easy to find. I only got 3 of them so far.

In the dead of Night Rehearsal
Behold the shields of Gold
Meadow in Silence
Nidhogg
Promo´96

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: April 25, 2008, 12:53:58 Vormittag »
They also have 5 demotapes (that I know of), but they are not easy to find. I only got 3 of them so far.

In the dead of Night Rehearsal
Behold the shields of Gold
Meadow in Silence
Nidhogg
Promo´96

Wow, you're lucky. I only have King of the Distant Forest.  I've been looking for the other two albums, and they're fairly expensive when I've found them.  I can only imagine how much the rarities you've found must cost.  :icon_eek:

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: April 25, 2008, 12:13:52 Nachmittag »
Well, I do collect, and it´s starting to be become i rather big collection. Both Falconer and Mithotyn. In sweden it´s not that very expensive but i have hade to buy some things from America, so then it cost alot. Maybe I should take some pictures so you can see it? And if someone else have some fun stuff too?
Can´t do that untill after 5 may thoug, cuz i have some cd-covers at my tattoo-artist, I´m gonna get a Mithotyn tattoo  ;D

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: April 25, 2008, 04:42:47 Nachmittag »
If you could post pics, that'd be great!  Also, pictures of the tattoo! :)

I guess if I want more affordable Mithotyn stuff, I need to go to Sweden and hunt it down.  Because honestly, the internet has failed me so far.  Though I guess in the long run the cost of a trip to Sweden would probably cancel out any affordable music I found.  :icon_lol:

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: April 26, 2008, 03:26:05 Vormittag »
I have no problem what so ever to help someone find some Mithotyn stuff, as long as it´s not at any cost for the band. If I find some great Mithotyn things I allready have, I will tell you!