Autor Thema: What are you studying?  (Gelesen 16983 mal)

The Metal RN

• Gast
What are you studying?
« am: Dezember 15, 2004, 10:52:45 Nachmittag »
I have noticed a lot of us are studying or in school, so naturally, what are we all studying? What are you working towards, what degree, what area of study?

I am working on my matser's degree in Nursing, Psychiatric/Mental health track. By the time I am done I will be able to sit for the Nurse Practitioner's exam which will give me prescriptive rights. (Anyone need anything?!?!?! hahaha  :lol: )

shadowman

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #1 am: Dezember 15, 2004, 11:25:55 Nachmittag »
Yeah ! Send me some tranquilizers to calm down after all that R&B and gansta RAP they keep playing on the radio nowadays... :laugh:

As for your question : I would love to pick up languages again some day...
Swedish ? Finnish ?  :mrgreen:

And I think I'd better start learning from my daughters studybooks to keep track with this changing society... :roll:

TexJoachim

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #2 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 12:00:45 Vormittag »
English, mediaeval history and philosophy.
Currently, I'm writing my MA thesis on 'Polari'.

Greetz,

Tex

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #3 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 12:19:12 Vormittag »
Psychology, emphasis on child therapy.

If I had discovered a love for Philosophy sooner, I'd have gone after a Philosophy minor, but alas! I discovered the awesomeness that is philosophy all too late. :(

Metalmaiden

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #4 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 04:29:06 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"
Currently, I'm writing my MA thesis on 'Polari'.Tex

You mean the language? There was a guy at my High School from England who used to annoy  the teachers by speaking it. It isn't spoken anymore is it?

LightBringer

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #5 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 04:40:51 Vormittag »
I've study Archeology.

The Metal RN

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #6 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 04:54:44 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

If I had discovered a love for Philosophy sooner, I'd have gone after a Philosophy minor, but alas! I discovered the awesomeness that is philosophy all too late. :(

That awesomeness will always be there, I have come to really enjoy philosophy a lot after undergrad. Good luck with child therapy, I have never dabbled in that area. I had thought that I wanted to go into pediatrics but I found my calling elsewhere........

LightBringer

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #7 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 04:58:54 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

Heyyyyyyy never is too late!!!

TexJoachim

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #8 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 10:10:46 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"

You mean the language? There was a guy at my High School from England who used to annoy  the teachers by speaking it. It isn't spoken anymore is it?

I'm talking of the language.
The question whether it is spoken nowadays is a tricky one. When can we count a language as being dead?

Actually, some Polari is still used in certain circumstances.

Greetz,

Tex

Souleraser

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #9 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 10:19:37 Vormittag »
Hm, I'm not really studying anything at all. I'm back at school on the way to my A-levels.
What I plan to study: Political Science with the long-time goals of - in this order - either lecturer or journalism or research.

Mas

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #10 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 03:12:58 Nachmittag »
i dont study anymore, i am 36! i hate study's, i just work

K. Beckman

• Gast
Re: What are you studying?
« Antwort #11 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 04:47:27 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"
I have noticed a lot of us are studying or in school, so naturally, what are we all studying? What are you working towards, what degree, what area of study?

I am working on my matser's degree in Nursing, Psychiatric/Mental health track.

Ah, that explains a coupple of things ;) .
At school I'd study to be a cabinet maker, and today I work as one (allmoast). At my work I make windows, tables, doors et cetera....

Virvatuli

• Gast
What are you studying?
« Antwort #12 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 05:59:11 Nachmittag »
Hmmh... We have a quite different schoolsystem here than in America. So.. Well, I'm now in "Adult High School". But it ain't exactly what you would call a high school in America.
I study many many many subjects, but my priority is languages. At the moment I'm studying english, swedish, spain and german. Gonna start france next year. And when I'm finished with high school, I'm going to university. Languages. And history. And mathematics. I want it all :)

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 06:25:51 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "K. Beckman"

Ah, that explains a coupple of things ;) .

Yes, working with severely mentally ill people 40+ hours a week does have an effect on an individual, or do I just really fit in..... :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :P

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Dezember 16, 2004, 07:27:04 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "K. Beckman"
At school I'd study to be a cabinet maker, and today I work as one (allmoast). At my work I make windows, tables, doors et cetera....

WoW! I love a man who's good with his hands! :wink:

Seriously though, around these parts it is hard to find a good craftsman these days. It is truly an art!