Autor Thema: Languages!  (Gelesen 21169 mal)

TexJoachim

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #30 am: Dezember 20, 2004, 08:02:43 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Virvatuli"
Oh Tex, always correcting everyone...

Just tell me to stop it and I will.

Zitat

I was just trying to make a _really_ bad joke, and now look what you've done, you've ruined it  :cry2:   :lol:  :lol:

This looks like me. You know, we Germans have no humour.
;)

Greetz,

Tex

shadowman

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #31 am: Dezember 20, 2004, 09:13:03 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "K. Beckman"
Only two. Swedish and English. Oh yeah I almoast forgot, Östgötska ;)  So that makes 3.

Öst what ?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #32 am: Dezember 20, 2004, 09:39:29 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "shadowman"
Only two. Swedish and English. Oh yeah I almoast forgot, Östgötska ;)  So that makes 3.

Öst what ?

:wonder: Psst, he's just making it up!  :wink:  :rolleyes:  :laugh:

(note:  We need a smiliey that has shifty eyes)

Virvatuli

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #33 am: Dezember 20, 2004, 10:06:36 Nachmittag »
Tex, actually I truely know it! It's a total tornment to sit for hours and listen while drunken germans are telling "jokes"... ;)

TexJoachim

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #34 am: Dezember 21, 2004, 09:45:01 Vormittag »
Tex, actually I truely know it! It's a total tornment to sit for hours and listen while drunken germans are telling "jokes"... ;)

;)

Greetz,

Tex

K. Beckman

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #35 am: Dezember 21, 2004, 11:00:17 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AngelOfMusic"

Öst what ?

Östgötska. It's my dialect, and we sound really stupid if you compare to the rest of the country. We're like the redneck's of Sweden.  ;)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #36 am: Dezember 21, 2004, 06:07:15 Nachmittag »

Öst what ?

Östgötska. It's my dialect, and we sound really stupid if you compare to the rest of the country. We're like the redneck's of Sweden.  ;)

So...it's kind of like the Redneck South here in the US.  Not the distinguished, sexy accented south, but the "...yer gots purty teeth!" south.  Right?

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #37 am: Dezember 21, 2004, 07:33:09 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "TexJoachim"

Shadow, yeah.. or international handmarks (like the middle finger), if it comes to that ;)  :lol:

Unfortunately, body language is culturally dependent and not universal.
So, signs that mean excellent in German can (and do) mean "Asshole" in another country.

Or, different example: try waving your index and middle finger in England. Be sure to have a weapon ready, as this gesture is extremely offensive.
;)

Facial expressions of emotions are quite universal even if gestures aren't. Infant don't need to be taught the expression for sour, or sadness, it is instinct.  
Check out this link . For you Germans, WARNING, there is humor at this website!  :wink:  
http://www.emotioneric.com/
(Techies check out : Working on a Tech Support Line, Answering Your 500th Call of Someone Who Claims He Can't Send Email)

shadowman

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #38 am: Dezember 21, 2004, 11:26:17 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
[ For you Germans, WARNING, there is humor at this website!  :wink:  
)

Metal Maiden : you are EVIL !! :P

This reminds me of Simpsons episode where Germans have taken over Mr Burns' powerplant. I remember a quote of Homers new German boss after Homer made another stupid remark : German speaking with a pokerface :

'Mister Simpson, we Germans have a great sense of humour but there are limits....'

:mrgreen:

K. Beckman

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #39 am: Dezember 22, 2004, 09:06:09 Vormittag »

So...it's kind of like the Redneck South here in the US.  Not the distinguished, sexy accented south, but the "...yer gots purty teeth!" south.  Right?

Yepp!

Virvatuli

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #40 am: Dezember 22, 2004, 10:33:38 Vormittag »
One language which I really would like to learn is Saame. It's a dying language, they talk it in the most northern parts of Lappland... But it's almost impossible to learn it without moving there.

Metalmaiden

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #41 am: Dezember 22, 2004, 02:52:54 Nachmittag »
I've always been facinated by Tlingit (pronounced klinket) which is a native Alaskan language, a people much like the Lapps.

Is Saame the only basic language  of the area?
Believe it or not, in the small area that is Alaska, there are 22 languages and dialects spoken   :hammer:  , coming from 4 different root languages. This was due to a  great deal of clan and tribal isolation.

Forsaken

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #42 am: Dezember 22, 2004, 06:01:18 Nachmittag »
hebrow
english
german
russion
spanish
norway
french
norwegian

:lol:  :D

shadowman

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #43 am: Dezember 22, 2004, 06:21:23 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Forsaken"
hebrow
english
german
russion
spanish
norway
french
norwegian

:lol:  :D

You speak all these languages ?
That is REALLY impressive !

So, just a little test : how does one say in each language :

I am Merv, I live in Israël and I speak a lot of languages...

:mrgreen:

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Languages!
« Antwort #44 am: Dezember 22, 2004, 06:26:56 Nachmittag »

Yepp!

Yeahhh...but I bet it sounds sexy to anyone who isn't from Sweden...or Scandanavia.  Maybe only to people from the US.  Most of us are suckers for accents here.  Because accents = SEXY.