Autor Thema: ProgPower 9, USA  (Gelesen 5530 mal)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
ProgPower 9, USA
« am: Januar 30, 2008, 11:12:25 Nachmittag »
Progpower 9 lineup

Wednesday:
Acoustic show with Zac Stevens
Metal karaoke

Thursday showcase:
yet to be announced.  I have hopes about a certain band, though. ;)

Friday:
Pathosray
Elvenking
Andromeda
Iron Savior
Riverside
Amorphis (headliner)

Saturday:
Serenity
Spheric Universe Experiment
Rob Rock
VolBeat
Jon Oliva's Pain
Iced Earth (headliner)

I am excited for:  Pathosray, Iron Savior, Rob Rock, and Iced Earth
I am NOT excited for: Amorphis (WTF???) and VolBeat
The rest I am interested in seeing because I have either A.) never heard of them or B.) want to see how they hold up live.  And hey, maybe I'll go all fangirl over one of them like I did with Freak Kitchen last year. XD

Prab

• Gast
Re: ProgPower 9, USA
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 31, 2008, 07:29:16 Vormittag »

Angel, PLEASE PLEASE check out "SERENITY"!
They're from Austria and I still can't believe one of our very own made it to the ProgPower Festival! (Yeah I know that Belphegor are touring the world but I'm talking power metal here ;))
Having toured with Kamelot, Evergrey and Morgana LeFay and having scored a major deal lately they're not considered "underground" anymore though ;) But they're considered as the new "power/melodic metal" hope in Austria (if the international reviews are to be believed, then even in the whole of Europe).
Well, I had never ever heard of them, although they've been around for quite some while. I always missed their shows around here, never on purpose though. But then raving reviews of their latest album started to pop up and studio reports about them mixing their CD in Finnland at Finvox (Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, etc..) and stuff. I was just like "Wow, Austrian metalheads taking a big step, hu?". I ordered their Album "Words Untold & Dreams Unlived" and here I am now, totally surprised and enthused, asking you to check them out and report about their live perfomance :)
I don't want to draw direct comparisons to already established bands, but if you check them out some of their influences seem obvious. Plus, mixing their CD at Finvox somehow makes their sound a bit like other big bands who got their stuff done at those studios.
Okay, enough bla bla, I have a feeling that you're gonna like em Angel :)

Greetz
Prab

P.S.: http://www.serenity-band.com/

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: März 07, 2008, 04:00:22 Vormittag »
The Thursday Night show has been announced!

HELLOWEEN, GAMMA RAY, and Manticora.

FUCKING SWEEEEEEEEEEET!  I'm not excited.  Really.  :56:

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: März 08, 2008, 01:44:37 Nachmittag »
That Thursady show is awesome. Hello-Gamma-Ween-Ray needs no explanation, but I must say that we saw Manticora at Prog Power IV and the were freakin awesome. If you have not seen them you are in for a treat!!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: März 12, 2008, 02:14:09 Vormittag »
Unfortunately, Prab, Serenity just cancelled their ProgPower appearence.  :(

However, I made a post at the Falconer forum urging them to take the open slot.  Falconer is probably the only thing that will ease my disappointment at not seeing Serenity.  :icon_wink:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: März 13, 2008, 01:19:39 Nachmittag »

Have you checked Serenity out yet? Did you like any of their tunes? :)
I just wonder what made them cancel that gig. I already dropped them a message. Let's see what's up.

Oh, and if you get to see Falconer over there at yours... I'm gonna be jealous  >:( not  ;D :bangersmiley:

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: März 17, 2008, 05:32:10 Vormittag »
Glenn selected Saint Daemon from Sweden as Serenity's replacement.  I checked out their stuff via Myspace.  Good Power Metal.  Should be a worthy replacement.