Autor Thema: A question about Mindtraveller  (Gelesen 5638 mal)

iceon

• Gast
A question about Mindtraveller
« am: März 25, 2008, 06:23:15 Vormittag »
Hi! I have a small question about who sings in the song Mindtraveller.

I have just recently heard about Falconer and have gotten their first album (wich I love very much) and my favorite song as of now is by far Mindtraveller. I can't get any logic in who sings in the song though.

So far i figured that Mathias Blad sings:
"I am the mindtraveller
seeking wisdom of yore
I am the mindexplorer
striving to know so much more
Spirits of history fill my soul
with divine old words
I am on the right track
out of the haze I'll emerge
"

But the other parts?

"I reach unknown croners
in the back of my mind
Never been here before
still I recognise it all.
I hear the whispering voices
clearly all around me,
echoing in the valley
where magic intellect dwells
"

Listening on Mathias Blad on the rest of the album he does not really sing in the same way and ye, does he sing both parts?

I really love the "unknown" voice and I wish I could have heard it more in the album. (some part of me says that it sounds like Mathias Blad aswell, but I want to be sure =))

tirlith

• Gast
Re: A question about Mindtraveller
« Antwort #1 am: März 25, 2008, 04:53:29 Nachmittag »
I just wounder what made you think that the first part you quoted from the song is Mathias and then think the other one was someone else?
Why not the other way around?
If you listen to the other songs on the CD aswell you´ll see that if it is the way you think, they should have a "unknown" singer in most of the songs.
So... anyway, it´s Mathias all the time on that CD.

iceon

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: März 25, 2008, 07:07:09 Nachmittag »
I thought that it might be Blad, but in the song he goes "brighter" than in any other song. He has kind of a dull voice in the other songs (what I have heard). This is why I got confused. I am also wondering why they don't use that brighter voice more, but with that said, I haven't heard all of their songs yet. :)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: März 28, 2008, 03:23:37 Nachmittag »

the simple solution: vocal range
mathias has an awesome vocal range. i bet he's able to do everything from baritone to tenor and maybe even higher.

cuauhtle

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: April 01, 2008, 08:39:39 Nachmittag »
Yes, I am also sure its Mathias's voice in all the songs -except some back vocals sure. Maybe you are confused since you are not used to his voice. Any Falconate can tell you whenever he hears Mathias' voice :D

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: April 02, 2008, 12:46:03 Vormittag »

the simple solution: vocal range
mathias has an awesome vocal range. i bet he's able to do everything from baritone to tenor and maybe even higher.

I second this answer.  Mathias has an impressive range.  This is to be expected from one who has been trained for musicals. :)

iceon

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: April 07, 2008, 08:03:44 Vormittag »
I really enjoy their songs, and some songs really grows into you, Mindtraveller and Lord of the Blacksmiths is great =) especially the:

The lord of the blacksmiths
keeps forging on
through the endless time
Master of the anvil
allys the metals
with an essence of magic

part really great job  :bangersmiley: especially adding the "hammer & anvil" sound in the end... great song

falconerfan3967

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: Mai 27, 2008, 01:44:06 Vormittag »
Im sure thats Mathias in the whole song, sometimes singers alter their voice a little bit in diffrent parts of their songs.

Falconer_Fan

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: Februar 09, 2009, 12:09:59 Nachmittag »
Agree. Because Mathias Blad RULES!!!  :biggrin:
YEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!