Autor Thema: Stefan, will there be samples posted again?  (Gelesen 13176 mal)

Prab

• Gast
Re: Stefan, will there be samples posted again?
« Antwort #30 am: Juli 17, 2008, 08:14:00 Vormittag »
If I´m not mistaken, "vargaskall" is an old hunting technique that led to the extinction of wolves in Sweden.

Interesting! Could you tell us a bit more about that? I couldn't really find anything useful now on the internet.

I guess, since yesterday I've listened to the ABAT Medley at least 30 times or more :D
The new album is gonna be so awesome!
Hopefully Metal Blade will release new merchandise!

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: Juli 17, 2008, 10:22:32 Vormittag »
Hi Prab! I´ll try to tell you some more about the so called vargaskall, others who read this - feel free to correct any errors, I´m not a 100% sure of this. Stefan W probably knows more  ;)

In a vargaskall, or vargskall, they used people (beaters in English?) to drive the wolves towards the shooters, by making loud noises. There would be a couple of temporary fences (sort of) placed like the shape of the letter V. The wolves were driven into the wide opening in the "V". They were then driven towards the narrow part of the V, where the shooters lay in waiting. Part of the lyrics in "Vargaskall" are "ringa in och rota ut", meaning "encircle and root out", which they succesfully did.

Man, I look forward to hearing the whole album, the samples sound so great  :bangersmiley:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: Juli 17, 2008, 12:49:09 Nachmittag »

Hey cynic! Thanks for the explanation! Now I understand the concept!
Awesome, that sounds like another song about medieval live. Not just "knights in armors battling dragons" or something else that other bands have sung countless times about.
Did I ever mention that I love how Stefan really tells chapters from medieval life that are usually not really sung about?! :)
I love the few lines from "A beggar hero" too! That story about the once great captain... brilliance!!!

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: Juli 17, 2008, 01:16:08 Nachmittag »
Yes, it´s all great!

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: Juli 17, 2008, 05:27:02 Nachmittag »
I think it's really cool that they write a song like "Vargaskall", since we have a rather big problem with wolf-politic i sweden right now. It's crazy that some people still want all the wolfs killed.

And aboute the titles, "Boiling led" is just before "Vargaskall", isn't it?
It sounds amazing anyway!  ;D

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: Juli 17, 2008, 06:28:05 Nachmittag »
Hi tirlith!

I agree, some of Falconer´s songs are a bit political (Home of the knave). And I agree with the crazy part as well.

Don´t know about "Boiling led", but you´re probably right, I´ll have to listen to the sample again...vad synd  ;D

Carioca

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: Juli 17, 2008, 09:50:40 Nachmittag »
Hey guys! Have you seen the promo photos? I think, they are really GREAT! :o :bangersmiley:

http://www.metalblade.de/index.php?mod=artists&page=gallery&id=34

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: Juli 18, 2008, 12:01:55 Vormittag »
Yeah, nice pics. Liked the two of just Stefan alot, really characteristic. ;)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: Juli 18, 2008, 07:08:59 Vormittag »
The new band pics look great! :)

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: Juli 18, 2008, 10:42:17 Vormittag »
Great pics  :icon_cool:

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: Juli 18, 2008, 03:55:26 Nachmittag »
Nice band pics and the samples sound GREAT! :pleased: I'm a sucker for the songs in Swedish too. I can't wait for the CD!

Angel, I placed a pre-order today @ Amazon with no problem.

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #41 am: Juli 18, 2008, 05:46:20 Nachmittag »
Thanks MM.  I'll look into it.  I may be sending you a message going "help!" though.  Technology = "HUH???" for me.  :lachen: