Autor Thema: living with "Northwind" for a while...  (Gelesen 2674 mal)

Uziel

• Gast
living with "Northwind" for a while...
« am: Juli 30, 2008, 05:41:31 Nachmittag »
.. you know, when the debut came out all those years ago it was an absolute phenomenon. Song after song of brilliant melody and structure wrapped in the most unusual but effective vocal style to ever soar over a metal framework. The production, whilst good, was a little raw with the guitar of Stafan being the main focal point. The whole album lacked a little depth in sound but more than made up for it with a succession of truly brilliant songs

What I like about Northwind is twofold: the depth of sound is incredible, with the layered guitar and keyboard songs and amazing structure its an wonderful experience to listen to (especially on headphones). What I really love about this release however is that Mathias is singing in a slightly higher range on some of the songs (particularly some choruses and bridge parts) and it sounds fantastic. Have to say “Waltz with the Dead”, “Tower of the Queen” and the sublim ballad “Long Gone By” and some of the best songs I have heard in a long, long time.

A truly unique band. Can’t wait to hear the new album