Autor Thema: I just got my ABAT digi!  (Gelesen 3547 mal)

Storm

• Gast
I just got my ABAT digi!
« am: Oktober 22, 2008, 03:30:14 Nachmittag »
Haven't been in here for quite a while now, and probably you all have listened to ABAT a lot of time. I am right now listening to it for the first time. I will come back in a few days/weeks and let you all now my opinion of the record, but for now I can say this:

-Always nice to get a new Falconer record with Mathias at the mic.
-The vocals are not as good as it is on Northwind. Atleast not yet for me.
-It is a faster record it seems. Good or bad? That is a mattter of opinion.
-There is some nice harmonies on this record!
-Already I love the swedish songs.

All in all I think that this might not be my favorite record Falconer have done, though it still is better than atleast two of the earlier releases. I will however like a lot once I've had the chance to listen to it a few hundred times. ;)

All in all -a a solid Falconer release that will be played a LOT here at home. :D

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Re: I just got my ABAT digi!
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 22, 2008, 06:14:24 Nachmittag »
That is more or less how I feel - definitely a solid album, but I like the Northwind release, better.  The album does grow on a person, though.  :)

Also, none of this has stopped me from listening to it constantly.  I do need my usual Falconer fix, and the best way for me is through new music. :)

guardian

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 22, 2008, 11:32:29 Nachmittag »
I not only think that ABAT is a (big) grower, I think it deserves to be up there with Falconer`s best works. This guys are amazing and a guarantee of quality :bangersmiley:

Munkaboo

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 23, 2008, 06:16:31 Nachmittag »
I like this album much more than Northwind. It's a lot catchier.

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 23, 2008, 08:18:24 Nachmittag »
I have to say that I agree with you, Munkaboo. I think it is better that Nortwinds, but how much better I can't say, probably not much.

Storm

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 24, 2008, 07:37:57 Nachmittag »
Gah! Ju wrote a loong review of the record just to have my computer fuck it all up and lose it. :(